Gorilla Bomb Grow Dwc

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Starting a new journal on these.They were cheap so i said WTH and got em to see if any would be worth anything.got a 5 pack so i sprouted a critical+ to have an extra for the 6 bucket system i have.Never know.I put them in rockwool 3 days ago and they are mostly all up.Im gonna put them in a tote tonight and throw a good light over them.Ill put up some pics when i get them settled.Not a whole lot of info on em out there so some may find this grow usefull.
Going in DWC recirculating.

H

heisen

So here they are.5 gorilla bombs and 1 critical.
Got them.at 400ppm and 400w hid right now.as soon as I see roots out the baskets there going in the express lane.this one will be interesting for sure.I'm saying day 3 cause they were still shedding helmets 3 days ago.
20170402 000606

H

heisen

Not to bad.leaves are more skinny than the usual indica but whatever.they seem to be getting along better with the buckets there in so I'll run em fukit.the one on back right doesn't have roots coming from the cube yet so there's something going on.I pulled it up and reset it.well see how it does in the next couple days.
20170406 001146

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not to bad.leaves are more skinny than the usual indica but whatever.they seem to be getting along better with the buckets there in so I'll run em fukit.the one on back right doesn't have roots coming from the cube yet so there's something going on.I pulled it up and reset it.well see how it does in the next couple days.
View attachment 688023
looks good brother... give that other one a little time

H

heisen

finally got all the BS sorted out.moved these in the buckets a couple days ago and set the ppm to 420.1ML of rapidstart,grow,and floralicious plus,3ML calimagic all per gallon.i think the PPM is slightly elevated.leaves look a little skinny and slight tip yellowing so im gonna drop it tonight.Ill take out 10 gallons and put 10 fresh RO water in and than add the calmag back and PH.i think they need to be around 300 for now and they will do good,
20170411 1134211

H

heisen

14 days from sprouts
Looks like i have all the issues worked out and they should do good through the rest of veg.a few valuable lessons learned here.Always make sure your airstones are pumping out plenty of air.i lift the nets and check them daily now till i can gain some trust with them.
Always clean the shit out of the system between grows.Bleach down everything and soak the stones in bleach and clean them with a wire brush.
And there is definitly a sweet spot for how deep you put the rockwool.I got this shit dialed in now.
One of my plants was turning very yellow a few days ago but otherwise looked pretty healthy.no burnt tips or clawing.The PPM was already up so i figured a magnesium issue or nitrogen but i felt like there was plenty of N already.I added 15ML of calimagic to the mix and it cleared up real nice in 3 days.Its good when you can figure out a plants problem and correct it and actually watch the plant get better.Thats what makes this fun.The one plant was being retarded finally exploded with roots and seems to be coming around.its the runt in the bottom left corner.so i have 5 gorilla bombs and 1 royal seeds critical+ going so well see how it goes
Oh and i emptied 10 gallons out and put 10 RO water back in.Added 20ML of calimagic to relace the calmag i took out but didnt add anything else.dropped PPM to 380 as i said earlier i felt it was slightly hig for the age of the plants.I will go back up when they are ready.the pic makes them look yellow but its the HID light.they are actually a perfect shade of green.
here is a pic before i moved them into the buckets.They are this shade of green so im happy with that.As you can see the center back had yellowing.It was worse before i added the calmag.this was 24 hrs after i added it.

20170410 154259

20170413 003328

Last edited:
H

heisen

15 days and these things are rolling.Got them dialed in for sure so here on out will be easy.Filled up 15 gallons in the res and added everything in.ill be topping them in a week.
20170413 235901

H

heisen

17 days
These things love to grow.#9 is a little more leggy than the rest so im hoping its leaning more to the sativa.Interested to see what turns up here.PPM around 380 PH at 5.6 to 5.9.there drinking about a half gallon a day

20170415 224735

20170415 225232

H

heisen

3 month veg.is that a 6 or 4 inch net?somethings missing cause in 2 more weeks my plants will be taking up an entire 4x5 screen.5 weeks max on veg than I flip.they will be almost triple there size in a week.once the roots are out like they are now.

H

heisen

have had nothing but bad luck the past 2 grows.I accidentally kicked the shutoff valve that drains the system on the way out before i went out of town for 2 days.Buckets emptied and roots dried out beyond repair.
plants looked like shit when i got back.cut clones and trashed the rest to start over.pretty disgusted at this point.

H

heisen

still waiting on roots.I can see a few nubs heare and there but nothing yet.Im hoping the next coupe days ill start to see some.All i need is 6 plants out of these to grow roots.

20170425 213515

H

heisen

Im back in action on this grow so will oficially count this day as day 1 lol
Looks like i got 3 phenos to root out of 5.the 4th and 5th plant was still to young so it didnt take.I have one clone left of the 5th plant that might take still so well see.I had some busted ass black russian freebies and a dinafem critical so i sprouted them just in case i needed to fill the 6 basket tote if the clones didnt make it.If i would have started them all in rockwool i probably would have had all 5 phenos but i used an aero that sucked ass so im getting rid of it.in all reality i would have been better off just trashing all of them and starting 5 new seeds but whats the point in all of this if we cant learn from it.Im pretty new to DWC but not new to growing by long shot.
Anyway here they are.I need at least 1 more seed to sprout and this grow will be back on track.all the clones in the tote now have decent roots
20170502 234257

P

Pyrosis

IMG 3331
IMG 3330
Looking good excited to see what u get out of gorilla bomb. Just cut my last two yestoday.. deff not last time ive grown it.

H

heisen

moved them to the big buckets.there back on track again and got a second chance at life after the screw up on the water valve.there growing pretty fast.1 of the phenos is trying to lean a little not sure whats up with that,Dont matter cause its getting weaved into a net.the could be clone didnt make it so fuck it.They was just to young to root.the ones that did was my favorites anyway.One has purple stems and its got skinnier leaves instead of fat.im gonna run them anyway and see what happens.Hopefully no more bad luck with dumb shit.
20170507 014510

H

heisen

Ill say its around day 10 since i put them in the big buckets after they started to root.
I got the screen up yesterday and have not decided at what point i want to top them.they seem to be growing fast.I have 1 pheno that is the fastest grower and i really like the structure of the plant.I hope she flowers good.
All nute strengths are about half strength.I dont even look at the gen hydro charts anymore.Im pretty confident in what they are liking and from past experiences with my system i know what makes em thrive.
Hopefully 2 more weeks they will be starting to fill in the screen.
20170510 153443

Top Bottom