GRAFTING------Quest for SUPPER MOM

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

f1ydave

Well First EXPERIMENT is a failure. The clones died today after I forgot to open the bag to fresh air. I dont think they were going to take..... the tissue did not look the best. It was brown and that is not a good color.

I did pretty good-keep them all alive over a week... Pretty good for first try.

So Round Two!
here we go:banana1sv6:

Let me offer some tips from my gardening days. I lived in Florida for a while and could have perpetual fruits.

I graphed 3 pepper plants onto 1 successfully my first try. I got the idea after being at a landscape supply and they had a "fruit cake tree". It was a lemon, lime, cherry and something else I think that was graphed together. After further researching it I found out how specific the plant genes have to be compatible. Plus with those trees, typically after a few years 1 of the graphs will take over the plant, since they were all of different genes. Anyway.

Marijuana should graph just fine.

A couple things I noticed reviewing your photos. You don't want to bag the clone. You want to saran wrap the joint, loosely. Think of it as a bandage to keep moisture in as the plant heals and bacteria out.

Attach the clone the same way (make sure the end of the clone is sharped like a tip to a bow, this maximizes exposure to the mother plant). I would use rooting gel if you have it. Spritz with 2-3 very fine sprays from 6"+ away after you place clone in home. Wrap with saran wrap. Use a bag tie at the top and bottom of the new joint, be careful to make it snug but not to squeeze and bruise the clone stem. Every day, open it up and let it feel air for about 15 minutes or so (let a fan blow a breeze on it too). Re-spray and wrap again. You should see it slowly heal over a week. A "knuckle" will form over it and you are good to go.

I would not do more than 1 at a time. The mother-plant is already being stressed to adopt a new clone with different DNA make up and trying to repair the severed branch.

Make sure your razor blade is clean with 95% or higher rubbing alcohol, 97%+ is preferred.

I think the sprayer I used was a handheld 24oz? typical sprayer. I had 2-3 tps of Neem Oil in it. That was all. You may be able to use a rooting solution, but I would use a very small amount of it. 1/4 recommended solution or just straight water.

S

strawD

has anyone heard of cutting a branch that has hollow stems, and putting a cutting into the hole? i know someone that tried it, unsuccsessfully a few times.

B

Beasters X Haze

my buddy up in WA has a mom with 13 strains on it. He said you can do it like the post above, but the easiest way to do it for first timers is to take two small ( approx 1 ft or so) plants in one gallon containers. put them right next to each other, take a razor blade, slice not quite half way into the main stem ( when you see the white) on both plants. then make them kiss at that point and thoroughly wrap the weld with electrical tape. you will have to water both plants for a week or so, then cut off the bottom of the plant you don't want..

on another note
he also clones on the plant itself with coco and then waits for the clone to start growing before cutting it off, he saves approximately 2 weeks by doing this.. big time saver when plant numbers are a must

B

Beasters X Haze

I just did my first successful grafting project, I let them grow together for about 2 weeks before cutting off the lower part of one of them.. worked perfect with absolutely no stress to either of them.. thought i'd give an update to the farm so you guys can keep your numbers down and your useable up..

great way to put together a bunch of strains you rarely use but don't want to get rid of forever..

B

Beasters X Haze

Just put three together today.. right now it just looks like a 1 ft plant with a 9 inch branch taped on.. nothing too exciting.. i'll post pics when i get a 10 site mom or something

M

MIgrow

This very cool. New to this forum but exciting to see, I have done this extensively with fruit stock but never mj. Nice work<

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

This is bad ass. I was reading up on this on other posts. Great job and thanks for posting pics! My mind= BLOWN haha

321abc

on another note
he also clones on the plant itself with coco and then waits for the clone to start growing before cutting it off, he saves approximately 2 weeks by doing this.. big time saver when plant numbers are a must

How on earth is that conducted? Got a tutorial or pics to go along with the detailed walkthrough I am hoping you will provide? :confused0054:

B

Beasters X Haze

like I said, I actually have never done it myself, but give it a try. There's nothing to lose

C

chillsmoker

looks pretty sick so far, I ll have to do a bit of research myself and check this out as I am in a plant count medi state where numbers matter so this could be very sweet! don't give up hope man and keep tryin!

D

DrFeelGood

Very cool! I would love to combine mothers to one, this is great for med count!

Dr FG

Top Bottom