Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing

• Thread starter Bobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobble

Bobble

My plant has been flowering awhile now and look healthy besides the issue of yellow. She's in a approximate 8-10 gallon pot. I water every day with 1/2 teaspoon of this fertilizer to a gallon of water. She's very thirsty every day or at least that's what the soil is telling me. Any suggestions?

Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing
Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing 2
Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing 3
Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing 4
Gorilla glue fan leaves yellowing 5
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you have any other nutrients?
looks a bit overwatered here and there, not bad, needs/needed bit more nitrogen, probably root bound.

Bobble

Bobble

I need to finish it in this pot though it's just too big to repot right now during flowering I think. It's nice green and healthy up top without make a difference with the nitrogen

Bobble

Bobble

Definitely feels Ruby because when I put my fingers into the pot it's hard to get in there and it's definitely root bound I know but I think it's just too big to do right now correct?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Sure pot might be a little root bound but no where near as bad as I have seen. I wouldn't be all that concerned about repotting your plant once you hit flower there is no point in repotting it will only do more damage than good. Once the plant transitions out of its vegetative stage and goes into full flower the plant stops growing in height. Of course this is after the last stretch period. The plant isn't focused on making roots anymore its reverted all energy to flowers now.

The yellowing is common and a natural process that the plants do on their own. Usually it stems from low Nitrate. Once the plant starts making flowers if the roots cant suck up enough nutrients the plant will start to drop its water leaves in order to concentrate the remaining nutrients into the flowers. I wouldn't stress if I were you no biggie man. You should be lolli-popping and stripping all those lower leaves anyways best to do a heavy defoliation strip right when you are starting to transition to flower. If I were in your position I would do two things to put your girl on track.

1) Try upping your bloom feed a bit more. Add Cal-Mag as well very important. All the leaves in general seem pale in color even the ones that aren't the lightest in color are still pale looking in my opinion. This problem becomes compounded when you are root bound. Giant plants in small pots need even more nutrients since their roots are being limited you gotta feed a little more to compensate.

2) I know it will feel like an absolute crime doing this but trust me. Strip absolutely every leaf and small side shoot branch off from the red line down. See pic below. She is probably still stretching a little so you will get a few more inches on the top, the lower stuff is always swag anyways so strip it off, the plant needs to focus energy on the top colas thats what you want...

Screen Shot 2021 08 14 at 75859 AM

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I am just about to flip this big Fire OG plant on my patio and just yesterday I did the full lolli-pop strip on the lowers. Dont be afraid to get aggressive the plants can take it. Since im just starting flower I know I will get at least another foot vertical growth on the top so I will bring the lolli-pop up pretty far. like this...

IMG 3541

Madbud

Madbud

Ok cool thanks for the input
Hes in a bag, you’re in a pot. Huge difference in root structure. Your rootball is shutting down and shes feeding off those leaves now, its a race to the finish and theres no nute that will fix it. Just pick off the leaves as they die to prevent bugs and disease.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

1) Try upping your bloom feed a bit more. Add Cal-Mag as well very important. All the leaves in general seem pale in color even the ones that aren't the lightest in color are still pale looking in my opinion. This problem becomes compounded when you are root bound. Giant plants in small pots need even more nutrients since their roots are being limited you gotta feed a little more to compensate.

2) I know it will feel like an absolute crime doing this but trust me. Strip absolutely every leaf and small side shoot branch off from the red line down. See pic below. She is probably still stretching a little so you will get a few more inches on the top, the lower stuff is always swag anyways so strip it off, the plant needs to focus energy on the top colas thats what you want...
pH first, then this ^^. Then, raise the pot off the ground. It needs to drain better. Half an inch is enough. You need airflow under it so it can drain properly, especially if its rootbound.

Bobble

Bobble

Hes in a bag, you’re in a pot. Huge difference in root structure. Your rootball is shutting down and shes feeding off those leaves now, its a race to the finish and theres no nute that will fix it. Just pick off the leaves as they die to prevent bugs and disease.
👍

Madbud

Madbud

Another root problem is heat stress, heres some temp readings on a sunny, 90° new england day, 4th in a row. Root temps below ground would be cloe to 70.
5B2AE2C9 FD4C 4E1C B8F1 51142CADEFDF
35E19B46 FA3C 4E69 8F7A CAD2E7CEB23A
30A09A68 3F44 4213 A658 344589903E2C
A873D0C1 F187 4BC3 AB6F AF1BD4D62703
79059061 9D33 4773 99C7 E4F799A1E563

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Trimmed it a little bit what do you think
That's better. You should read this, it shows why to water and the problems.

Top Bottom