Gramma's Grow Diary..of Sorts

• Thread starter GrammaHydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Your good a setting the suspense gramma..been waiting to see your grow since you said in the other thread that you was sceptical of posting, cause the money's invested. Was thinking I would see some MacGyver meets dollar store dumpster..but no!...looks great

Ecompost

Ecompost

alright gramma found it,cant wait for you and the family to try out my creation,blaze until your dazed girl then take another hit for me
its a very vigorous little scamp Old, the blaze I got is ramping along now its connected to my Mycelium mates :-)

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

go grand ma! Great set up! I'm subbed for the ride! Can't see well on my phone but is that first pick a bud crawling with mites and web? Look pretty cool even though they are a pain in the ass! Toke on baby! Say hi to vggirl and grandpa for me. Glad to see family always comes back together!

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I'm sad to report all those seeds did not come up :crying2:
I am embarrassed too. I want to so much impress you folks I feel I let you down.
Today Im starting over again. I refuse to quit. I refuse to surrender to failure.

I used equal parts of vermiculite, perlite, and peat moss. I believe the peat moss is too heavy for the seedlings so I'm gonna do what I did over a year ago. I used only vermiculite and perlite and the seeds sprouted just fine. My age is catching up with me I guess I keep forgetting until I learn too late.

Although I lost about $100 I am not gonna let this get me down. I have been fortunate to share seeds that VGgirl gets from her online buddies. So I'm getting all those seeds out today and gonna go for it, a massive seedling start up!

I got really blessed with a GG4 clone (2 of them) and a Jedi Kush and I believe I will be raising some Critical Kush cuttings or clones too.

Gramma McGyver will show off soon enough I just gotta get up and do something LOL

I almost forgot to mention....Vg brought over the Nano Breathe so I can try it out. I sprayed 5 plants 2 days ago so the experiment is on.

@Cblaze I'm doing the seeds you sent us too and I will show that in here too.

I'm sorry I let you all down and now I will try harder to keep this grow diary up.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am embarrassed too. I want to so much impress you folks I feel I let you down.
Today Im starting over again. I refuse to quit. I refuse to surrender to failure.

I used equal parts of vermiculite, perlite, and peat moss. I believe the peat moss is too heavy for the seedlings so I'm gonna do what I did over a year ago. I used only vermiculite and perlite and the seeds sprouted just fine. My age is catching up with me I guess I keep forgetting until I learn too late.

Although I lost about $100 I am not gonna let this get me down. I have been fortunate to share seeds that VGgirl gets from her online buddies. So I'm getting all those seeds out today and gonna go for it, a massive seedling start up!

I got really blessed with a GG4 clone (2 of them) and a Jedi Kush and I believe I will be raising some Critical Kush cuttings or clones too.

Gramma McGyver will show off soon enough I just gotta get up and do something LOL

I almost forgot to mention....Vg brought over the Nano Breathe so I can try it out. I sprayed 5 plants 2 days ago so the experiment is on.

I'm sorry I let you all down and now I will try harder to keep this grow diary up.
gramma what the hell you talking about,who the hell did you let down girl,it is all a fight for are freedom to grow are own medicine and recractional herb,if someone tells you they have never had a bad grow or some that they lost because of some issue,they lied,my last grow i lost 2 critical 11,2 white widow,3 wild purple,burned them bitches up cblaze style,i mean i toasted them fuckers,the room got high as hell but i didnt,all due to nobody but me,i bought a new 16 bulb t5ho and put it in my 4ft by 10ft closet and toasted them bitches,the worst thing of all ,they were in 3 week of flower,so put that on the back burner,learning curb for you,lesson learned. by the way seedling stage is the worst for me too,you tend to them and it dont take but a blink of the eye and your done for,now with all that ,get back there grow some herb girlfriend.
blaze until your dazed and take another hit for me,lmao

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Thank you for these encouraging words. I am hard on myself. I tend to think I gotta be perfect. lol You are so encouraging. Maybe bad grows ought to be discussed more so us newbies don't feel so blah. I'm good atcloning and training and all but seeds are not my forte..lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you for these encouraging words. I am hard on myself. I tend to think I gotta be perfect. lol You are so encouraging. Maybe bad grows ought to be discussed more so us newbies don't feel so blah. I'm good atcloning and training and all but seeds are not my forte..lol
you see its the oppisite for me,i have hell with clones,dont like how root spread out,with seed when that tap root hits the bottom game on ,hell ya,buy the way you cant sell that newbie shit to me gramma,you forget i been with your grows for some time now,the whole family is some growing fools,and some fire has come out your neck of the woods,next step is what did you do,anything diffrent,did you try something new or forget something old,im ocd to when it comes to my plants,i forget were i wrote shit down,lmao,i know all yall use perlite and moss did you forget a little lime ,or something to regular mix and tecnic,hell time to move on and get it on girl.
by the way ,i know vgirl got some dank ass seeds from texas,the strain is amazing so far,throw one in and try it out,im seriously impressed with my out come 5 weeks in now,now take a few hits and get back in that garden girl,say hi to the family for me,i miss talking to all yall everyday,i just cant put up with that shit over there no more,love gramma

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I know what you mean about that other place. I really like it here. When I post here I don't get a billion questions about my environment. I'm not a scientist and never was or will be. I was so put off when I was brand new and the questions about ppm and rsh and readouts on a meter I will never own and all this technical questions it took the fun out of just sharing my experience as a grower. I keep my grows as simple as possible for a good reason. I can't afford all those hi tech gadgets. I look at growing now as a challenge and harvesting is my reward for staying on the course.

I think I know what I did wrong with my seedlings. Here is what I did.
I placed each seed in a wet paper towel and in a Ziploc.
When they sprouted(7) I placed them in a pot with my soilless mix. (sprout end down).
The mix was dry (another mistake) I watered the pots.
My hubby thinks I did not keep them moist enough. probably true but...
I had another 8 seeds I planted the same way but with no sprouts.
I think I should have planted the seeds after watering the soil mix . I saw how much the soil settled after I watered it. I kinda suspects them seeds settled to the bottom of the pot.

Now its ok to pick at me on this...lol I really need to know if I may be right about what I may have done wrong.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I know what you mean about that other place. I really like it here. When I post here I don't get a billion questions about my environment. I'm not a scientist and never was or will be. I was so put off when I was brand new and the questions about ppm and rsh and readouts on a meter I will never own and all this technical questions it took the fun out of just sharing my experience as a grower. I keep my grows as simple as possible for a good reason. I can't afford all those hi tech gadgets. I look at growing now as a challenge and harvesting is my reward for staying on the course.

I think I know what I did wrong with my seedlings. Here is what I did.
I placed each seed in a wet paper towel and in a Ziploc.
When they sprouted(7) I placed them in a pot with my soilless mix. (sprout end down).
The mix was dry (another mistake) I watered the pots.
My hubby thinks I did not keep them moist enough. probably true but...
I had another 8 seeds I planted the same way but with no sprouts.
I think I should have planted the seeds after watering the soil mix . I saw how much the soil settled after I watered it. I kinda suspects them seeds settled to the bottom of the pot.

Now its ok to pick at me on this...lol I really need to know if I may be right about what I may have done wrong.
honestly i think you nailed it,i would bet that them seeds are fine in there,just deeper than usal,i had some i thought,died on me,luckly i didnt throw them out ,just had them setting in my room,2 weeks later bam,there were plants and i mean stote stems on them,i did the same got in hurry planted my seeds and watered,i honestly dont no how deep they were in there,but you germ the same way i do,i recently am giving coco a try and this is one of the main things i was told,after you rinse it,get ph right,plant seed leave it alone,a very true fact,next batch did the same way but watered after i planted the seeds,and these are the ones i gave up on and they surprised me,big time ,i went and popped more seeds and got them started,when they surprised me and popped up,i was oh shit,ya i now have 5 in veg in one room and 10 in flower in another room ,my mistake made me rush to make another temporay room to put them all in,lmao,gramma im 56 now and i can tell you this much IM A STONER,and forget shit the next day,so i write things down and guess what i forget were i put it after i wrote it down,you as i arent making newbie mistake ,WE MAKING STONER MISTAKE,lmao i have fun and that is the main thing,lmao

Cindysid

Cindysid

Hi Gramma, I've been a lurker on this site for a few years, and I've been growing outdoors for decades. I'm in the process of my first indoor grow. I have had numerous germination problems over the years, and I'm not sure why. I finally stopped using the paper towel tech. I was getting healthy sprouts, but when I added them to soil, they just fizzled out. Now I just start them in peat and perlite, but I still have a few failures from time to time.

I've been making clones off and on for a few years, and I'm not the best at that either. I have about 100 cuttings in plugs right now with my fingers crossed that at least half will take root, since I plan to do a sog.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. People who have a shitload of money can easily get the latest gadgets and worksavers, but people like you and I have to cobble together what we can and make the best of it. Looks like ur doing a great job to me!

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

honestly i think you nailed it,i would bet that them seeds are fine in there,just deeper than usal,i had some i thought,died on me,luckly i didnt throw them out ,just had them setting in my room,2 weeks later bam,there were plants and i mean stote stems on them,i did the same got in hurry planted my seeds and watered,i honestly dont no how deep they were in there,but you germ the same way i do,i recently am giving coco a try and this is one of the main things i was told,after you rinse it,get ph right,plant seed leave it alone,a very true fact,next batch did the same way but watered after i planted the seeds,and these are the ones i gave up on and they surprised me,big time ,i went and popped more seeds and got them started,when they surprised me and popped up,i was oh shit,ya i now have 5 in veg in one room and 10 in flower in another room ,my mistake made me rush to make another temporay room to put them all in,lmao,gramma im 56 now and i can tell you this much IM A STONER,and forget shit the next day,so i write things down and guess what i forget were i put it after i wrote it down,you as i arent making newbie mistake ,WE MAKING STONER MISTAKE,lmao i have fun and that is the main thing,lmao

LOL yep its a stoner's mistake and I am a stoner.
You must have been reading my mind because I was debating on putting them somewhere else and begin again with these seeds. I was thinking that surely they should pop up eventually. So I will do just that.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Hi Gramma, I've been a lurker on this site for a few years, and I've been growing outdoors for decades. I'm in the process of my first indoor grow. I have had numerous germination problems over the years, and I'm not sure why. I finally stopped using the paper towel tech. I was getting healthy sprouts, but when I added them to soil, they just fizzled out. Now I just start them in peat and perlite, but I still have a few failures from time to time.

I've been making clones off and on for a few years, and I'm not the best at that either. I have about 100 cuttings in plugs right now with my fingers crossed that at least half will take root, since I plan to do a sog.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. People who have a shitload of money can easily get the latest gadgets and worksavers, but people like you and I have to cobble together what we can and make the best of it. Looks like ur doing a great job to me!

Thank you Cindy!
I am about to begin again on some seeds I have been blessed with by some members here. I will tell which ones in the very near future.

Ecompost

Ecompost

yeah peat can be a bit clumpy. I use fine compost, vermicast, and rice hulls (perlite replacement) I use perlite if I run out of hulls tho :-)

Good on you, for the switch, sorry for the losses, yeah that VG is a cool cat x

Top Bottom