Google Earth High Res. Sat Imaging

• Thread starter SoCal 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

High res. military grade photography from orbit of items dowm to 7" in height with "Geo Tag Capability" anywhere on the globe coming to "You" soon. :eek: Fox News Today...
Makes you go Hmmmmm...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I don't like eyes in the sky. Gives people a easy way to plan a robbery on a outdoor spot.
Also lets outdoor growers see where they are vulnerable for someone to come through. Also can be used to plan a defense against jackers.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

With camera resolution like that it is not much of A leap to tie that in to facial recognition.
There are live cams everywhere, people just don't realize how much "they" are already watched.
There are no laws that regulate how A pivate party (Google) use Sat imaging as of yet...
That level of technology could not be predicted and therefore is completely unregulated.
These cameras are capeable of snapping A shot of little kitty cat burring A turd in your back yard with extreme detail...

neverbreak

neverbreak

disturbing shit for sure. surveillance is getting better and better...

neverbreak

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Decline of Western Civilation... Google spies on you then Obama puts you on his shit list and blows your ass up with A drone... I'm exaggerating of course, but what next... Geeezzze
It's A privacy thing, can't wait to see how this pans out. Just thought I'd throw it out there!

K

kolah

I am glad we have our loyal & trusting government keeping us all safe from the boogeyman and terrorists. I mean what do I care if people can zoom in and see me and my stuff? and my garden and my girlfriend sunbathing topless, and how many weapons I have in my house,.. I have nothing to hide. I love my government and all they do for me. Now if we can just everyone to drive cars with tracking devices on them we'd be even safer. I think we should all wear tracking bracelets too....in case we get lost or sumpin.'
Designer tracking collars could be very trendy too.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Funny you should mention that kolah ^^^^ Obama, our beloved and most briliant and all knowing fearless leader, The Architect of the most popular slogans, "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can" has proposed A mileage tax to generate "Revenue" that would require all vehicles to have A small device installed that would track "miles driven" after which A "Small" fee would be collected automaticly when you "Pay" @ the pump... I'm sure that same device would tell him where you have been and where you are going... In case you loose your way.
Ask and thou shall recieve...
P.S. Make sure to send A humble offering from your garden to remain on his (Obama's) good side... Hate to see him get miffed after viewing the "fruits of labor"
He might lock in on your GPS location and blow your ass up with A drone... (Heaven Forbid) He gets A little Bitchy that way sometimes... In case you didn't notice he is slightly narcissistic.

D-Bud

D-Bud

Remember when we used to watch the old cheap budget Sci-Fi movies .. seems like many of the things hollywood scared us with are coming true.. Kinda scares the crap out of ya when you recall some of them huh? Like the one with the lottery for controlling over population.. Logans Run or one like that... hehe.. just remember, when you look up now, have your sun glasses on..and I don't mean for the suns rays.. lol.

sky high

sky high

Do any of you older folks (LOL) remember the book "Future Shock" from the late 60's/early 70's?

It would be interesting to go back and read it again in...what is now..."the future"....

s h

D-Bud

D-Bud

Exactly huh? I see so much in books and movies coming true.. like girls getting a tatoo when I was a kid in the 70's was unheard of.. man how times are changing and lately, scary fast in technology.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

its not from orbit, google wont release info on what type of planes theyre using(reaper drones) but the image is taken from 10000'.

and Kolah, we already have super fancy trendy tracking devices. they have cool names like iphone and android, they have audio and video recording devices that its already been shown can be hacked and activated remotely. just last night some dumbass was on the news for planting drugs in a teachers car. they got him 5 different ways, but one was his cell was pinged driving by and stopping at the teachers house @ 4am the morning he called the police with an annonomous tip... DUMBASS!!!

lmfao, cause this is tech that the gov has been using for 10 years, now that google and apple have their own drones(or that we know about em...) its a big deal? it was scarry along time ago, now its just normal...

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Hey Dz, what up... Here is the old version satellite specs...
GeoEye-1 will be able to capture images at .41 meters (16 inches) resolution in black and white and 1.65 meters (5.5 feet) in color, but under current government rules, the company can only offer the public half-meter (1.64 feet) images.
The satellite will take digital images of the Earth from 423 miles and moving at a speed of about 4 1/2 miles per second...
Here is the link to the Next Gen. model they are preping for launch... http://launch.geoeye.com/LaunchSite/

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

This bird’s-eye view of Kutztown University in Pennsylvania was the first image ever seen by the GeoEye-1, the world’s highest-resolution commercial satellite sponsored by Google, when it opened its camera door earlier this week.
The 4,300-pound satellite collected the image at noon EDT on Oct. 7 2008 while moving from the north pole to the south pole in a 423-mile-high orbit at 17,000 miles per hour, or 4.5 miles per second. The spacecraft can take photos at a resolution of up to 41 cm
– close enough to zoom in on the home plate of a baseball diamond, according to Mark Brender, GeoEye’s vice president of communications and marketing.

This Sat was launched 4 years ago and it is already old Technology... I'll repeat that...
Only been flying for 4 years... The future is so brite I gotta wear shades :cool:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am glad we have our loyal & trusting government keeping us all safe from the boogeyman and terrorists. I mean what do I care if people can zoom in and see me and my stuff? and my garden and my girlfriend sunbathing topless, and how many weapons I have in my house,.. I have nothing to hide. I love my government and all they do for me. Now if we can just everyone to drive cars with tracking devices on them we'd be even safer. I think we should all wear tracking bracelets too....in case we get lost or sumpin.'
Designer tracking collars could be very trendy too.

I like the sarcasm :)

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Agreed... This is main reason that I posted this in Marijuana Cultivation. I find it very troubling that A private business (Google) could be crusing A sat 423 miles up doing google earth and mapping the globe or whatever and for the sake of conversation, lets say, capture A high Res. image of A large outdoor grow in say Nor Cal or where ever and because someones holier than tho outlook, drop the photo and gps location on say, DOJ's door step...
You Follow my drift?
Do people realize that Google Earth maps the entire planet block by block at that resolution and have those images at their disposal? I find that more than A little problematic...

K

kolah

SoCal420 and a few others who see the big picture and acknowledge it's existence,

It is my strong opinion that the majority of people just don't care. Bread, wine and entertainment for the modern day Romans (aka Joe Six-pack) keeps them compliant and ignorant. They don't care that we are slowly being stripped of are privacy rights nor do they care that we are under surveilence 24/7. To those folks we are nothing but whiny, conspiracy nut-jobs, anti-american and paranoid. The average sheeple love GPS features and Google-earth and they figure there is no harm done by intrusive spying because they are not doing anything wrong. At least that's what they think... but they can't seem to grasp the fact that EVERYONE is being thrown into a criminal category. (i.e, selling veggies to your neighbor, possessing books regarding Constitution issues, sporting bumper stickers for freedom guys like Ron Paul, selling raw milk, having lemonade stands run by kids, collecting rainwater, attending peace rallies, organic farming, color of skin, sexual preference, etc, etc)

I always go back to Nazi Germany and how that all began. I wondered why the Jews didn't just pack up and leave when the shit was getting deep. But, by the time they finally realized it, it was too damn late. Today things are now on a global level (gotta love the UN and CFR). Watch the UK and Australia as they always seem to be the prototype models...and check out what is going on in India. What they want is for all of us to be chipped, have a cashless society and be under surveilence 24/7. Slavery without the chains.

I love many of the futuristic sci-fi fiction movies. The only troubling thing is that most of it is not fiction at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom