Got new light now its having problems

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beanz240

I had got a new 1000w hps brand new and tonight it went off.....came on for oh a minute.......shuts off. The ballast keeps buzzing so its getting juice. The light doesn't go completely out. i'm going to call the company when they open in the morning but is there something i can do. I went ahead and unplugged it, the off time was in 3 hours so i'm hoping this isn't going to fuck anything up. Any suggestions?

hubcap

hubcap

totally

send it back

better safe than TOTALLY sorry.

should be covered under warranty and usually GOOD shops will toss ya an extra bulb, or somthing, for your troubles. especially if you sound mad on the phone and threaten to take your cash elsewhere. lol.

B

beanz240

Ok well that was a panic post last night, the guy says it's probably the light. So he's going to ship me out a new one and we take it from there. I was so stoked to finally upgrade, and allready a snag. Oh well we shall see.

N

Nuglover

Was that your only light? I have a small 400w that I keep as a backup incase my main goes out or whatever. That way my light cycle doesn't get altered too much. Even a small light is better than none to maintain light cycle and avoid too much stress.

B

beanz240

Ya i have a 400. Just what a bummer, i mean i was having dreams about upgrading, had to wait months. Good thing i didn't put the 400 in the veg room yet.

N

Nuglover

Ya i have a 400. Just what a bummer, i mean i was having dreams about upgrading, had to wait months. Good thing i didn't put the 400 in the veg room yet.

Right. I had a similar problem with my new Lumatek...twice. Move my plants, change out my light, move them back, light goes out, move my plants, change out light, move em back...This shit happened twice in two weeks. Talk about pissed.

hubcap

hubcap

fwiw...
same thing happened to me.
ballast died. 600W
all i had on hand was 3 60W cfl corkscrews.
middle of flowering a tent FULL of ssh.
took me NINE DAYS to get a replacement.
ill keep the company name to myself, but, for future reference, when you get into the swing of things...
always have a contingency light plan if plan A blows....literally.
and dont be so quick to give your stuff away. keep a spare ballast, at least.

B

beanz240

took me NINE DAYS to get a replacement. ill keep the company name to myself said:
The more i go, those words could never be more true. I wish i would have seen your earlier post i would have been more rude. I almost want to go to a hardware store pick up a light just to check if it is a light or something with the ballast.

hubcap

hubcap

well, let me rephrase.
'rude' is bad term.

'HIGHLY DISSATISFIED with the quality of...'
'VERY DISENCHANTED with the service of the company.....'

'......I CAN EASILY TAKE MY MONEY AND BUISNESS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ELSEWHERE....'

all have good results
lol

M

mac10

you wont av problems with da 1000watter...youll b lookin at bigger buds the light penetrates more....1000watts is all i use i wont touch any 400 or 600 there not strong enuff

B

beanz240

Ya thats what i'm shooting for.....As soon as i get my problems with my 1000watter solved.

B

beanz240

I think if i remember right i haven't been able to find my tape measure.

hubcap

hubcap

did ya have any progress/luck in getting the 1k ballast replaced?
talk to company? any news?

B

beanz240

Talked to the company, they say it's more than likely the bulb so they are sending out a new bulb. Wait another week and a half till i see it. I had it unpluged for a while in case it is a ballast getting hot or something like that, i have plenty of vent and air about it, but light schedual comes on in an hour so i can see whats what. At least put the 400 back up :(

hubcap

hubcap

i know how ya feel...
as long as ya got SUMTHING tho...
whats growin, again?

hubcap

hubcap

is there a chat feature here?
or is it black box back room vip kinda stuff?

B

beanz240

LOL got me on any chat features. In the flowering room, room with problem, i just have Pandoras Box at different stages of flower.

convex

convex

you wont av problems with da 1000watter...youll b lookin at bigger buds the light penetrates more....1000watts is all i use i wont touch any 400 or 600 there not strong enuff

Really?

600's easily give 90 000+ lumens with the right lamp compared to 1k @ 120-150 000 lumens.

Hell even 430's give intitial lumens of about 58,000 - so two (860 watts) will give comporable lumens to many 1k lamps.

The 600's can be up to a foot closer to the canopy or more ... besides the obvious cost per lumen factor being in favour of the 600's, the proximity to the canopy equates to more usuable lumens per sq. ft.

Just my observations ...

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom