Gramma's Grow Diary..of Sorts

• Thread starter GrammaHydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Grams, we all screw up once in awhile or we wouldn`t be human, and stoned at that. Hell, I was really proud of myself this one time, dropped 18 beans, got 18 sprouts and after about 6 weeks, killed every fucking one of `em. Documented, with pictures and all. Sure felt stupid, got in a hurry, violated my own rules cause of other pressing issues and killed `em all.
After using the paper towel in a baggie, without a baggie, grow cubes and all, I settled on a very simple method. I now use 2 1/2" or 3" coco coir pots and Sunshine Mix #4 as soil. Put the seeds directly into the soil and when ready the coco coir pot and seedling, all get planted into the large plastic pots. Have had very good success this way. Main thing is, that there is NO transplant shock this way. At present, have 13 sprouts 9 days old, from 18 seeds planted. My worst germination ever, but 4 of the seeds, no one has been able to get this strain to pop. So, eliminate them and 13 of 14 is more like it. As for fancy ass gauges and what not, all I use is a simple moisture meter that you stick in the dirt. PH ? What`s that ? Never tested for that either. Got good well water and I know it. That`s my K.I.S.S. method, works for me.

TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

I always use pro mix HP . Straight out of the bag its perfect for seedlings. Very fluffy stuff. Put the seed straight in and days later I get a sprout. I don't even try to baby them just spritz them a few times if the shell is still on. Keep it simple! Every time I get fancy they die. For cloning u have a simple 3$ try with a dome. Slit windows in the sides of the dome for air spritz tops and cover . Place lid on and set it and forget it! We all screw shit up once and a while its all good Gram!

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I grow many or all of my girls in coffee cans and then I transplant them into 5 gallon buckets a couple weeks before flowering. This time I took 7 of my girls and kept them in the coffee cans and put them into flower. I designated them as my hash stash. Today I'm harvesting them and I just had to show this one first. She didn't produce big but wow the sugar and also I think I took good pictures this time.

Sour Sis ( Iron Lung Genetics ufc x sour bubble) which was given to us by CLoset Farmer. @Vggir

Feb 29 2016 1jpg
Feb 29 2016 2
Feb 29 2016 3
Feb 29 2016 4
Feb 29 2016 5
Feb 29 2016 6
Feb 29 2016 7
Feb 29 2016 8
Feb 29 2016 9
Feb 29 2016 10
Last edited:
Vggir

Vggir

I grow many or all of my girls in coffee cans and then I transplant them into 5 gallon buckets a couple weeks before flowering. This time I took 7 of my girls and kept them in the coffee cans and put them into flower. I designated them as my hash stash. Today I'm harvesting them and I just had to show this one first. She didn't produce big but wow the sugar and also I think I took good pictures this time.

Sour Sis ( Iron Lung Genetics ufc x sour bubble) which was given to us by CLoset Farmer. @Vggir
Very great gramma! :) she's awesome!!!!

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Looking gooooooood, congrats on the harvest. I know that put a smile on your face !!!

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I got a smile on my face this morning.
That GG4 is a clone from @Vggir 's successful clone.
The first seed to pop was Girl Scout Cookies from Cali Connection.
Here is the list I have in the cloner/seeder.
Roy Walker
Black Dawg x Quarkle
Lemon Lava Rocks
Deep Cheese x Quarkle
White Blaze
Flo x GG4
Monkey Fighter OG
THC Bomb
GSC and THC Bomb are feminized and all the others are reg so I'm really hoping for the ladies.
these ppl get my thanks for their generosity on giving me and VgGir some seeds.
@ClosetFarmer Monkey Fighter OG and Lemon Lava Rocks
@madscrapper Deep Cheese x Quarkle and Black Dawg x Quarkle
EHCC gave us the Flo x GG4
@oldskol4evr sent me the White Blaze.

Grow Report
Grumb Blotto

Grumb Blotto

I am not afraid to admit that i have had bad grows. Its definitely a learning curve. Ive never had a problem with mites yet but i have had an entire garden decimated by mold. Very important lesson learned that day. Dont leave the poor girls in the corner all the time. Rotate and check daily. But like you said grandma, cant let it keep you down, have to keep on pushing. And honestly i grew for years with makeshift equip scraped together from odds and ends. Wasnt as productive as my new set up but it was always wicked fun :)

Stay Green

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

Everytime I start a new grow I get excited. I'm like a kid at the candy store. This morning when I turned the lights on and removed the cover I smiled big. Seeing that new leaf from the seed gave me a new jolt of hope. I was devastated that I lost those other seeds but this seedling healed all that grief..lol.
I meant to mention that @Ecompost gave me the Roy Walkers and I'm using the Nana Breathe he sent us too. I'm still just a couple days in on that.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Everytime I start a new grow I get excited. I'm like a kid at the candy store. This morning when I turned the lights on and removed the cover I smiled big. Seeing that new leaf from the seed gave me a new jolt of hope. I was devastated that I lost those other seeds but this seedling healed all that grief..lol.
I meant to mention that @Ecompost gave me the Roy Walkers and I'm using the Nana Breathe he sent us too. I'm still just a couple days in on that.
dont forget to keep shaking that stuff to stop the cal settling out, getting it underside the leaves is best, usually takes about 48-72 hours before things really start moving. Roy went down well here, the crew kept her on, we found a lime OG which is awesome, hard hitting like the Lee Roy

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dont forget to keep shaking that stuff to stop the cal settling out, getting it underside the leaves is best, usually takes about 48-72 hours before things really start moving. Roy went down well here, the crew kept her on, we found a lime OG which is awesome, hard hitting like the Lee Roy
did you see the roy pictures i posted eco

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

I am just floored at your pictures of white Blaze. I got 4 seeds so hopefully one of them will be female. I have more I just planted 3.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

UGH! UGH! UGH!
A mouse or something ate my seedlings and clone. I am so mad I can create my own smoke. It is so odd tho....about a month ago someone sent me the GG4 cuttings. I had 4 and I immediately set them in the reservoir to take root. I had other clones rooting too. GG4 2 of them got ate up and a the others were not bothered. I thought maybe it was the lady bug beetle and it preferred the taste. I was able to preserve and root the two GG4 I had left. It was a GG4 in that reservoir with my seedlings that got destroyed overnight. I knew that a beetle could not have made the mess this was in. And I saw a mouse poop near the plants. I am still dumfounded though. My older plants that sit on the floor and the smaller plants that sit in the bathtub don't get attacked. Needless to say we are gonna set out mouse traps by the cloner today! I still have the other seedlings I am waiting to pop. They get covered at night.
The good news is I have another Lemon Lava Rock that popped overnight.
OK back to the drawing board to find more solutions to my challenges.

Top Bottom