• Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Got clones from a friend contorted stems and is this wpm please help

Got clones from a friend contorted stems and is this wpm please help 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think the plant is just growing funky from rough handling or a semi-botched pinching/topping attempt. The leaf damage doesn't look like WPM to me, although I'm not an expert by any means. Hpw old is the plant?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I think the plant is just growing funky from rough handling or a semi-botched pinching/topping attempt. The leaf damage doesn't look like WPM to me, although I'm not an expert by any means. Hpw old is the plant?

im unsure i really dont have alot of info from them, was curious if that little speckling of white being all over the plant could be WPM in an early stage

how do i go about fixing this mess? is it possible it will straighten out? the stem isnt straight.

mancorn

mancorn

Inspect the underside of the leaves. This looks more like a pest problem due to the wrinkled leaves, which can happen when critters pierce the leave. WPM won't rub off and is more web like if looked at with a loupe, so give it a gentle dusty and see if the white will come off.

Edit: looking at your recent pic, it looks like damping off disease, which is a soil fungas. (Tons of info online about DoD.) Also if the clone was keep too moist while rooting, the tips can brown out like in your pic.

Last edited:
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

it doesnt r
Inspect the underside of the leaves. This looks more like a pest problem due to the wrinkled leaves, which can happen when critters pierce the leave. WPM won't rub off and is more web like if looked at with a loupe, so give it a gentle dusty and see if the white will come off.

Edit: looking at your recent pic, it looks like damping off disease, which is a soil fungas. (Tons of info online about DoD.) Also if the clone was keep too moist while rooting, the tips can brown out like in your pic.

the white stuff doesnt rub off, definitely thinks these are diseased

mancorn

mancorn

the white stuff doesnt rub off, definitely thinks these are diseased

Depending on your circumstances I would either throw out, or if all you got, trim off any of the dead rotten stuff, and any part of the leaves that have the WP. Then give the plant a spray down with an organic fungicide, like neem, copper, or salts of phosphorus acid (Plant Doctor is one name brand). If you're in a shelter-in-place and can't get ahold of a fungicide you can make a spray with baking powder and cooking oil. (Web search the formula and don't do in the light.)

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

i think these plants are gonna get the axe sadly, dont want to contaminate my grow

Dan789

Dan789

Go with seeds, you sprout, get through seedling stage, all your own...leave the clones for others. Priceless. Takes a few more weeks, but there’s your present situation you won’t have to deal with. Imho

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Good choice!

I think that it has the beginning of PM, it was sitting in my tent for 2-3 hours under the light before i got a chance to take a closer look at them, there was no airflow in there besides from the LED light fan, do you think that it could have spread into my tent? there weren't any other plants in there and it was just to two in the 5x5. just worried that it would spread at any cost. There were two pots of soil in the tent with them also that they were right next to. Im just getting paranoid now but i hate this shit. They are currently in the furnace warming my house

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think that it has the beginning of PM, it was sitting in my tent for 2-3 hours under the light before i got a chance to take a closer look at them, there was no airflow in there besides from the LED light fan, do you think that it could have spread into my tent? there weren't any other plants in there and it was just to two in the 5x5. just worried that it would spread at any cost. There were two pots of soil in the tent with them also that they were right next to. Im just getting paranoid now but i hate this shit. They are currently in the furnace warming my house

When you can see the white fuzz from PM what you are actually looking at is the Hyphae and conidia (spores), so it's possible for it to have spread and survive on surfaces. If I were you I'd wash any plants, walls and surfaces down with a wettable powdered sulphur wash.

Top Bottom