Good first setup for any newb

• Thread starter McPappaGreens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McPappaGreens

So I see allot of people posting threads about humidity problems and grow problems and nutrients deficiency and I'm sure everyone has heard don't start with bag seeds everyone learns from Thier own experiences and failures some people post about Thier successes but don't post how by far the easiest I mean the easiest way to start any plant from the very beginning is placing single seeds in a wet paper towel and in a dark bowl and from there transplanting but into what hydro, super soil, living soil,Coco coir what have you I strongly suggest passing on dwc or ebb and flow for first time growers for sure but the best soil mix that I found that works best is easy and somewhat cheap and goes like this 1 bag 4cubic feet perlite 35 dollars,one bag 2 cubic feet peat moss 25 dollars, alfalfa meal 20 dollars Amazon, 11 kilo brick of Coco coir 20 dollars Amazon,30 lb bag of worm castings any store with a garden center is cheaper or Amazon for about 30 dollars kelp meal 11 dollars off Amazon and langbenite fertilizer 20 dollars on Amazon bone meal 20 dollars on Amazon or wherever and all these items can be found local cheaper I'm just using amazon.com as reference and blood meal 20 dollars on Amazon and one 40 lb bag of compost manure your gonna get your coco soaked let it expand and fall apart take one gallon of that an set aside wether in bag or flower pot whatever that's what your plant will grow in for about 3-4 weeks before being transplanted into a 7 gallon fabric pot or bigger remember this mix will fill 2 35 gallon fabric pots to the brim about 6 seven gallon fabric pots and this does not need to cook at all though you should prepare this when you start your seeds and have it in your tent wet and ready to go more on that in a bit but on a large clean area garage floor basement floor 20x20 tarp whatever mix worm castings, remaining coco coir,perlite,peat moss,compost manure,3 cups of kelp meal,3 cups of alfalfa meal,3 cups bone meal, one half cup BLOOD MEAL, don't over do the blood meal you only need a bit it will go a long way and you risk nitro burn and 1 cup of your 0-0-22 langbenite fertilizer mix this very well untill everything is blended really good like I said fill your bags pots whatever and set in your tent do not let this completely dry out unless you encounter fungus nat problems which I have not so take the coco you set aside that's plain coco and add equal parts of the soil you just made before you fill your bags so if you have a gallon of Coco in a gallon pot get a two gallon pot add one gallon of your soil and add the coco to the top when your plant is young it will not need any nutrients as it grows the roots will grow down to the soil you made and feed it untill it's time to go in Thier new pots do not fill your 7 gallon fabric pots to the top you want room for the transplant to go into you can store some in a trash bag or whatever untill it's time to plant you will know when it's time when you see roots at the bottom of the pot don't let the roots wrap around inside the pot I've had lots of success with this grow method no it's not hydroponics cause I'm more or less using Coco coir for water retention it breaks down faster mixed with compost manure the manure fixes allot of problems with nutrient distribution you wouldn't think so but that's what I believe anyways the peat moss helps even the pH of whatever water you give the plant and absorb unwanted salts the Coco coir also releases potassium after it starts breaking down so you don't need allot of that langbenite into flower that's where some mess up is over top feeding there plants this is a one and done water till the end recipe like I said I've grown tomato melons cannabis corn you name it with this exact recipe well I didn't grow the cannabis so to say but guided the person that did now if you wanna add bloom boosters I suggest getting down to earth rose and bloom booster it's all natural with everything you just put in your super soil recipe except more proper flower nutrient ratios if you are not sure what nutrients to feed a plant when then we should go back to the very beginning they need no nutes for about the first two or three weeks then they are gonna need some sort of boost if you didn't plant them over the super soil some 4-6-4 garden fertilizer will work just don't over do it there are so many ways to mess stuff up a foolproof way to grow some is to go in the forest not state or national parks but private property and find some luscious green vegetation with more plants growing in any given area more than the rest the tallest most dense vegetation not a farmers field that shit isn't dirt anymore but on the edge of a river bank whatever and dig up about ten gallons of soil with the vegetation and all mend it down to about three inches of top growth leaving the vegetation like sod on the soil you dug up and plant your seed as the plant grows and the grass or whatever grows trim it from time to time and use it as mulch much like a lawn whatever you put your soil in is your preference I suggest a 35 gallon fabric pot and allot of soil that you dug up and your turf and plant on the top just like in nature except in a 4x4 tent or whatever you should probably veg your plant at 18/6 meaning 18 hrs light on 6 hours off for at least three months then I switch right to 12/12 some people gradually drop Thier times I find it a waste make sure you have more light through the flower cycle it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months some strains even longer or shorter depending on strain quality tomatoes love 12/12 and make some juicy ones I keep a fan on my plant from day one with a slight breeze after about 4 inches I increase the airflow I want it moving but not like it's in a hurricane when its about two feet tall I crank it up to high this makes one hell of a thick stalk some say it has to do with how much light it receives which some of that may be true I believe it's more from the wind constantly pushing the plant from day one to build cells faster resulting in a sturdier thicker plant stalk I don't defoliate or scrog or sea of green just keep it simple water when your plant tells you to the soil at the top should look like the Sahara desert and you shouldn't feel any moisture in the top 5 inches of soil if your unsure pick it up an feel the weight of it after you water it so you know when you pick it up again if it's super super light and crispy looking not dead it needs water I don't water untill it runs out the bottom I use a water can an use regular tap water that has sit out for a couple days and water slowly until I see the water has turned the top pretty dark and I can put my hand in the dirt an it be wet that's it water will gradually fall and drain out the bottom too much water flushes all your good stuff out too fast for reference I watered a cannabis plant in veg stage at two months old three times using maybe 1 gallon of water in a 5 gallon fabric pot so in it's two months of life it only got watered three times it didn't need more the soil held water or moisture very well as it got into flower and the seasons dried up it took a bit more water obviously when there is no moisture in the air plants dry quicker so it does depend on location but I wouldn't worry too much about moisture unless you have condensate on the inside of your tent then I'd open a door an crank the fan up keep temps above 60 degrees at night and below 95 while lights are on and you will be pretty good some people think weed likes it hot well it really likes to be about 78 degrees is what I've found is the best temp if you can keep a tent 78 from start to finish your doing good and we haven't even got to drying and curing yet so as the buds finish and there trichomes just start to show I slow way back on water I only give what they need any more an you can get bud rot very easy it's not a nute problem as some would claim it's a water problem your pumping more water in a plant than it can store or disapate causing moisture to be locked in the bud with no escape just like wet feet that have been wet far too long shit is going south if your watering too much in late flower or after buds have developed so when your trichomes are developed and there just starting to change to a milky color I stop watering all together then your buds will what I call starch up and notice about all your buds have nice milky white trichomes this is prime harvest time you want air as much as possible if it's cold outside turn your tent vent off open a window for a few minutes and let some air in you want those buds to breath real good right after they get chopped so shut your window let your room warm back up your humidity should of went down take your plants out of your tent and cut all your buds at the stem closes to the plant stalk you want some sticks on those buds it's ok wipe your tent down turn your air back on vent whatever hang your buds stick side up in your tent in the dark untill they are nice and dry your humidity should be 55 the whole time if it's too low add a bowl of water to the middle of your tent and adjust the amount of water depending on humidity you should try an get this right before you chop your plants after about 7 days your buds should start getting crispy you should be checking periodically to make sure mold is not growing on buds let them breath just like when they was growing don't point a fan on them but air moving from the bottom of your tent out the exhaust at the top should work great so after 7 days they should start to break the stems anyways if they don't snap like the twigs that are 2 years old in your yard there not ready you want a really good snap when you bend your stem don't wait too long and don't cure too soon so on to curing after your buds are dry you wanna drop your pretty nugs in a big glass jar for one plant I got away with 6 64 ounce mason jars some might need more jars some might need less some use a plastic bowl I say do it the right way an go with glass it locks the moisture in better and smell and the overall final bud is better put buds in your jar enough to fill it up don't cram it in there but don't leave 6 inches at the top either if you can't get allot of nugs in one jar try cutting them down or in half sounds dumb but do it anyways open your jars every day mean every day for about five minutes this let's oxygen in an allows those little green monsters do Thier job and cure your gonna want to repeat this every day for about a month 4 weeks it sounds like allot of work but is totally worth it trust me don't skip steps when it comes to drying and curing or you would of wasted allot of time for a headache and I advise anyone to use this information at Thier own doings if you're plant grows up bad I can't be held accountable this is just advice from a previous setup back in the day and known to work for me it does not mean it will best suit you I advise everyone to do as much research as possible in living soil grows and not using bottled nutes the ground is full of nutes and has been for millennia or shit wouldn't grow outside in some places it doesn't some are from natural causes most are from human error if you made it to the end of this post and still aren't sure then I'm sorry friend I don't know what to tell you balls up and drop a seed and learn from your mistakes research research research makes the best out of unused time knowledge is power and power is useless if ya don't know how to use it so power your ass off the couch go to home Depot and get started

M

McPappaGreens

Paragraphs are your friend. They will help you organize your thoughts so we can organize responses.
Your right that would of been some epic advice if I didn't write it stoned copy and paste from note tab to this forum. It was kinda paragraphed to some extent but the copy an paste kinda messed that up.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I started to read, then I just scrolled. If you edit your post a bit I will read more of it.

Welcome by the way

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Paragraphs are your friend. They will help you organize your thoughts so we can organize responses.
So glad you mentioned that for i was about to, i had to stop reading which is a shame for the post looks interesting.

Once spaced out...I'll be interested. :P

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So I see allot of people posting threads about humidity problems and grow problems and nutrients deficiency and I'm sure everyone has heard don't start with bag seeds everyone learns from Thier own experiences and failures some people post about Thier successes but don't post how by far the easiest I mean the easiest way to start any plant from the very beginning is placing single seeds in a wet paper towel and in a dark bowl and from there transplanting but into what hydro, super soil, living soil,Coco coir what have you I strongly suggest passing on dwc or ebb and flow for first time growers for sure but the best soil mix that I found that works best is easy and somewhat cheap and goes like this 1 bag 4cubic feet perlite 35 dollars,one bag 2 cubic feet peat moss 25 dollars, alfalfa meal 20 dollars Amazon, 11 kilo brick of Coco coir 20 dollars Amazon,30 lb bag of worm castings any store with a garden center is cheaper or Amazon for about 30 dollars kelp meal 11 dollars off Amazon and langbenite fertilizer 20 dollars on Amazon bone meal 20 dollars on Amazon or wherever and all these items can be found local cheaper I'm just using amazon.com as reference and blood meal 20 dollars on Amazon and one 40 lb bag of compost manure your gonna get your coco soaked let it expand and fall apart take one gallon of that an set aside wether in bag or flower pot whatever that's what your plant will grow in for about 3-4 weeks before being transplanted into a 7 gallon fabric pot or bigger remember this mix will fill 2 35 gallon fabric pots to the brim about 6 seven gallon fabric pots and this does not need to cook at all though you should prepare this when you start your seeds and have it in your tent wet and ready to go more on that in a bit but on a large clean area garage floor basement floor 20x20 tarp whatever mix worm castings, remaining coco coir,perlite,peat moss,compost manure,3 cups of kelp meal,3 cups of alfalfa meal,3 cups bone meal, one half cup BLOOD MEAL, don't over do the blood meal you only need a bit it will go a long way and you risk nitro burn and 1 cup of your 0-0-22 langbenite fertilizer mix this very well untill everything is blended really good like I said fill your bags pots whatever and set in your tent do not let this completely dry out unless you encounter fungus nat problems which I have not so take the coco you set aside that's plain coco and add equal parts of the soil you just made before you fill your bags so if you have a gallon of Coco in a gallon pot get a two gallon pot add one gallon of your soil and add the coco to the top when your plant is young it will not need any nutrients as it grows the roots will grow down to the soil you made and feed it untill it's time to go in Thier new pots do not fill your 7 gallon fabric pots to the top you want room for the transplant to go into you can store some in a trash bag or whatever untill it's time to plant you will know when it's time when you see roots at the bottom of the pot don't let the roots wrap around inside the pot I've had lots of success with this grow method no it's not hydroponics cause I'm more or less using Coco coir for water retention it breaks down faster mixed with compost manure the manure fixes allot of problems with nutrient distribution you wouldn't think so but that's what I believe anyways the peat moss helps even the pH of whatever water you give the plant and absorb unwanted salts the Coco coir also releases potassium after it starts breaking down so you don't need allot of that langbenite into flower that's where some mess up is over top feeding there plants this is a one and done water till the end recipe like I said I've grown tomato melons cannabis corn you name it with this exact recipe well I didn't grow the cannabis so to say but guided the person that did now if you wanna add bloom boosters I suggest getting down to earth rose and bloom booster it's all natural with everything you just put in your super soil recipe except more proper flower nutrient ratios if you are not sure what nutrients to feed a plant when then we should go back to the very beginning they need no nutes for about the first two or three weeks then they are gonna need some sort of boost if you didn't plant them over the super soil some 4-6-4 garden fertilizer will work just don't over do it there are so many ways to mess stuff up a foolproof way to grow some is to go in the forest not state or national parks but private property and find some luscious green vegetation with more plants growing in any given area more than the rest the tallest most dense vegetation not a farmers field that shit isn't dirt anymore but on the edge of a river bank whatever and dig up about ten gallons of soil with the vegetation and all mend it down to about three inches of top growth leaving the vegetation like sod on the soil you dug up and plant your seed as the plant grows and the grass or whatever grows trim it from time to time and use it as mulch much like a lawn whatever you put your soil in is your preference I suggest a 35 gallon fabric pot and allot of soil that you dug up and your turf and plant on the top just like in nature except in a 4x4 tent or whatever you should probably veg your plant at 18/6 meaning 18 hrs light on 6 hours off for at least three months then I switch right to 12/12 some people gradually drop Thier times I find it a waste make sure you have more light through the flower cycle it can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months some strains even longer or shorter depending on strain quality tomatoes love 12/12 and make some juicy ones I keep a fan on my plant from day one with a slight breeze after about 4 inches I increase the airflow I want it moving but not like it's in a hurricane when its about two feet tall I crank it up to high this makes one hell of a thick stalk some say it has to do with how much light it receives which some of that may be true I believe it's more from the wind constantly pushing the plant from day one to build cells faster resulting in a sturdier thicker plant stalk I don't defoliate or scrog or sea of green just keep it simple water when your plant tells you to the soil at the top should look like the Sahara desert and you shouldn't feel any moisture in the top 5 inches of soil if your unsure pick it up an feel the weight of it after you water it so you know when you pick it up again if it's super super light and crispy looking not dead it needs water I don't water untill it runs out the bottom I use a water can an use regular tap water that has sit out for a couple days and water slowly until I see the water has turned the top pretty dark and I can put my hand in the dirt an it be wet that's it water will gradually fall and drain out the bottom too much water flushes all your good stuff out too fast for reference I watered a cannabis plant in veg stage at two months old three times using maybe 1 gallon of water in a 5 gallon fabric pot so in it's two months of life it only got watered three times it didn't need more the soil held water or moisture very well as it got into flower and the seasons dried up it took a bit more water obviously when there is no moisture in the air plants dry quicker so it does depend on location but I wouldn't worry too much about moisture unless you have condensate on the inside of your tent then I'd open a door an crank the fan up keep temps above 60 degrees at night and below 95 while lights are on and you will be pretty good some people think weed likes it hot well it really likes to be about 78 degrees is what I've found is the best temp if you can keep a tent 78 from start to finish your doing good and we haven't even got to drying and curing yet so as the buds finish and there trichomes just start to show I slow way back on water I only give what they need any more an you can get bud rot very easy it's not a nute problem as some would claim it's a water problem your pumping more water in a plant than it can store or disapate causing moisture to be locked in the bud with no escape just like wet feet that have been wet far too long shit is going south if your watering too much in late flower or after buds have developed so when your trichomes are developed and there just starting to change to a milky color I stop watering all together then your buds will what I call starch up and notice about all your buds have nice milky white trichomes this is prime harvest time you want air as much as possible if it's cold outside turn your tent vent off open a window for a few minutes and let some air in you want those buds to breath real good right after they get chopped so shut your window let your room warm back up your humidity should of went down take your plants out of your tent and cut all your buds at the stem closes to the plant stalk you want some sticks on those buds it's ok wipe your tent down turn your air back on vent whatever hang your buds stick side up in your tent in the dark untill they are nice and dry your humidity should be 55 the whole time if it's too low add a bowl of water to the middle of your tent and adjust the amount of water depending on humidity you should try an get this right before you chop your plants after about 7 days your buds should start getting crispy you should be checking periodically to make sure mold is not growing on buds let them breath just like when they was growing don't point a fan on them but air moving from the bottom of your tent out the exhaust at the top should work great so after 7 days they should start to break the stems anyways if they don't snap like the twigs that are 2 years old in your yard there not ready you want a really good snap when you bend your stem don't wait too long and don't cure too soon so on to curing after your buds are dry you wanna drop your pretty nugs in a big glass jar for one plant I got away with 6 64 ounce mason jars some might need more jars some might need less some use a plastic bowl I say do it the right way an go with glass it locks the moisture in better and smell and the overall final bud is better put buds in your jar enough to fill it up don't cram it in there but don't leave 6 inches at the top either if you can't get allot of nugs in one jar try cutting them down or in half sounds dumb but do it anyways open your jars every day mean every day for about five minutes this let's oxygen in an allows those little green monsters do Thier job and cure your gonna want to repeat this every day for about a month 4 weeks it sounds like allot of work but is totally worth it trust me don't skip steps when it comes to drying and curing or you would of wasted allot of time for a headache and I advise anyone to use this information at Thier own doings if you're plant grows up bad I can't be held accountable this is just advice from a previous setup back in the day and known to work for me it does not mean it will best suit you I advise everyone to do as much research as possible in living soil grows and not using bottled nutes the ground is full of nutes and has been for millennia or shit wouldn't grow outside in some places it doesn't some are from natural causes most are from human error if you made it to the end of this post and still aren't sure then I'm sorry friend I don't know what to tell you balls up and drop a seed and learn from your mistakes research research research makes the best out of unused time knowledge is power and power is useless if ya don't know how to use it so power your ass off the couch go to home Depot and get started
I don't normally comment on other peoples grammar, but that is very difficult to read. Could you please edit it a bit?
Thanx!

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

You expect me to read this word-soup?

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Absolutely thcfarmer

welcome to the farm!

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Your right that would of been some epic advice if I didn't write it stoned copy and paste from note tab to this forum. It was kinda paragraphed to some extent but the copy an paste kinda messed that up.
Once I post it like it is, just go over it and make separations. I often have to do it in certain cut and paste jobs. Using the original makes it pretty fast to do btw.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Once I post it like it is, just go over it and make separations. I often have to do it in certain cut and paste jobs. Using the original makes it pretty fast to do btw.
If you're talking K.I.S.S, you are totally over complicating a plant that grows just fine without human interference.

You can pop a seed in some soil and toss it under florescent shop lights and grow really decent herb...Lol.

What you are suggesting literally is more advanced and Real Noobs shouldn't follow this. Noobs need to get their hands dirty and figure their environment out. Start with a seed, soil, water and a light...Lol.

The plant will grow just well with just those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom