got rot ? protect your roots with prevention

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
med man

med man

Breeder
hi farmers

i dont know if there has been any threads up like this, but i am sure there have been discussions. so forgive me for double posting

with over 10 years of hydro experince (water cultures) these have been my findings

root rot is always the by product of

- too many feedings/too wet
- water temps too high
- too high ppm and toxic salt buildup (can look like the rest of em)
- stagnant water/lack of disolved oxygen
- dirty, slimey rez and or additives

now i have found too high ppm to be the most common. but least understood or i should say mis-diagnosed. its easy to suffocate roots with salt them blame water temps or wetness

i have ran 80 degree water in my tables and some other systems with no issues. but its all about balance. higher room and or rez temps should mean dropping ppm. as well, if you run high ppm in general, then give a shock flush of 48 hours not just 24hrs every week.

i have seen filthy uncleaned systems. high res temps and soggy set ups pump out chron, becuase the ppm in the systems were dialed for those situations. salt is the hidden root demon, stealthy and slow to notice.

add 35% hydrogen peroxide to the rez every 2-3 days, and just watch your ppm. high performance set ups have very fast growing plants. get a extra rez and attach a float valve for ppl management if you cant bay your system.

theres tons of other ways to deal with issues as they arise, but why not prevent them before they occur?

hope this helps

med-man

J

Jalisco Kid

I agree but it is too simplistic. root temps and water flow is more important. I have seen people in my sys run at 1800 ppm from listening to fat mike and pull off green bud. Bud never reached its potential but they will not believe that. The clubs buy it after all. For me its water temp, strong water flow and an active immune system. Coming from a hydro background not soil or wood.
Looks like you have a nice collection there. JK

med man

med man

Breeder
hey jalisco

thank you for sharing :-) i love watching your work.

i also totally agree with you. i keep a 1200gph pump in my res to continuously circulate the solution.

i have found h202 to quell any worries about temps as i never use a chiller.
as for my clone stash. lol dude. i dont knwo if anyone knows what i have been through to keep them going to bx and inbreed em haha

good looking out, please share more

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
Aerated Compost Tea's I think are very effective methods to help overall plant health, and prevent root rot.
hey pusher

to be very very honest with you. the "biggest best" crops i have ever ran were abour 15-25% organic teas. i find anything over that and the chance of infection dra,atically increase. but mind you, there rae always so many other factors. but clean always tends to be "the best"

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
hey cannaloupe

hanks for sharing man. i use canabolic stacker, a plant steroid i make and sell. only real steroid on the market cannabis specific.

healthy immunity is def the way to go

med-man

Top Bottom