Grand Daddy Purp

• Thread starter ganja_guy52
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ganja_guy52

when is the best time to really drop the temp and see if shyt turns purple??
and wat is the lowest sum of you's have dropped the temp on ur plants??

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
grand daddy purp does turn purple lower the temps little after 50 days

D

DixinCider

when you start flushing drop the temps (last 14-10 days you should see color change)

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
when you start flushing drop the temps (last 14-10 days you should see color change)
The question didn't get any reasonable answer. Just Drop the temp seems very vague. You can go to 65-68 during the last 2 weeks while you flush.

C

CaptnShitacular

watch out for PM if ya drop your temps below 70s...

S

sidewing

my kens gdp purples with age.. around day 63 its usually a nice purple hue.. and when it dries the bud inside is dark purple dotted all over.. dont force your plants purple. itll happen naturally. i hate when people force purple their herb.. its just a gimmick in that case. if it wants to do it natural its a beautiful thing. making sure u run low nitrogen during mid flower and no nitrogen late flower will bring some purps out also naturally.. basically with a 2-3 week leeching of water only when the plant starts using up everything thats when the change generally occurs. if u have nutes still in your plant when u chop they will probably be green.. and u will taste it.

redman420

redman420

Yes GDP will turn purple no matter what its in its gentics,ya dont drop temp,bud indoor stop grow producing thc at temps lower than 70 and any more tha 10 deg temp change makes them strees more than needed!

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
my kens gdp purples with age.. around day 63 its usually a nice purple hue.. and when it dries the bud inside is dark purple dotted all over.. dont force your plants purple. itll happen naturally. i hate when people force purple their herb.. its just a gimmick in that case. if it wants to do it natural its a beautiful thing. making sure u run low nitrogen during mid flower and no nitrogen late flower will bring some purps out also naturally.. basically with a 2-3 week leeching of water only when the plant starts using up everything thats when the change generally occurs. if u have nutes still in your plant when u chop they will probably be green.. and u will taste it.

I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit on this one. Lowering the temps toward the end of its life cycle would be natural wouldn't it? When plants are grown outside and summer starts to turn to fall doesn't the temperature naturally cool down, especially at night ?(maybe not as much at the equator) I know it does here and night time temps will easily get lower than 60-65, that with a proper flush will bring out some crazy color in your strains, naturally.

redman420

redman420

indoor and out door are two different thing ,outdoor plants can cool down and chage color but i have had a dep crop and tne GDP and with the night temp around 60 -70 and at 50-52 days into flower they always turn purple so its in the gentics for GDP to turn purple!!!And outdoor plants can take cool night time temps because the ground temp stays warmer than the air temp.keeping the plants growing.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I know outdoor and indoor are different. I was just stating that lowering temps indoors to get better coloring is natural and not a gimmick. It happens in nature when changing from summer to fall. I personally don't purposefully lower temps, my grow space gets cool enough at night(65) for my strains to color up just fine. Strains like GDP and Purple Urkle are genetically purple but lower temps increase the effect. There are strains that will throw down pure purple color from the beginning of flower like Black Rose, Double Purple Doja, Sweet Purple, Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush, Purple Goddess etc.... regardless of temps. Here are a couple pics. First pic is Purple Urkle which starts off green and then starts to put on the color later in flower. Next is Purple Goddess, as you can see she puts down the Purple from the beginning of budset.

Urklezoom
PGa
PG1 1200 x 900
xrob415x

xrob415x

That purp godess is beautiful. How is the smell? Similar to the erkle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom