Good or point less idea?

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

how its going? ok i trying to figure something out here. I going to make 4 boxes that are 4x8 with about and 8in walls inside my room. Im going to take cocotek matt and place it at the bottom of the box then im going to take my girls which are in 8in cocotek pots and place them in the box and then fill up the box with soil fox farm and then place one more cocotek matt over the plants if your getting all of this. My idea behind this is to give the roots more space if they can get out of the cocotek pots and into the soil around them which i have seen it happen. Hes my deal im just using the 4x8 box to flip my girls in so not to sure if the roots will have time to get out of the cocotek pots. maybe if i wait about one week and then flip them. any input on this idea would be great thanks

W

woody420

the box is just like a planter box that would be outside made out of wood with pond liner inside. gos like this pond liner then cocotek matt then add dirt place one more layer off cocotek matt with holes in the matt that i will beable to place my 8in cocotek pots into. i was hoping this would allow my roots more room to grow but not sure if i need to im running a 7-8week plant and im not veging them in the planter box just fliping them.

W

woody420

no help on this one guys i hope u understand what im getting at here?

G

Genius Genetics

i would'nt use the last cocotek matt over the plants but rest of it sounds ok to me
just let them veg for a week or 2 in the box to get the root spreading
or you could wait intill you see roots poppin out of the cocotek pots then put them in the box veg for a 10 days and then flip them
it all depends on what the stretch in flowerin is like with the strain ur growin
and how big u want ur plants.

hope this helps

Peace G.G.

G

Genius Genetics

also you may want to put some holes in the bottom of the box's for drainage

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually, I think I can pick up what you're puttin' down, you're gonna kind of... layer cake the coco, yeah? I can see that getting expensive and elaborate, though. Try it on a smaller scale first, before you invest a bunch of time and money, that's my best advice.

W

woody420

i want to put the plants in there when they are about 12-15 in im running black berry or purps. then i was going to scrog them girls 4 the 1st- two weeks of flowering. the cocotek pots will be full of soil when i get them and girls they will be around 12-15 in tall. so maybe i should veg them for a week and feed with roots exl atilll i think the roots are outside the pots. i want to know if letting the roots get out of the cocotek pots will help my pull at the end of my run? im thinking the 2th matt of cocotek with help protect my surface roots i will have holes with pvc pipe on bottom of table to help drain tables.

thanks 4 all the help thew 2 cents. go ahead and bag on this idea if you want i need to hear it all good and bad late

G

Genius Genetics

that all sounds good to me bro and H&G roots exl is the nutts
but i still dont like the sound of the 2nd matt of cocotek
the roots need plenty of oxygen/air around them
i think that last matt mite hinder/block air to the roots
one of the reason's ur plants will make surface roots is to find better oxygen/air

drainage sounds good

and yes letting the roots get out of the pots will make a big difference in yield

big healthy root system = big healthy yields

W

woody420

cool bro good looking out. i think ur right about the 2th layer of cocotek matt ever crossed my mind about blocking air thanks man.

G

Genius Genetics

im glad i could help a felow farmer.. hope it all go's/grow's well

one more thing... iv been thinking...
you never mentioned if you are going to line the inside of the box's to make them water proof.

if you want to use the box's for more grow's after this one,
you will need to line the inside with thick black plastic sheeting.
just use a staple gun and staple the plastic sheeting to the top edge of 1 of the 8" sides and lay it over/down into the box and staple to the other edge's on all sides

feel where your drainage hole's are and gently push the plastic sheeting though the hole
gently split the plastic sheeting and staple to the underside of the box
so even the drainage hole's are lined and you still have drainage

otherwise the wood will soak up water and after a while warp out of shape and go moldy..

hay bro....have you ever seen how soma builds his box's.. with no drainage.. its real smart
if you havent you should look it up or buy his book its a good read and well worth it show's you how to build some badass bed's/box's

peace G.G.

W

woody420

good looking out bro im just going to buy that book today fuck ya thats the idea for me. i looked at the book online and it work out well 4 what im shooting at buiding

W

woody420

what up brother gg ? Im getting around 2 the boxes just wraping up my room.think im going to do it somas way the beds the is bed build with the p.v.c. pipes and shit no drain . then im going to take the girls out of the 8in pots and then t.p. into beds. veg girls 10days with root exl. and flip the pretty little things after the roots grow out alittle what do u think but that?

G

Genius Genetics

what up brother gg ? Im getting around 2 the boxes just wraping up my room.think im going to do it somas way the beds the is bed build with the p.v.c. pipes and shit no drain . then im going to take the girls out of the 8in pots and then t.p. into beds. veg girls 10days with root exl. and flip the pretty little things after the roots grow out alittle what do u think but that?

Easy Bro how things?? yeah soma's beds ROCK, hows it coming along??

did you get the beds finished??

hope all is well bro:)

Peace
GeniusG :smiley_joint:

Top Bottom