Got Seeds

• Thread starter googolplexs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

googolplexs

I know, I know pregnancy is not a disease, but why do you need a doctor to fix it. This is way past abortion time, the thing is 6 foot tall.
So I was looking at my plants, I is a novice for sure, I see these weird bumps in the Buds, I sazs hum what is this, dang seeds.

I had pulled a hermi and all the males as soon as they showed up, I thought I had 3 nice females and the one changed on me, was hermi, I know I pulled all in time?

I have already harvested a auto, it had no seeds, I have two other strains without any seeds, I can't find any male flowers.
The plants with seeds were bag seed, I did two practice runs with these bag seeds before I did real run, the bag seed plants were doing good so I let them go, they were small but I was learning by trial and fuck-up.

About 4 or 5 years ago I think someone had males in flower in this room, can pollen live that long, sure prob 20 years.

Well these plants are to big to move, I have not seen any seeds in my very expensive seed plants.

Is this cause for alarm, I have only seen a few seeds, must be hundreds, if I have seen 5.
Can you plant hermi seeds, what else is there that can happen.

I have looked in to this to see what I could find out in search, but seems search is not defined enought to get easy info. Or else I don't know how to use search.
The only thing I did find out is that you could have female plant with one set of nuts on it, now that's what I call insurance.

I would also like to say thanks to the other member Farmers of this site that offer help to those that don't have a dang clue as to what they are doing, I know there is some really smart people here, but some of us are learning

E

E.T.

sounds like your 'bagseed' plants were herm induced seeds--meaning that when it was grown, possibly through stress, those plants threw some pollen and that's how you ended up with some seeds. the chances of having this hermaphrodite problem again from those seeds is likely. if you choose to keep those plants, you need to be careful to inspect EVERY internode for male flowers. if you miss ONE, it could end up pollinating a lot of your herb....especially if you have fan's blowing in that room.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I'd suspect the bagseed as the main culprit also. Uncertain genetics are interesting, but the negative aspects outweigh the positives. Often bagseeds carry the gene for a late-life stamen response, which is when a mature sensimilla plant sprouts a few stamen to pollinate her many swollen pistils before the end of her life cycle. It's a survival response specifically spread by the planting of bagseed, actually. These few random seeds in normally seed-free buds have been planted by folks since the beginning of the movement.

Spend some money on proven genetics on your next grow and you'll see the difference.

G

googolplexs

Thanks for Info Guys.

Just found some seeds my other plants.

Yea, Dr. D I spent the money about 25 bucks a seed, got some Medical 1024 and a Fruitie Chronic Juice, found seed in the Juice It seems to be good plant.
Big bud and suppose to be fast.
To bad the seeds will be no good.

The 1024, I have not found any seeds yet, it seems to be a slower plant, is suppose to be big producer. With up to 25% Thc, and heavy couch lock if I am correct.

Et, I still have not been able to find source, if this is old pollen, any seeds could maybe be good, I don't know what cross would produce.
I could plant them at the old Nuclear testing grounds by my house and see what happens.:worried

GEDC0253

GEDC0254

GEDC0255

These are the pics, their way to far along now, hopefully it was old pollen and not a Hermi, I guess I will find out in the next couple of weeks.

But I just can't believe it, seems like only yesterday they were babies, now their grow with babies of their own.

Messed up that on pic forgot to rotate, sorry.

GEDC0256
G

googolplexs

Still can't find the Male nanna's.
Did find some more info though, from what I read the seeds which I spent the big buck's $$ on, could be the culprit. The thing is, that my med 1024s are feminized seeds, which could of caused the seeds, with one of those idden nannas.
But from what I read this is how they make those feminized seeds to begin, with or at least one of the ways.
Those med 1024 seeds they are top secrect on the genetics, and they will not sell you a male seed, they are all feminized. So I have 2 of the 1024 plants, if I ended up with some seeds that could be a good thing, as they should produce female seeds.

The first thing is to find out who and where the father is, so then at least I will know what I have, if it turns out bad maybe can go for child support.

johnursery

johnursery

feminized seeds arent always the culprit they can be stable when done right just not with the method your suggesting by using herms to make herms instead of stable fem seeds...i would suggest doing more research before you begin your breeding

G

googolplexs

Hey Johnursery, I was not reallyplaning on become a breeder at this, only trying to grow some kick ass meds, if possible.

Now on with my seed problem if any one is interested.
This where I'm at, I took down the 2 Bag seed plants, as it looked as if theMale donor was coming from one of them, I was hopeing it was the 1024 and the worst I would have a kick ass strain for my own medical problems.
BUt it looks like the bag seeds are the ones, I looked and looked, I could not find The Male flowers, or what I know as Male flowers.
It began to look as it could ruin all the bud, looks like I might have about 6 oz of some decent meds, but with seeds.
The only thing I found so far was single little thing that was just below the bud, it kind of looked like a seed but when I smashed it, looked more like a unopened flower.
I'm going to keep looking for more male flowers, so far I don't see to many seeds in my 1024 or my fruitie chronic juice.
I do plan to keep these seeds, and see what I have from the cross, so far they are big and very dark seeds.

Ya know when I received my expensive seeds they were mostly very small, I was worried if the would even pop. I did have one go retarded on me, it is about 4 weeks old and only about 1/8 th of an inch tall. That was a waste of 25 buck's, I going to top the sister and make a clone, growing to big to fast, twiceize of my TNT Kush, planted the same time.

Hey thanks you guys, I would not of made it this far with out your help.

Top Bottom