Good Tote!!!

• Thread starter Whitejak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Whitejak

I have built a few different set ups and each time I run into the same problem with the Tote. Unless I seal the edges with caulk they leak. This makes it difficult in so many ways. I.E. pump positioning, air stone positioning, etc etc etc.... Does anyone know where I can get a Tote that seals good enough that it won't leak?

Bombnes

Bombnes

I go to Target or a hardware store and find the beefiest tote in the right size....are you recirculating?
What kind of system you running? As you can see on the first pic the control bucket is bulging because of the amount of water(target tote)....second pic is my stretcher bucket, rock solid, never had a leak and I am still using it today(Home Depot)
20140822 201921
FullSizeRender

W

Whitejak

Thank you for responding. Love your set ups. I have a 600gph pump and made my own sprinkler head out of pvc and 3 360deg threaded sprinkler heads in a 30 gal tote. If I don't seal the sides with silicone then water leaks everywhere. Problem is once I seal it I don't have much ability to move the air stones, water pump around. Also makes it quite difficult to check my PPM and PH levels. My idea to fix that is to make a sort of footprint for everything using PVC since it is do cheap. I have also been throwing around the idea of using a control bucket but I'm limited on space 8 x 4 footprint. Trying to be able to make the best use of it and not have any wasted space.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Ya gonna need a tougher tote. Go to home depot or lowes sometimes Walmart will have them get the thickest strongest locking tote you can.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I just sent thru this myself. Bought the Bug beefy ones. All leaked.
Only one I found that does not leak is Ziploc new storage bins. There water tight. Have a gasket to seal the top.
Problem is they're clear. I used Plasti Dip and painted the container black.
Zero leaks. Light or water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom