Goodbye Dutch Tourism - You cut your own throat!!!

• Thread starter Freak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Netherlands: Dutch Government Moving Forward With Plans To Bar Foreigners Access To Cannabis 'Coffee Shops'
Share This Article

The Hague, Netherlands: Dutch lawmakers are moving forward with plans to prohibit foreign travelers from patronizing 'coffee shops' that openly sell small quantities of marijuana.

"The Cabinet expects that closure of coffee shops to foreign drug tourists will ensure that they no longer travel to the Netherlands to purchase and [consume] cannabis," government officials announced last week. Dutch residents will still be permitted to frequent the establishments, which will function as private clubs rather than facilities that are open to the general public.

The new policy "will roll out in the southern provinces of Limburg, Noord Brabant and Zeeland by the end of the year and the rest of the country next year," Reuters News Wire reported.

Last year the European Court of Justice, Europe's highest court, ruled that the Dutch Cabinet is within its legal rights to impose such a ban on so-called 'drug tourism.'

The proposed change has been called 'tourism suicide' by members of Parliament who oppose the ban.

For more information, please contact Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found this very informative this evening.
Peace
Freak - CFSB :harvest:

K

kripplecreek

I barely got into the legal scene and wanted to travel and shit..I didnt even know that was going on thanks for the info

I hope this doesnt start...catching? Or maybe the cards from the USA etc will work in foreign countries. It could happen :P

darkmatter

darkmatter

im closer to hand cuffs than any groovy spot so i cant feel none of it.really weed isnt important(very fucking helpfull) and neither is prostitution(to each his or her own) and that probably has fucked them in many ways country wise .vactioning specifically for weed anywhere is something i wont be doing, im not paying for weed and the only times i do, im interested in getting some seeds,even though there likely shit.they do have the pavers of all this that is weed so props for that.spain could take the reigns.mexico if wanna die for your weed.canada probably cant.usa yea right.maybe dubi could make some of them sand islands and have weed island, coke island, liquior island, pussy island.wont miss me cause i never was and never will be their.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
fucking silly dutch gov..... gradually closing the red light district and now the coffeeshops...but no problem all the tourists will still travel for the museums HAHA they have just lost billions of euros from there economy..

Come on spain now is your time to start opening beach side coffeeshops :)

darkmatter

darkmatter

some weed boats could work like how the gambling ones do.you could film some brave soles out in the burmuda triangle call it the deadliest buzz, make some loot .i wouldnt care if the indian tribes were able to hold it down either.these places should exist grower owned sort of places, by who evers puttin in work wherever that maybe. las vegas could shut shit down if they had the weed spot on the tourism tip. for sure places people would wont to go to anyway like spain.you know theres a fight brewing, just dont forget theres a song about it.

P

Paul Nepal

just cant believe they would do that, horrible for their economy, all the coffeeshops and related businesses must be pissed

deacon1503

deacon1503

Great...I was planning on hitting the cannabis cup over there this year.

Illmind

Illmind

wow, thats economic suicide. what's their logic behind this? they trying to reshape their image?

K

Karma Genetics

not going to happen, everybody is welcome, They just trying to scare you away ha ha ha.

Top Bottom