Good Morning From Lower Norcal!

• Thread starter DoobieBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro

DoobieBro

I'm in my Mid 50's and only been vaping flower and taking CBD for about 14 months for chronic pain and other health conditions. I've been a member here for a bit but don't remember if I've already introduced myself.

My Family has started a Hemp CBD and Marijuana Business we are actually doing a portion every part of it ourselves plus have contracts with large commercial operations. I've come here because I've been asked to take over one of our grows because we had to fire the person who was supposed to taking care of it for us.

This grow currently has about 200 plants in veg and we plan to do this grow from clones from here forward. The plants are currently ranging from 2'-3' and are in temporary containers. We are growing 100% organic in soil.

I'm involved in other aspects of the industry as well and I'm called Reverend Kush because I'm an ordained minister - that's a long story. Suffice it to say I'm not the typical Ordained minister and I cuss like a sailor. Matter of fact going by Reverand Kush is kind of my way of mocking organized religion.

Matter of fact if the mods could change my username to Reverend Kush that would be much appreciated. If not I'll live with DoobieBro.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I'm in my Mid 50's and only been vaping flower and taking CBD for about 14 months for chronic pain and other health conditions. I've been a member here for a bit but don't remember if I've already introduced myself.

My Family has started a Hemp CBD and Marijuana Business we are actually doing a portion every part of it ourselves plus have contracts with large commercial operations. I've come here because I've been asked to take over one of our grows because we had to fire the person who was supposed to taking care of it for us.

This grow currently has about 200 plants in veg and we plan to do this grow from clones from here forward. The plants are currently ranging from 2'-3' and are in temporary containers. We are growing 100% organic in soil.

I'm involved in other aspects of the industry as well and I'm called Reverend Kush because I'm an ordained minister - that's a long story. Suffice it to say I'm not the typical Ordained minister and I cuss like a sailor. Matter of fact going by Reverand Kush is kind of my way of mocking organized religion.

Matter of fact if the mods could change my username to Reverend Kush that would be much appreciated. If not I'll live with DoobieBro.
Well hello there and welcome to the Farm,how the fuck are ya? Lol,j/k,I'm still a sailor at heart too and cuss like one pretty often.Navy and then tugboats,in my 50's now and sometimes miss it but then I remember beating ice of the bow with baseball bats in the North Atlantic and it passes.
I'm a bit envious of what you and your family are doing,I can't think of a better way to spend the rest of my life.
I window shop around quite a bit but not sure I want such a geographical change to do what I love just yet.
Anyway,welcome,hope to see some pics of what you're doing out there!

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Well hello there and welcome to the Farm,how the fuck are ya? Lol,j/k,I'm still a sailor at heart too and cuss like one pretty often.Navy and then tugboats,in my 50's now and sometimes miss it but then I remember beating ice of the bow with baseball bats in the North Atlantic and it passes.
I'm a bit envious of what you and your family are doing,I can't think of a better way to spend the rest of my life.
I window shop around quite a bit but not sure I want such a geographical change to do what I love just yet.
Anyway,welcome,hope to see some pics of what you're doing out there!

I'm fucking okay thanks for asking! Thanks for the fucking welcome!

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

Nothing actually constitutes Lower NorCal I only said because some people North of Sacramento looks at you weird when Sacramento is referred to as Northern California. Especially if they are from close to the Oregon Boarder.

I’ve lived in Sacramento, CA for all but one of my 55 years and have had a lot of people laugh when Sacramento is called part of NorCal. So that was just my attempt at bad humor.

I lived in Humboldt county for a year about 30 years ago and the people there were incredulous when Sacramento is called NorCal.

the rrock

the rrock

I used to live in the Knights Landing and we called that lower NoCal

Badrice

Badrice

I see, I also live here in Sacramento and never heard much about Sac not being Norcal. Well met.

Dan789

Dan789

Guess Mid Cal, isn’t as catchy, but that’s pretty much where it’s/we’re at here?...
PS Welcome.
PSS, CenCal?...

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

I've come here because I've been asked to take over one of our grows because we had to fire the person who was supposed to taking care of it for us.
Welcome to the farm.
I would encourage you to use your skills to find and develop staff to help you out with the WORK required to sustain a grow of this size.
You didn't say how much space you have under cultivation, or how many K watts of power you are paying for, but 200 teens are a significant responsibility.
I'm one tenth your size in a basement corner, so I'm confidant you will need help.
Good luck with it all, and keep us posted.

MrsCannabis

MrsCannabis

Hello

DoobieBro

DoobieBro

I too am curious about what constitutes lower NorCal!

As I mentioned before nothing really! I was kind of being sarcastic because in another part of life I spent a lot of time along the Northern CA. Coast and some people from that area would get pretty incredulous when I would call Sacramento NorCal. I was born and raised in Sacramento and NorCal is all I ever heard this part of the State Referred, Central Cal was always south of Stockton, and SoCal was basically south of Bakersfield. Anyway, that has always been understanding.

Badrice

Badrice

I can agree with that, I am originally from the foothills and Sacramento is Norcal but as soon as you hit Stockton its central Cali.

SinCity

SinCity

Nothing actually constitutes Lower NorCal I only said because some people North of Sacramento looks at you weird when Sacramento is referred to as Northern California. Especially if they are from close to the Oregon Boarder.

I’ve lived in Sacramento, CA for all but one of my 55 years and have had a lot of people laugh when Sacramento is called part of NorCal. So that was just my attempt at bad humor.

I lived in Humboldt county for a year about 30 years ago and the people there were incredulous when Sacramento is called NorCal.

Well of course Sacramento is NorCal! I apologize for their sanctimonious and very rude reaction. I love living in Humboldt, but many growers here these days live in a crazy ass bubble. They are convinced that they are the only place and the only people to ever have grown marijuana. Ever.

PS: Welcome!

Top Bottom