gps in amsterdam

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

has any 1 used gps in amsterdam ? how good is the signal ? im crap at reading maps and got a list of places to go too when im over there soon . ive got tomtom on my phone with the bluetooth gps crack but i find its not very srong keeps dropping signal so im getting a gps bluetooth keyring been told they are loads better ....

F

FastForward

I tried using it in May on my N95....it worked, but it was slow and shite...but I really think it was the N95 and not necessarily the buildings.

Obviously some parts will work better than others...e.g. red light district...but then, who needs GPS there anyhow? ;)

edit: the gps dongle is LOTS better...I was using tomtom on n95 and it's great....was using a holux unit...cost 60 quid

U

ukcheesehead

I tried using it in May on my N95....it worked, but it was slow and shite...but I really think it was the N95 and not necessarily the buildings.

Obviously some parts will work better than others...e.g. red light district...but then, who needs GPS there anyhow? ;)

edit: the gps dongle is LOTS better...I was using tomtom on n95 and it's great....was using a holux unit...cost 60 quid

going to order a gps rec tomorow not sure what 1 tho and dont wana spend to much on it ...

found this cheap site

F

FastForward

The only downer with the N95 and tomtom/external receiver, is that it CANES your battery quickstyle....the bluetooth connection just drinks battery. Might not be a prob in dam where you're not far from a hotel room and power, but was a major pain in the ass on a motorbike.

Do you really need a GPS for Dam tho? It's fun...especially if you get a tracker downloaded...and then upload that KML file into Google Earth to show where you've been :) But you must know your way around by now?!

U

ukcheesehead

The only downer with the N95 and tomtom/external receiver, is that it CANES your battery quickstyle....the bluetooth connection just drinks battery. Might not be a prob in dam where you're not far from a hotel room and power, but was a major pain in the ass on a motorbike.

Do you really need a GPS for Dam tho? It's fun...especially if you get a tracker downloaded...and then upload that KML file into Google Earth to show where you've been :) But you must know your way around by now?!

after 5 or 6 beers and vodkas and some smokes i get real messy lol last time it took me 90 mins to find my hotel i was 100m away lol so tomtom will be loads easyer. ive got internal gps set up on the n95 . but its not to great realy were i liv but mite work great in the dam . have u got it for your tomtom ? if not let me know i will upload it for you

D

drpressure600

tom tom

in amsterdam, theres a tom tom center just behind the 'liedseplein' where the american hotel is & dan murphy's, u'll get the perfect one there, theres lil'maps in all the hotels of the whole place to . .

U

ukcheesehead

in amsterdam, theres a tom tom center just behind the 'liedseplein' where the american hotel is & dan murphy's, u'll get the perfect one there, theres lil'maps in all the hotels of the whole place to . .

the gps bluetooth rec made by tomtom are crap . u only get a car charger thats alot of good if you dont drive lol .

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Time to bring out my Omnia, problem is i still dont know how to use it fully,GPS signal is meant to be quite good on them. Just downloaded tomtom for windows mobile for any unusual car journeys. Hope it works. :headbang

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
blah!!! Your takimg all the fun of getting lost in amsterdam away from your trip. I say leave the maps and satnav at home and just prey! LOL

Sorry!

U

ukcheesehead

blah!!! Your takimg all the fun of getting lost in amsterdam away from your trip. I say leave the maps and satnav at home and just prey! LOL

Sorry!

lol im only there for 2 days and got loads n loads to do . it will save me so much time not to get lost lol .

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
for sure mate, I only joshing!

TBH, it does my nut right in when you walk around the same block about 100 times lookih for something you are sure was there. Then you find the place the next day in a completly diferent part of town. Too much herbage. Lol

U

ukcheesehead

for sure mate, I only joshing!

TBH, it does my nut right in when you walk around the same block about 100 times lookih for something you are sure was there. Then you find the place the next day in a completly diferent part of town. Too much herbage. Lol

u got it . lol just programing a list of were to go into my phone . 1st stop greenhouse coffee shop hahahaha joke

F

fumosigakefanridere

u got it . lol just programing a list of were to go into my phone . 1st stop greenhouse coffee shop hahahaha joke

go to the green place and get the trainwreck bbchese and laconf the best weed i smoked in town last month!

U

ukcheesehead

just got my keyring gps rec .

it took 3sec after pairing to my fone to find 5 satalites and thats useing it in my bedroom the satalites are between 5 and 7 now .. the built in gps ive got on my fone wont find 1 when im indoors . im well happy bargin too .just hope gps is good in amsterdam

heres a pic

Gps 00166
F

FastForward

Nice one mate...enjoy....you look like you live in my mate's neck of the woods in Worcs :)

F

FastForward

Yeah he does lol, he even has sheep walk into his garden lol

Talking of which, I got home this afternoon to find two people going through our wheely bins (poles not sheep). I very nearly made lamp chops out of them, but figured it's not worth the aggro (i.e. it's rubbish so stuff in there is junk by definition, and I could do without the cops coming over).

Better sheep than thieves :)

Top Bottom