Got an idea from skunkPharm.. Wonder if this will work?

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
http://ecogreenindustries.net/?post_type=product

The R600 Tank is 99.9% N-butane 30lb or 50lb your choice.. Id go with 30 since i don't blast pounds of shit at a time..

And the Lighter refill adapter cause i do refill my lighters.. BUT .. More importantly.. Would this work with your standard open blasting tube?

It says it has a pressure sensitive nozzle so that leads me to believe yes.. but..

If this would work im all over this.. Im tired of buying 96 Cans at a time then trying to dispose of the waste not to mention 200$ for 96 Cans.. When i get way less then 14lb's of fuel ( the tank and fuel total weight is 30lbs Fuel is 14lbs )

So economically speaking The tank w/ im sure the option to refill @ Airgas would be far cheaper then buying more cans on ebay in the future..

Thoughts?

Props ALL go to @Greywolf for posting this on skunkpharm :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well after further research last night ATM the hoses they sell with the refill kit will leach god knows what into your butane YAK! They claim there upgrading the hoses but even so.. Its chinese gas.. the same shit you get in a can more less.. Theres PPM charts for this shit as well its not any more clean then 1/2 a dozen canned brands ive looked at..

Also the issue rose.. Airgas it seems can be real dicks about shit so trying to refill one of these there for most of us will prove to be a challenge..

Sure you could just buy another tank but what do you do with the old one? Or if you do refill what about moister/rust/ect inside the tank.. it will collect and accumulate..

For an open system that i use this is not a fit.. Canned butane for all its faults sadly is the better deal.

Also the math comes out to something like 4.XX$ per 300ml . I pay around 1.50 for 300ml... Price is not worth it..

Im skipping over this idea.. sadly.

Myco

Myco

It's a disposable cylinder my friend... Refrigerant is sold in disposable cylinders with one-way check valves, as to not be refilled.

This also caught my eye when I first saw it, but then just like you when I did the math, I realize buying 'master cases' is still much cheaper.

Since I'm an HVAC professional allows me to buy refrigerants from wholesale outlets, so out of curiosity I'm going to see what kind of prices I can obtain R-600... but even at wholesale prices, I suspect it will still be cheaper with the ol' master case. Being an open blaster myself, I've never really bothered to look into buying bulk R-600. But man would it be nice to blast from a single cylinder! I hate disposing of so many cans...

Although on the issue of purity, I think after SkyHighLer did his test without leeching materials from the hose, I think I recall it coming out to be basically as low in impurities as the higher quality canned-brands... but he noticed a very foul stench coming from what residue he did collect.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Yeah, and I just posted the GCMS test results on the R600 and 290 from Ecogreen and it is about as clean as lighter sources, so we advise vacuum distilling it once before use.

Nothing in it at levels of health concern, but they won't add to the taste or smell of your extract if left in.

Top Bottom