Good morning, update

• Thread starter Brwnthmsdfce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok my best guess. I would feel confident if you are in agreement. Knats I think are an after the fact addition but no way to say for sure.

I think the gnats were drawn to those dying plants like fruit flies to a banana peel. They're a pest but they wont do that kind of damage to a plant. When leaves start getting crispy it's because the excess fertilizer salts are literally dessicating them.

Brwnthmsdfce

Brwnthmsdfce

That's a well educated assessment, not a guess lol. I came to the same conclusion.
@Dirtbag ,yeah I had nute lockout 😣 ,plus I just realized my water ph was too high, so i think I'm on the right track with my new set and the ladies are happy
20200107 184942

Brwnthmsdfce

Brwnthmsdfce

I think the gnats were drawn to those dying plants like fruit flies to a banana peel. They're a pest but they wont do that kind of damage to a plant. When leaves start getting crispy it's because the excess fertilizer salts are literally dessicating them.
@Dirtbag , for this I added mosquito dunks to medium, and switched to Foxfarm happy frog/30%perlite,and neem spray for preventive. So far so good🌱

Brwnthmsdfce

Brwnthmsdfce

Ok my best guess. I would feel confident if you are in agreement. Knats I think are an after the fact addition but no way to say for sure.
I @Aqua Man , thank you, I see what you are sayin. I took some precautions, and I'm measuring ph carefully, I had some misinformation about ph. A friend of mine who has been growing for 10 years ,told me that ph 7 was fine, and that I didnt need to check it or lower it☹😣 I had 12 ladies on my patio this summer, the results were not great. I was trying everything but could not figure it out. Wht a huge mistake. Hence my call sign. This time has to be.better

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I @Aqua Man , thank you, I see what you are sayin. I took some precautions, and I'm measuring ph carefully, I had some misinformation about ph. A friend of mine who has been growing for 10 years ,told me that ph 7 was fine, and that I didnt need to check it or lower it☹😣 I had 12 ladies on my patio this summer, the results were not great. I was trying everything but could not figure it out. Wht a huge mistake. Hence my call sign. This time has to be.better
Tbh I think your friend was right. With a ppm under 150 from the tap ph 7 should be fine. That soil has buffering added so the soil adjusts the ph. I think it was more environment that caused the issues and plants give off pheromones that can invite insects when they are sick. It's nature's way of culling weak plants.

Top Bottom