Got a few questions

• Thread starter Damu420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Damu420

So basically this is how it stand a I got super lemon haze and Jack 47 seeds germinating my grow light is a new wave 28 t5 high output fluro fixture has about 17,000 lumens I got fox farm ocean forest soil and fox farms grow big and big bloom was wonder if I should get anything ealse and how many plants could I possibly grow with one of these light fixtures

S

Steve Z

you could VEG probably 2-8 plants under that light.

flower 1, maybe. i wouldnt even do that, financially it'd be cheaper to just go buy the 8th and save 4 months.

get a HPS, or you could do a BIGGER flouro or something and get a SCROG/SOG going on....

your going to want a PH meter, (7 bucks gets you the vial and bottle)

odor control is a MUST. better safe than sorry always.

temperature control, at least a thermostat so you know what the temp/humidity is.

cal-mg supplement def wouldnt hurt

good luck

D

Damu420

This light is very nice guy said it would cost about 8 dollars a month to run it has 8 2 foot long t5 ho and it fills my whole closet with light I do got a 400 watt mh and ballast but it's more expensive to run and I could buy the flowering lights for this fixture also so i got the veggin and flowering goin on or do multiple spectrum what you think about that

S

Steve Z

you get back what you put into it. thats a 2x2' t5. it vegs great and you'll see that. but i promise if you do that light the whole way through you'll be wishin you did it different.

dont take my word for it, if thats what you want then do it. but you get what you put in. my very first grow was under one of those, had 1 plant that was bomb. it stretched gnarly though started at 12" ended at like 40. under a single 2' t5. ended up with like 21 grams of super super airy nug. was bomb, but once you hps you never go back.

there is virtually zero penetration with those lights. it will be hitting the tops of the plants, and thats it.

it can def be done. extremely easily. but im just saying when i started i had visions of #'s and all i had was a dinky t5. thinking back now i laugh so hard at what i used to think would work, haha.

D

Damu420

Hey thank you Steve all your information is helpful and if anyone one ealse has something to say I'm all ears I need all the info I can get I'm just thinking what I can get away with I'm only grow one Jack 47 And one super lemon haze plant at a time so that on 2 plants should be hard to get them proper lighting also is there a cheaper way to run hps? Otherwise I would my mh 400 watt would be a extra 80 dollars a month to run 18 hours a day when 2x2 would onlybe like 8 and I would possibly get the same effects but so great veggie right ?

S

Steve Z

power isnt really all that much in the scheme of things man.

you could run that t5 you have all the way until you flip to 12/12, then the hps would only be on 12 hours a day (so technically its the same power a 400 watt 12 hours vs a 200 watt 24 hours)

i have a 600 hps and a 6 bulb 4' t5 veg, with a 2' 6 bulb clone seed spot.
with all the fixins, its under 50 a month

edit - sorry to keep adding haha, you just sound exactly like i did a couple years ago, thought i'd just give ya a boost :-)
:harvest:

D

Damu420

Why does the water just go right thru the fox farm ocean forest soil I don't get it it stays dry kinda like it won't soak up the water

S

Steve Z

you dont want it to feel like mud dude you want it wet.

and obviously you havent done gardening LOL. you gotta let it settle, the first couple times watering it will just sift through until its all established.

D

Damu420

I know not like mud but it's staying dry and and I put the seedlings In the soil already so need to keepm it moist

Top Bottom