Grafting fresh clone onto fresh stump after harvest

• Thread starter DankNugz420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

But yea I'm surprised that all the leaves are perky lol this is what experiments are about. It was a bare stump that was still pumping juice for a whole day and a half after chop before I did the graft experiment

tobh

tobh

Supporter
But yea I'm surprised that all the leaves are perky lol this is what experiments are about. It was a bare stump that was still pumping juice for a whole day and a half after chop before I did the graft experiment
So, you're taking the blame when in ten years people are saying you can't flower out plants if they don't have the right rootstock, like with roses, citrus, etc. It's been written in history.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey dank , I'm confused and too lazy to re read the post , I have a few questions .... Do the clones have roots already ?
Are they from a flowering plant cut or they just look like that because the crowded leaf tips look female ?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I should have taken pics during but I didn't lol. I did a deep V cut into the bleeding stump with a utility razor blade, then worked the flaps a lil bit to make em a bit more flexible then I took fresh cuts from veg plants, did reverse v cut on 5 clones in the middle. Then I added 2 clones to each side with 45° cuts just to fill the gap cuz the stumps fairly large. 9 clones 4 varieties. On a lemon meringue seed plant stump with nothin else on it after harvest

dire wolf

dire wolf

Cool ....It might work , can you get a dome around them in case they need some tlc in a day or two , or are they in a relatively clone friendly environment ? , I almost imagine the clones rooting dep into the stem as a host , not actually grafting , but shooting roots thru the center like the alien and growing right thru to the soil , and then shedding the stump after they used her as a temporary living rapid rooter 😜

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Totally do it dude! Im just trying to keep in mind it's going from feeding a giant budding plant to feeding a hand full of clones lol want water pressure on roots but not root rot or somethin. I got a fresh pic also. Looks pretty much like this morning lol
20210227 022323

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Yea I'm giving it time before I mess with it cuz it could be just that they're sucking up the juices from the stump enough to perk but I'm intrigued lol hopefully it does make a super Frankenstein plant! Speaking of clones I accidentally made 2 top clones tonight lol I'll post them in my other thread about "high stress training"

Homesteader

Homesteader

Great job but like Direwolf said, I wouldn't get your hopes up yet. The graft will have a calloused scar tissue after a few weeks. Even then it still needs a few weeks to really take and start growing.

Someday I will try growing a grafted cannabis wall from multiple branches. Not sure if anyone sees my vision but its going to happen someday.

For grafting, I would highly recommend getting some parafilm tape. The tape holds the moisture in the graft and squeezes the unions together.

90bdc6f4d63ab0dd73c382f98b09bf13
58751431398306713cccb911df9782e6

https://www.amazon.com/Parafilm®-Gr...ocphy=9002675&hvtargid=pla-511497592712&psc=1

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have a feeling that you are going to experience root rot with your "stump" though. Not trying to be Debbie downer but I think you will need to keep a single branch alive or your roots will slowly die.

Top Bottom