good strains for PTSD ?

• Thread starter ArkNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ArkNugz

we have lots of patients with PTSD, and I was wondering which strains from your experience helps treating it?

thanks ! :rasta2:

S

Sketch415

we have lots of patients with PTSD, and I was wondering which strains from your experience helps treating it?

Im a patient with PTSD stemming from my childhood. The best strains that calm me down are Sativa/Indica crosses that are sativa dominant, altho pure Sativas work pretty well too.
I would suggest:
Strawberry Cough
Jack Herer
OG Kush
Blueberry (I know its indica dominant, but DAMN this one has an amazing calming/sedative effect)
Sour D

the one strain ive found to almost completly bury my symptoms is Mango/Trainwreck, altho this particular strain can be difficult to find.

The Joker

The Joker

I know that their are vets in our online communities who are suffering and need this information. I know one who likes the Haze hybrids like Jack Herer and Amnesia Haze. But he also benefits from herijuana and bubba kush.

B

Bud Farmer

I recommend RMS Burmese Sativa.
I don't suffer from PTSD, although a friend of mine does and he claims my Burmese Sativa works great for him!

F

Frank_Castle

I started smoking because of my PTSD.

Honestly they all have worked for me. OG Kush or the sativa's get me high but once the high wears off my body is completely relaxed and all the tension and frustration is gone. I can barely remember whatever it was that was bothering me before I smoked.

The Indica's such as Romulen are subtler but also relieve the tension.

G

goleboy

my brother suffers from PTSD and for him the best meds have been:
DJs Blueberry
DJs flo
OG
GDP
and erkle are jsut a few that he has noticed positive effects from.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Evening everyone,

glad I came across this thread. Just like someone else has already posted. There are a few Vet's here at the farm. I'll try and spread the word and have them all stop by.

The answer to the question asked. For me, i liked NYCD. i had a girl i found in F2 seeds BOG made in a private batch of seeds. Yes, BOG did do a run of F2 NYCD.

This stuff was perfect. I would smoke it about a hour before heading off to bed. It would relax me to a point of being very mellow. It would allow me to sleep without nightmares. This is a big chore for me. I've spent a total of 14 months in the middle east doing shit i wish I never did. Did a stretch in Bosnian, Snajperska aleja "Sniper Alley" and also did some time in Jungle school down in panama doing some shit. I could go on for a while.

Point being made. I did shit i thought was kewl when I was younger and didn't know at the time the effect it would cause me later on. I have nightmares, flash backs, and a temper that can get bad at times.

The best bed time smoke for me and every person might be different, NYCD. For a day time smoke. I liked Blue Satellite #2, but been smoking Casey Jones lately.

Anyone that is suffering from PTSD. You might want to watch the sativa's at night. They are good for a daytime smoke, but can cause some problems also. You've got to watch some of the sativa's, because they can cause a trigger.

I've been trying Blue Dream and it's been good to me also. Been smoking it during the day time and I'm going to try it for a night time and see how it works. For me and bed time. I need to shut down my brain. That's the biggest problem for me. My mind get's going and then the dreams come.

I'll try and post more. Don't want to hi jack the thread. which, I'm sure I just did. Sorry, lolol
Take care,
BG

B

Bliss

What a helpful thread! I work in a CA dispensary, and this will be valuable information to pass on to my patients who are vets, especially that Sativas at night can be triggering. Thank you!

4x4

4x4

As long as it's not paranoia inducing, anything I smoke recreationally works. Paranoia aggravates triggers.

Unfortunately I don't really know what I've been getting, guy says it's called "3 kings", but he might have made the name up. He's left the area now so I can't ask him anymore. Have to grow myself from now on I guess.

dabs4life

dabs4life

larry og cut is an awesome strain thats good for stress, has a large amount of terps, and i find can be smoked all day with no faults while handling slight pain. also a social smoke, you're not up or down just chill. i find no paranoia in this strain at all and i could smoke it all day till whenever with no regrets.

nightime smokes for me are of the cheese varietys but ppl with this type stuff like ptsd or anger issues have more freedom with indica dominat choices. i know i get sorta manic almost after strong sativas. and some blueberry lines come off depressed feeling.

Last edited:
M

mars

I thrive on indica narcotic stone. I have to always be calmed down. When my doc asked how much weed I smoked. His eyes got so big when I told him I would smoke a half ounce a day if I had it.
He goes yes you do need to be "m e l l o w ".
I can't take valium , 5 minutes after taking a dose I forget I took them and end up taking the months worth. Needless to say, I was a mess. Would even get violent with no memory what so ever.
Now I've stopped all my meds except blood pressure and heartburn meds. Anti depressants for the last 14 years has altered me ,and I am not sure it was for the better. People accepted me better on anti- depressants and anti -psychotics.
But it was impossible to keep them in me because of money troubles due to my screwed up personality.
Life on earth ,huh. mars

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Evening everyone,

glad I came across this thread. Just like someone else has already posted. There are a few Vet's here at the farm. I'll try and spread the word and have them all stop by.

The answer to the question asked. For me, i liked NYCD. i had a girl i found in F2 seeds BOG made in a private batch of seeds. Yes, BOG did do a run of F2 NYCD.

This stuff was perfect. I would smoke it about a hour before heading off to bed. It would relax me to a point of being very mellow. It would allow me to sleep without nightmares. This is a big chore for me. I've spent a total of 14 months in the middle east doing shit i wish I never did. Did a stretch in Bosnian, Snajperska aleja "Sniper Alley" and also did some time in Jungle school down in panama doing some shit. I could go on for a while.

Point being made. I did shit i thought was kewl when I was younger and didn't know at the time the effect it would cause me later on. I have nightmares, flash backs, and a temper that can get bad at times.

The best bed time smoke for me and every person might be different, NYCD. For a day time smoke. I liked Blue Satellite #2, but been smoking Casey Jones lately.

Anyone that is suffering from PTSD. You might want to watch the sativa's at night. They are good for a daytime smoke, but can cause some problems also. You've got to watch some of the sativa's, because they can cause a trigger.

I've been trying Blue Dream and it's been good to me also. Been smoking it during the day time and I'm going to try it for a night time and see how it works. For me and bed time. I need to shut down my brain. That's the biggest problem for me. My mind get's going and then the dreams come.

I'll try and post more. Don't want to hi jack the thread. which, I'm sure I just did. Sorry, lolol
Take care,
BG
I too suffer from ptsd , cronic pain back injury and tramatic head injury , which causes seizures. Suffered stroke . Pure medical use . Serious about it and passionate.

420circuit

420circuit

Cannabis oil has helped me with pain management, but being stoned all the time wears me down. Dealing with post surgery pain, back injuries and age related issues, asked the doc to show me what prescriptions were listed on my chart and he showed me a list of 14 drugs. He argued with me when I asked him to cancel all of them, that was over 4 years ago, mostly pain meds, but also statins and muscle relaxant. Was a good decision for me, feeling healthier now than ever, getting away from the opiates brought my ability to think back online, which led to my getting better. I am still working on cannabis oil dosage, but am convinced that growing, making and taking this oil has helped more than any other drug. This week I will make oil from an all CBD plant, similar to Charlotte's Web, The Wife, and add 325mg capsules back to my daily routine. Finding one in the morning helps, then 50mg of regular high THC after lunch, 100mg before dinner, 100-325mg after dinner depending on plans for the next morning. For PTSD I would think this might be too much, but because of overall effect, probably worth trying. After eating the oil I smoke a lot less and find a stronger effect from smoking. Driving is the single most difficult downside to heavy cannabis use, at least in my experience. If you have driven professionally, like trucking or similar, then you understand how important your clearly operating mind is to safe driving. So many people think they are great drivers, even while altered, which adds to the dangers already present. So my input is to take every measure possible to manage PTSD and or pain without opiates, but if you need some medicine, try cannabis oil, but be smart about it. Don't make it with toxic ingredients and take it sensibly. The CBD oil is calming, but doesn't kill the buzz, it just makes you feel calmer, I equate it to a muscle relaxant that makes you smile.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Hope all goes well. I too have plans to make rso and canna butter . Been experiencing spasams . I too am lookin at getting a cbd strain . Don't really leave my house. So my meds are most natural. I too gave up shit load of opiates. Doc tried to tell me I had too go on methadone Common sense won .!!!! My body my choice . Got my referral and been medical mmj care once I got my paper ☺ haven't looked back. Good luck with the dosage man

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I find just about all strains help with my ptsd.
But, some sativa dominate strains will occasionally bring on a full blown panic attack, which I sometimes ride like an acid trip.
I could not live and function without this plant.
Peace

420circuit

420circuit

My go to strains are Harlequin, Goji OG, Good Medicine and recently started growing Blueberry again along with the all CBD plants. Germinated a few new ones, Ambulance, Triple Deez, Silver Bubster and GDP, just wish I had more room to grow. If your PTSD is not responding well to other treatments, check out cannabis edibles, the effect lasts a long time and with the right strains, indicas, you can sleep well.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

My go to strains are Harlequin, Goji OG, Good Medicine and recently started growing Blueberry again along with the all CBD plants. Germinated a few new ones, Ambulance, Triple Deez, Silver Bubster and GDP, just wish I had more room to grow. If your PTSD is not responding well to other treatments, check out cannabis edibles, the effect lasts a long time and with the right strains, indicas, you can sleep well.
Im doing was getting some blue strains from my friend. Bb-o.g . Blue dream. Got lots of seeds just don't know what strains I germinate . Kinda like a kinder egg each growlol Got some of the best strains that I liked seeded them and keep lots of notes . Have seziures so per id's when I go without means somthing. The body always knows, ? Lol But on serious note been talking to the wife and am gonna put our the money for certain strains single seed company. ? Ever deal with them? Lookin for company that will do like 2 of each strain. Know any reputable. ? Never ordered before . Great menu u got .before after!
If I could I'd gift u some spacelmafo

420circuit

420circuit

Haven't tried Single Seeds, but if you order non-fem seeds you may want to get 4-5 to improve chances of a female. Meeting some local growers and swapping genetics is probably the best way to know what you are getting as far a good plants, short of that ordering seeds that are tested and stable from a reputable place with guaranteed shipping. I had some shipments from attitude get thru, but another was taken by customs, so I am not going to order international anymore. Besides, the best seed breeders are here in the US, in addition to the fine vendors here there are Bodhi and 303 Seeds along with many others.

I had excellent results with Blue OG, thought it was from Reserva Privada, but might be from G13.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Gon try it out . Got great selection and love my garden so I'm gonna clone my seedlings this round and it is more a fine motorskills in one arm are gone and the arm it next to useless , trying to do some things that take care are hard . But won't let that stop me. ☺
Keep green keep healthy ☺

Billygoat

Billygoat

Update from my 2010 post. I've been growing Jahgoo for a couple of years now and it's my main strain for PTSD. It's the best I've came across for my body and health. Have a local friend that was in the 82nd Airborne and seen allot of shit and has strong PTSD. He also loves this strain and works wonders for him.

I've got a harvest coming up and will be running a sample to a local lab to get tested. I will post the test results. Love the taste, smell, and the results it gives me with sleeping and keeping me calm and on the calm path of life.

Take care,
BG

Top Bottom