Administrator
Staff
nice vid thanks for sharing with us m.g :winking0067:

[YOUTUBE]QGhWLaTopL4[/YOUTUBE]

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice vid Logic! Midnight Gardener is killin it! An OG grower told me about this a while ago...
Gotta try it someday

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

:wazzup:
thanks for puttin this up logic
:420:

B

Boots Sugarleaf

nice, something I've always thought about but yet to try....we have so many moms maybe it's worth a try...thanx for sharing

S

Standaman

I actually saw this plant up close in the Dam and let me just say the Ray's Choice is covered in crystals up close the pics camera just can't show you.

I was talking to the lad in there for a while theres 6 on one and 11 on another one, he was saying they do a similar thing with apples. It's a beast of a plant.

You don't even have to be that clinical just cut a V out of each stem, if you want you can graft the cut stems off each plant and make 2 plants!
But he did say to me it's a very hit and miss technique and it's not a technique that brings big yields but is great for mothers and to look at i think!

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey midnight, do you notice any change in flavor in the dried bud? i know when you do this with apples you get a blend of the two strains...have you noticed any of this?

S

sdub4200

Crazy I Actually heard about people doing this up in Humboldt about 10 years ago when I lived up north, but never had actually seen it practiced, I like the idea of doing it to mother plants to save space that's pretty sweet.

S

spinkus

Hey mg have you or any others tried this on a plant that trys to auto-flower like the sweet pink grapefruit??

Grafting a cut of the spg onto a non auto-flowering strain could stop the spg from auto-flowering, no??

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

Hey mg have you or any others tried this on a plant that trys to auto-flower like the sweet pink grapefruit??

Grafting a cut of the spg onto a non auto-flowering strain could stop the spg from auto-flowering, no??

it does not influence the genetics grafted on to it, but if you grafted a auto onto a normal plant then it would work i suppose..

K

Karma Genetics

any info about using a indica base and crafting the sativa's on it (nice thick trunk and good roots.)

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

better to use a sativa base as it has a better root system and has more tolerance than indica.. look for a 'base' that displays vigor and resistance to mold etc

S

spinkus

it does not influence the genetics grafted on to it, but if you grafted a auto onto a normal plant then it would work i suppose..

Thats what i was getting at mg, graft an spg onto a donor with a good root system that doesnt auto-flower no matter what kind of stress you put it through.

This might really come in handy for those people with the spg cut or other cuts that routinely try to auto-flower. Constantly re-potting and trimming roots on these strains can be a pain in the ass.

K

koopa troopa

i tried to reveg my pre 98 bubba, but it died cuz i didn't leave enough leaves on. imo, it has one of the best root stocks, although slow. my so cal master kush and blackwater #2 are revegging and maybe i'm gonna try to graft one onto another. grafting is a lot harder than it seems. they don't always take, so be prepared for some losses. i was gifted this tape made of wax that holds grafts pretty good and support it with rubberbands.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Hello everyone thats " Geeky about grafting" This is a Great way to keep numbers low while haveing a veriaty of meds..Hello MidnightGarden..nice too see you here as well. IMO. I would not waste time with an auto do to the fact it will stay flower..I have my first Graft complete and ready to graft on another scion...Grafting is EASY if ya do it correctly...Looking forward to some more work from you. Until then take care and be safe

S

sdl01

I know it has been awhile, but I have been thinking about doing this to decrease my plant count. I am wondering...you said it does not increase yield, does it decrease yield at all? If I graft say 4 plants together and then put them in a scrog, will I get the same yield as I would with 4 individual plants?

:icon_stick man:

Top Bottom