Gorilla Tent came with light leak

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Think I’ll be calling Gorilla tent customer service tomorrow. I’m not living with this light leak. Looks like they went to sew a Velcro tab in and missed. I didn’t see it when I set up, but it popped right out when I turned the light on for the first time. Anyone dealt with their customer service before?

Gorilla tent came with light leak
Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
oh damn... haven't dealt with their customer service but i would definitely be calling/emailing them about that. with the price tag they put on their gear, i would expect better QC. worst case, get some black RTV, it'll seal those holes right up.

freezeland2

freezeland2

oh damn... haven't dealt with their customer service but i would definitely be calling/emailing them about that. with the price tag they put on their gear, i would expect better QC. worst case, get some black RTV, it'll seal those holes right up.
I think they may have Mylar that could be put on the inside……but yes ain’t that a big QA oversight. Pissed me off.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Tell them you are on THC and no one has ever come across of this. Im sure they will send you another one.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Sucks but see if they'll refund a little cash. It'd really annoy me for about a day. Then you can put your refund to the next grow item.

The velcro starts wearing out eventually anyway.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They will send you a new one once you send that back. Or... just use some duct tape. Save you 2 weeks and get to flowering
I have a regular grow room that I’ll be flipping to flower soon. Just planning to use this 3x3 in the future to keep a mother and few clones. I can wait for them to replace if that’s how they want to handle it. I have a current order with them for their high cfm frame poles. I am going to suggest they throw a new cover in with that order and include a prepaid label so I can send this one back.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It sucks and it shouldn't be however I agree what others say. Why go through the headache of customer service when a tiny piece of gaffers tape will fix it in an instant?
I’m ok with a tape job. But they should know they need to tighten quality control. That’s something that really shouldn’t be there and shouldn’t have gone out the door. I’ll see what they want to do or suggest what I do. I mean the unused vents are not 100% light proof nor can they be. You could never cinch them down enough to be. I can live with that and have no gripes about it. The stitching error though is just something that didn’t sit well with me and I’ll let them know that.

Top Bottom