Got some mykos and some pro-tekt silica. How much of either?

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

My plants are between 2-4 ft decent bushes. about 5 ft root diameter on some of them.
The drainage might not be the best and I wanna give the roots a little help.
How much mykos should I add. And how much pro-tekt (instructions on the bottle?).

Observationist

Observationist

My plants are between 2-4 ft decent bushes. about 5 ft root diameter on some of them.
The drainage might not be the best and I wanna give the roots a little help.
How much mykos should I add. And how much pro-tekt (instructions on the bottle?).
(Instructions on bottle)

Maybe start half those dosages

But this should have been from the start I’d think, more time for the mycos to actually colonize the roots, surely they’ll catch up

Idk

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I would make six 12" deep plug holes and pour a teaspoon in each. Your trying to get it as close to the root zone as you can, ideally at the bottom, which is why you use it at the bottom of the hole you use when you repot/replant for the last time if your doing an outdoor grow. I usually just amend the entire bag of potting soil by spreading it out on a tarp and working in the required amount of Mykos to get the fungal network started up sooner since I do indoor. I'm assuming it's the same stuff I use, Xtreme Gardening Mykos.

Start with half of recommended dose oof Silica and work your way up until you're at full strength. Half dose will give it time to break down and get absorbed rather than loading it up in the soil and maybe messing up other microbial processes or messing with the soil PH.

Neueregel

Neueregel

I would make six 12" deep plug holes and pour a teaspoon in each. Your trying to get it as close to the root zone as you can, ideally at the bottom, which is why you use it at the bottom of the hole you use when you repot/replant for the last time if your doing an outdoor grow. I usually just amend the entire bag of potting soil by spreading it out on a tarp and working in the required amount of Mykos to get the fungal network started up sooner since I do indoor. I'm assuming it's the same stuff I use, Xtreme Gardening Mykos.

Start with half of recommended dose oof Silica and work your way up until you're at full strength. Half dose will give it time to break down and get absorbed rather than loading it up in the soil and maybe messing up other microbial processes or messing with the soil PH.
Hello there, thanks for posting. question: if i wanted to do this in a 5 gallon pot I would just put 6 holes around the outer perimeter of stem ? thanks

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hello there, thanks for posting. question: if i wanted to do this in a 5 gallon pot I would just put 6 holes around the outer perimeter of stem ? thanks
You could but you need to take into consideration that mychorazzae doesn't work overnight. It needs to feed and expand into a fungal/bacterial network and that takes time. Somewhere around 4 weeks before it establishes complete symbiosis with the root system. For outdoor growers growing in the long season from early spring to late fall it's fine since the fungus and bacteria have time to develop. If you're doing it in a pot indoors you need to start it from the beginning to give it the time it needs to develop. How far along is your plant?

OP says he has 2 to 4 foot bushes with a 5 ft diameter root zone. I'm assuming he's growing outdoors from the sound of it.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Not too close to the stem out a foot or 2.
They dont really need it. I'm just gonna rub some into the top layer real good like. I'm scared of poking holes.

Neueregel

Neueregel

You could but you need to take into consideration that mychorazzae doesn't work overnight. It needs to feed and expand into a fungal/bacterial network and that takes time. Somewhere around 4 weeks before it establishes complete symbiosis with the root system. For outdoor growers growing in the long season from early spring to late fall it's fine since the fungus and bacteria have time to develop. If you're doing it in a pot indoors you need to start it from the beginning to give it the time it needs to develop. How far along is your plant?

OP says he has 2 to 4 foot bushes with a 5 ft diameter root zone. I'm assuming he's growing outdoors from the sound of it.
ok. mine is 2 months old. i would need to use this at the start and i will next grow. thanks for input.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Not too close to the stem out a foot or 2.
Yeah! Just do a circular plug pattern around the base, like you said, a foot or two. If you can penetrate deeper without disturbing any major root pathways even better since the powder you pour down the hole will inevitably have some that will stick to the sides of the hole. This is fine since the sides of the hole will start to develop their own structure and as the structures start to meet together the root zone will be covered in beneficial bacteria and fungus and will break down the organic matter around the roots along with the organic acids, amino acids, sugars, growth substances etc. that get excreted by the roots as a way to accelerate beneficial bacteria/fungus development into the rhizosphere/root horizon/root zone. This is the symbiosis that takes place between the two and is why it is important that this is established as early in root development as you can.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo can just sprinkle myko over the wide of the rootzone and water in. If in the ground im not aure it will make a lot of difference unless your adding species that are not native.

The silica id foliar if not in flower. This will get it into the plant immediately

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Spraying 1ts gal is ok for the first couple weeks of flower you think? like before they get frost.

420trout

420trout

Imo can just sprinkle myko over the wide of the rootzone and water in. If in the ground im not aure it will make a lot of difference unless your adding species that are not native.

The silica id foliar if not in flower. This will get it into the plant immediately
So glad to hear you say this. I usually add it when I plant but forgot this year. I top dressed and watered it in a couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom