Grafting fresh clone onto fresh stump after harvest

• Thread starter DankNugz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

It works...sometimes. Best to use a side branch and not the "stump" though. Also you need to keep the "stump" alive so you have to keep some of its vegetation until the graft takes. I have wondered a lot if certain strains of cannabis are better suited for rootstock.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Well it looks like hell and probably won't come thru but eh it's worth a few min to experiment lol. I cut a deep V into the stump then reverse on 4 clones in middle then cuz my cut was so deep I filled the gap on both sides with two 45Ā° clones on each side. I'll do more experiments periodically.
20210223 155153
20210223 155203
20210223 155207

Tcnchw

Tcnchw

I was reading your post and this popped into my head.
On valentine's day I made a "bouquet" for my girl with some lower branches I removed because of bananaing. I just threw them in water like normal cut flowers and they still look great today (almost 2 weeks later). I'm only bringing this up because I am really impressed with cannabis' willingness to drink that tap water from a bottle. It won't root and it's not flourishing but it is still certainly standing up straight and using sunlight to keep its leaves taut.

20210216 190212
tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'm checkin these things alot lol I gave it couple good doses for a couple days I just don't want to over water it but at the same time I want to keep water pressure on the roots..
Whatever you're doing, it's working. I expected those clones to be dead by now. They were not happy with the initial arrangement, but seem to have settled it real nice now.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

The flower in water thing reminds me of my first run I did a similar experiment lol. I had a pile of clippings from day 21 schwazze that was a few days old. I plucked a hand full of clone worthy clippings that were limp as wet noodles and stuck em in a cup of water. They all picked up. I left in flower and they made little buds lol. No roots but they kept drinking water

Latest posts

Top Bottom