grafting?

• Thread starter Scientis150
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scientis150

Scientis150

Ok I see all this weird shit on grafting sertin strains onto other strains, witch is cool, but my question is, "if u have a Fire Og mom plant that u plan on grafting other strains onto, like East Coast Sour D and Headband, when flowering shouldent the mom plant "Fire Og" release some of her.... I dont know, genetics, passive traits, onto what ever has been grafted on? Is my East coast sour d gonna tast a little like the Fire mom? Im thinking this would happen since all the life of the plant flows up, from the roots... in don't know, anybody got info? Could use a little...

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

i don't know about grafting pot plants but when it comes to grafting fruit trees. typically you graft a scion ( in your case would be the Fire OG mom) onto a root stock ( which in your case would be the ECSD). the genetics of the plant won't change dramatically ( if at all) but the scion will have some characteristics of the root stock like cold hardiness or disease resistance but it will always bear the fruit of your scion.

basically your Fire OG will be fire OG and ECSD will be ECSD but the characteristics that come from the roots during growth will be the same.. hope this helps.

BTW this information comes from a few seasons of working on a fruit tree farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom