Good outdoor MJ strains

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I found this article and figured I'd post it for other outdoor growers and folks thinking of trying it. It's cheap to do and IMO very easy...and fun.. I have also found that AK-47, Widow crosses, Afghan/Skunks and some of the Blueberry's do very well outdoors and in colder climates. I grow in a greenhouse and a few others get planted directly outside here in CO Rockies at 9400 feet up.

specific strains that did well for me outdoors:

Sensi Seeds Afghan #1 (huge yields and bigtime couch locker, fiished early)
Superskunk and Skunk #1 (SS thrived, big yielder)
AK-47 and a pheno AK-Cherry (small yields, small buds, tbut potent, nice flavor)
WWxBig Bud (big and frosty, average yields)
WWxAK Cherry (average yields, nice flavor)
DJ's Blueberry (big yields, big top colas, thrived, great high and taste) (finished very late for some reason)

from below, Guerrilla Gusto and Early Biddy get my interest:

http://www.dailysmoker.com/top-lists/best-outdoor-cannabis-seeds

Last edited:
SurfdOut

SurfdOut

I try to order seeds bred outdoors instead of lines worked under artificial conditions. Aloha

Ar15

Ar15

My first outdoor grow last year and I was impressed highly with Sweet Seeds: Sweet Thai and Green Poison they were samples and were better than most of the crop...I think they came with the GHS purchase but also the SLH and Lemon Skunk were great but Lemon Skunk was a low yielder. The Green Poisons yield good and I bet either way you grow it you're going to end up with dense buds on those things.

If you dare try a Hawaiin Snow outdoors it's a beast...

I'm looking fir 2014 strains soon too think I want something with Alien in it! Def some WF 2

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

can't go wrong with afghan outdoor's it is a land race strain

squiggly

squiggly

I try to order seeds bred outdoors instead of lines worked under artificial conditions. Aloha

This is the fastest route to best outdoor results if you can confirm that's how the strains were bred and selected (and you trust the selector). We really have *created* a new class of marijuana in indoor strains, and a great deal of the new genetics in the market are of this class.

Find a Bubblegum, you'll be stoked.
This has been the mantra of many outdoor growers since time immemorial (to me at least). Good advice methinks.

Baylife

Baylife

BOG has a bunch of strains that do well outside; my friends have had great success but this year will be my first experience with blue moonrooks and a couple other of BOG's gems.

I love blue dragon...I've had great success with it.

I did a bunch of OG raskal's alien crosses this year and the quality was AMAZING but it was too dense and I had some mold issues. The yield wasn't there either.

Swell

Swell

Southern Humboldt Seed Collective is my pick. They're one of the very very few breeders that focus only on outdoor growing.

In my opinion they are the pinnacle seedbank for outdoor strains.
Their seeds are the most vigorous i've ever grown plus the owner is a guru of guru's. He's truly OG, and is helping pioneer CBD strains too.

You can tell SoHumSeeds puts their heart into the breeding.

Also, BOG is reputable and most legit. Word around Northern California is that they have top notch genetics, and some of them REALLY excel outdoors. From experience Blue Kush does great in light dep greenhouse.

I'm extremely psyched to be doing some Sweet/Sour Cindy, Sour LSD, and Blue Kush outdoor this year. Shooting for 15ft+ for my Sour LSD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom