Grafting On Plants

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Storm Raven

Storm Raven

This is not possible the grafted part of the plant will not share the DNA of host plant. Also a fruit plants flavor is in the fruit and leaves not in the plant fluids in the stems.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

This is not possible the grafted part of the plant will not share the DNA of host plant. Also a fruit plants flavor is in the fruit and leaves not in the plant fluids in the stems.

Explain what isn't possible, please
Enlighten me

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Its only using the host plant to absorb water and nutrients it gets from the soil. just like if you took a pear limb and grafted it to an apple tree its not going to taste like a blend blend of apple and pear. The fruit from pear graft if given the same growing conditions would be identical to the fruit on the original tree.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Graft
I have played with this for a min that's why I posted it But the truth is A pot plant with more than a few dif strains will not produce a large crop so its best use is as a mother or as a keeper of a rare grafted girl, and working in the apple orchards of Washington state and the wine vineyards in Southern Cali Grafting is a common as planting but much faster . . . .
Great information
BTW the EZ est way to graft is a split side rail Graft
I will post a pic hold on

Last edited:
H

happy b

Iv seen the boys in the dampkring with plants that had 4/5 different strains on it.like they had a mako haze plant and grafted on theyr congolese,rays choice,milky way and alegria onto the mako haze branches and marked them with a tag were the graft was.this enabled them to have o e mother plant that has multiple strains you can take cuts from.plus they had one flowered out.there was not mix of flavors In the finished buds.they says the cuts taken from it grew out normal and the flowered buds tasted like they were supposed to.its on youtube somewere.it was pretty amazing.the 4/5 strain mother plant would come in REALLY handy for me as i dont have a lot of space but iv never tried it yet.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I used to make my mothers grafted plants with 3 strains. However, the mother would become quite large by the time all the grafting took, and then the time to replace the mother came too quick. I was constantly grafting, and it was a pain in the ass. Keep in mind you have to keep mothers of the plants your grafting also, so it doesn't really make much sense as mothers for me, IMO.

H

happy b

I used to make my mothers grafted plants with 3 strains. However, the mother would become quite large by the time all the grafting took, and then the time to replace the mother came too quick. I was constantly grafting, and it was a pain in the ass. Keep in mind you have to keep mothers of the plants your grafting also, so it doesn't really make much sense as mothers for me, IMO.
Haha good bloody point bulldog.i never thought on that.on one hand it was a good novelty thing,good to know type deal but didnt think it was a viable option as if it fucked up youd lose out on more than just one cut,unless of course as bulldog says,your keeping back up mothers which totally defeats the purpose....so to sum up....pointless really.

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

The only reason I could see you would want to do this is if you self medicate with multiple strains and you have a legal grow in a legal state but limited to the total number of plants you can have growing. This way you can have a grafted plant of several strains as a clone mother.

H

happy b

The only reason I could see you would want to do this is if you self medicate with multiple strains and you have a legal grow in a legal state but limited to the total number of plants you can have growing. This way you can have a grafted plant of several strains as a clone mother.
Yes or i suppose you could graft the top of a plant onto the bottom of a plant with a huge root system to try and increase yeilds.but again theres no gaurantee it would giv bigger yeilds after the grafting has taken place.

H

happy b

Yes im not talking about switching dna im talking about grafting a plant with a small root system onto one with a HUGE one to increase the amount of nutrition the plant can uptake.if the graft was 100% successful theres no reason to think that it wouldnt increase your yeild.like what i mean is say you have a plant in a 10 litre pot and a plant(or the bottom 1/4 atleast) in say 150litre pot with a really extensive and healthy root system,and you could get it to match up(i beleive they have to be more or less the same width) and take then youd more than likely increase yeild.although such a thing would really only be done as an experiment.

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

happy b, you never know till you try. I hope you have favorable results my friend. :cool:

H

happy b

happy b, you never know till you try. I hope you have favorable results my friend. :cool:
Oh shit no ,im not going to do it.i dont have the time,room or the plant with a big root system.i was just thinking possibilities out loud.

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Oh shit no ,im not going to do it.i dont have the time,room or the plant with a big root system.i was just thinking possibilities out loud.

It's the thought that counts my friend. ;)

showmegreen

showmegreen

Don't anyone remember Kola Buds? They used to be in tha back of Hightimes back when I was a yungin I believe. They grafted hops to the root stock of a MJ plant. Cuz they are cousins. Tried to make a legal weed. It fell out though cfly(as Chong would say) that shit couldn't git a fly high.
I grafted a banana kush and a durban on a case of the fuck-its after my boy forgot to latch his rabbit cage. Tha fugger got loose in tha house an demolished my grow. To my surprise it took then I pollinated it with a hermied Durban poison and wallah! Poison Nanners. Which will soon become Bubble Nanner's or Sour Poison or sumethin to that effect.
I also got this red\blue (not purple) Beauty that came from a kick ass dude on this site as a gift. That I don't know wat it is but was thinking on trying that graft thing again. Gonna try that clone thing again. Haven't had any success with it yet. Picky lil lady she is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom