Got a sick plant, can't figure out the problem

• Thread starter Karalym
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Karalym

Hi there!
First time grower, also will post in the introducing self thread right after this :D
I first thought that it was a nitrogen deficiency, but after I added some nitrogen-rich fertilizer, it got worse. I'm wondering if it's a deficiency, too much nutrients, or if it's root rot, and none of the pictures that I've found on google thus far are similar. Any ideas?

Got a sick plant cant figure out the problem
Got a sick plant cant figure out the problem 2
Got a sick plant cant figure out the problem 3
K

Karalym

Not root rot, yet. Your soil is saturated, wait a week.
Thank goodness! I was definitely planning on waiting on watering until the soil was dry, but is there anything else I should do in the meantime?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

You could give it some foliar feedings until you get the soil sorted out.
And don’t water again until the pot is super light.

Madbud

Madbud

Gotcha, much thanks!
Since you are new, get one of these simple meters. Drill a hole low in the pot to get a reading and don’t waste money on the 3-way meters.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
sure looks like you’ve been spaying something on the leaves as I can see residue on the leaves.

With how they look personally I wouldn’t feed them yet or you risk burning the plant it’s to early for it still your grow your choice esp as you’ve two contradictory posts one saying foiler feed them and me saying don’t yet.

If you see sings of a deficiency yeah go ahead just not seeing one myself and I get why it might be advisable just not yet imo either way good luck 🙂

Like you’ve been told when you transplant add some perlite to allow the roots to breath.

Last edited:
K

Karalym

sure looks like you’ve been spaying something on the leaves as I can see residue on the leaves.

With how they look personally I wouldn’t feed them yet or you risk burning the plant it’s to early for it still your grow your choice esp as you’ve two contradictory posts one saying foiler feed them and me saying don’t yet.

If you see sings of a deficiency yeah go ahead just not seeing one myself and I get why it might be advisable just not yet imo either way good luck 🙂

Like you’ve been told when you transplant add some perlite to allow the roots to breath.
The oddest thing about that though is I haven't been spraying anything on it, and I'm trying to figure out what it might be from

Top Bottom