Got Rid of Roomates Now Time to Plan

• Thread starter dontexist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dontexist

Hello there, I have been roaming the forums for awhile and finally decided to register to the farm. Originally I was going to move into a apartment with two people, yet stuff happened and I have to postpone my moving. Not like I am complaining one of the guys would have called the cops on me if he ever found out. Well now I have planning and saving up for a bigger and better grow, and finding a apartment that allows for the least amount of risk.

Here is what I am thinking abut doing:

Dimensions: Grow Lab 120, which is 3'11x3'11x6'7"

Lighting: 1 600 HPS, and 1 400 400 HPS/MH, MH for veg. I would get 2 600s but I am worried about going over the amount of wattage a single circuit can handle. I also do not want to be running lines across the apartment.

Ventilation: I was thinking about 2 S&P inline fans one for the lighting and a smaller one for ventilation. Will be using a carbon filter, because smell is a concern of course. Or should I just get one fan for both lights and ventilation. I was thinking a 450-500 cfm fan should take care of it all.

Plant Setup and Training: I have read plenty of grow journals and think a SCROG grow would be awesome. I was initially going to do a SOG to maximize sq feet, but did not like the plant number. I was going to do 9 plants, yet the two front middle would be modular scrog. While the permanent scrog will be U shaped. This would allow be to access all the plants for watering and training. Since I hope to run both sativa and indica, I was thinking about a screen 15-18".

Medium: 5 gal Hempy with 100% perlite, and idiot proof.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Welcome to the Farm dontexist, glad you joined us here. Fine choice of tents, you will not be disappointed in the GrowLab 120. Personally I would go with a 1K light system, much better penetration and limits the need to adjust light heigth.

As for ventilation I tried mine with a single 4" CanFan with a filter hood fan exhaust alignment, room got to hot. Did that aligment with a 6" CanFan Max temps held perfect but the noise was way too loud. Ended up running with 2 4" CanFans, one on the filter running 24/7 and the other on the light hood wired with the lights to cycle 12/12. Temp swing is 6 degrees under 1K.

Noise and smell are the biggest concerns for apartment growing, plan this one out carefully,

jj

D

dontexist

Thx for the advice, I would go with 1k, but I need the 600 or 400 MH for veg. Depending on how electrical situation is in the apartment I will get two 600s. Ventilation was a big concern, but I think I am going to try your method of using two 4" canfans.

E

easypleasie

The 1ks are nice but damn if they don't produce a ton of heat! The 600s are great and heat is much more manageable. In my old setup, I used a 6" canfan with a speed controller. I had it turned down to about 50% and it's much quieter and still more cfm than what my 4" was putting out. Invest in a good solid state fan controller. Light dimmers will cause a humming that's louder than the fan! And they will crap out on your pretty quick. This also helped control humidity as I could increase or lower the fan speed. Now, if they made one that was programmable, that would be the shit! Good luck with your preparations. Apartment grows can be risky so make sure you have everything you need before you start!

D

dontexist

I was thinking again about my grow, and I thought that I would have to have a back up plan in case I could not have 2 600s in one room and not have a fire. I do not know how many amps the circuits can hold in the rooms, so I am thinking of back up plans. Do you guys think having two Grow Lab 80 2'7" x 2'7". Each with their own 600s and 4-6 plants, under scrog would be smart. Each tent placed in two different rooms, one in a study and one in my bedroom. This might even allow me to stick one or even both tents in closets. And also run one tent with sativas and indicas separately, and never having to worry about going over a 1400 W for each circuit. I do not want wires running around the place, and going with the theory easier to hide two smaller set ups then one larger one. What do you guys think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom