Grams Per Watt aka GPW

• Thread starter Khaosgardenz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

old growers I know have referenced success in this manner if u were doin great u were getting 1+gs per watt .5 grams per watt is decent and anything less is basically failure so I was curious as to how many people know about the gram per watt old school way of growing and how many people know what there gram per watt is for some people with smaller wattages it may be a lil easier but yeah chime in guys let me know what u guys think about grams per watt to measure success?

Natural

Natural

ya know, I think that originated with Jorge or Rosenthal..can't remember. The original was .5 gram per watt every 30 days. Then everyone did the math and considered that 1 gram per watt for the whole flower cycle is the better reference.
Although 600's can be more efficient lighting for bigger spaces and smaller plants. So that's where the euro opinions tend towards to grams per square meter..cause they use mostly 6's and medium sized plants. So if I get 2 potatoes under a 1 K..I'm kicking ass. It varies for me depending..but mono-cropping..getting nutes and environment dialed..it's pretty easy. Now if my strain takes 10-11 weeks I would want the yield to be more..and if it is done early like 7 weeks..it could maybe a little less. I gravitate towards 9 week strains and ones that get closest to the benchmark. Some of the strains like cookies and og are gonna be a struggle to get there in my opinion...expect less yield of but more dank and gets better numbers.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

some good info bro thankz for the input im sure others will find that helpful

J

Jalisco Kid

That's an argument I have heard for a while. Some like to put time into the equation. 1 gpw is at 10weeks is not the same as 1 gpw at 7 weeks. I do not care about electricity much, I just take plant measurements, anything over a kg is gravy. JK

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

A lot depends on the strain. I don't care about GPW...but I do care about tryin to get the most out of whatever genetic I'm workin with. I've seen strains that huge yield and would most likely be well over 1gpw...but it was commercial genetics that I could smoke all day and never get a buzz. I've seen very low yielders that might not even make the ,5 GPW mark...but an OZ of it would outlast an elbow of that huge yielding commercial crap. Its all relevant...quality...potency...yield etc. I don't get wrapped up in the GPW shit, I'm much more concerned with potency and flavor above all else.. MGG

Myco

Myco

I think GPW concept really only applies to the individual grower... .5 GPW to one guy may be sufficient with adequate efficiency with plant count, rotation and veg resources. Or 1 GPW to another guy that uses twice as much veg time, less plants, less of a rotation schedule. But I think we all subconsciously use GPW to guage how we're doing; such as the universal concept of 1lb/1kw, which is basically .5/GPW of course... exactly like OP said, 1b/1kw to me is a bare minimum, personally I usually achieve 1.5lb/1kw, or roughly .75/GPW, which is great considering I'm always running multiple strains/phenotypes.

B

boo

I documented a from the ground up grow on another site and was the first mono crop I grew, usually I have harvest dates all over the place...first run in the new grow resulted in 1.58 GPW...everyhting was primo, dialed in to beat the band...all plants were grown in pro mix bx and gh 3 way nutes...guano teas as needed...hard to hit such numbers but I hit it...way too many variables to use as a benchmark but nice to have the notch in my pistil grip...

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

I documented a from the ground up grow on another site and was the first mono crop I grew, usually I have harvest dates all over the place...first run in the new grow resulted in 1.58 GPW...everyhting was primo, dialed in to beat the band...all plants were grown in pro mix bx and gh 3 way nutes...guano teas as needed...hard to hit such numbers but I hit it...way too many variables to use as a benchmark but nice to have the notch in my pistil grip...

very impressive boo I don't do a mono crop at all variety is the spice of life for me but if I did that with my white rhino I would have pretty good numbers

Natural

Natural

very impressive boo I don't do a mono crop at all variety is the spice of life for me but if I did that with my white rhino I would have pretty good numbers
Last time I puffed on some WR I was impressed..great smoke. I hear you on variety too..I'm always rotating the jars for personal smoke.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

its the original white rhino now known as medicine man not the nirvana or green house version which are inferior IMO

tweedy

tweedy

That's an argument I have heard for a while. Some like to put time into the equation. 1 gpw is at 10weeks is not the same as 1 gpw at 7 weeks. I do not care about electricity much, I just take plant measurements, anything over a kg is gravy. JK
Awesome frame of mind. Electricity (and ballasts/bulbs for that matter) are chump change compared to what they return. I pay 11 cents a KWH.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your output per square foot of space used is better measure of your success IMO...

sixstring

sixstring

Your output per square foot of space used is better measure of your success IMO...
yeah that ^^^^^^^^^^^^ i always wonder why we dont have a formula to use to compare each other by the sq ft of flower room or total grow,veg plus bloom. .5 gpw is pretty darn good for a full blown sativa but kinda lame for an indica in general

Top Bottom