good reading

• Thread starter TheTommyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

bought Ed Rothenthal's marijuana growers handbook ....
reading through it now.
it should be a pre req before asking questions on here ..... all my stupid question or comments (or comments that I now realized were stupid) are being addressed.

Super happy with it .... strongly suggested for newbs (like me)

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

PHUCK!!!!! so this is the 2010 edition. there seems to be a lot of basic info that is good. the first book I had was from Jorge ...... I am doing this for 3 reasons;the most recent is because of the economy. I need ..... repeat NEED good info. losing my house is NOT AN OPTION. growing good pot is NOT easy ....my garden is NOT what everyone else reports in yield or potency and I cannot support my self and wife .... let alone try to make some black market money at this. after 20 years in the auto motive industry .... you get tossed aside. I am (was) the top 5 % of what I do ..... and it evaporated over night.

Some one ..please help. now Im desperate.
(insert weeping here)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Tommy, unfortunately no one can help u but u. Growing mmj isn't as hard as people make it. Usually the average grower over thinks indoor growing and complicates the fuck out of things. Jorge and Ed books are one sided on their views of cultivating, however they do cover most basics which IMO is most important. Stay up man and keep it simple. Much luck to ur future and may the "ganja gods" be with u ;) Z

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

thank you ... I just wanna make over a 200G harvest outa 24 plants.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I have not read his latest editions but Ed and Jorge put out bad info.A general read on plant physiology would help more I think. JK

Can you give examples of the bad information--
so folks who read their stuff can be discerning...

Tank333

Tank333

thank you ... I just wanna make over a 200G harvest outa 24 plants.
This is gonna depend on several factors, environment being one of the biggest. The second will be your light source. An HID light will give you this yeild MUCH easier than using flouro's. This averages out to be a little over 8g/plant. Doing sea of green (flowering clones immediately after rooting them in a 1 gal cont.) with an HID SHOULD be able to give you this yield every two months or so.

If you want to veg out your plants a little longer, you could get an even higher yield per plant. Exponentially so (to a point), with proper training.

Granted, this all hinges on proper environment, lighting and nutrients. If one of these three are lacking, your yield will suffer for it. Too cold or too hot, you get slower growth. Not enough light and your plants won't be able to use the nutrients available. Not enough nutrients and your plants will start to show deficiencies and slow growth.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of marijuana botany it has an absolute wealth of knowledge inside that you can apply to any aspect of growing the wonderful herbs just my 2 cents:D

d420dool

d420dool

Ive read all three, jorge,ed,greg green, and the rev too, thats 4. Each authors got his own way of presenting the info, ifeel by reading all these books, o and im workin on rob clarks botany now, has really laid down a great foundation of the fundimentals for me, the more u read the better, i always say

Top Bottom