Grandaddy Purple Covers In Hairs During Vg

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm not totally sure what the original strain was since the hobby was in it's infancy, I was told it was Manatuska, as it came from the oil pipeline workers, but it never had a name. I still have some original viable seeds that I can sometimes get to sprout, which is what I used for some of this cycle's candidates. The photo shows mostly my strain, which appears to be highly indica. Unchecked, it will reach 12 ft or more but works well when trained indoors. In the background center is a modern strain, Durban Poison.
BW...while I've been growing this same strain forever, I didn't say that that was ALL I enjoyed! :cool: I traded off with a circle of old timer, so everyone typically had a nice variety.
were about in the world are u roughly?r u UK per chance?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha better than any pharmaceutical therapy for sure!! My father in law always talks of the old days. The original Acapulco gold, pure sativa I'm told. Your not the only one afraid of lis their heirloom strains. I love what ur doing. If I'm still growing in 30 yrs I wonder what the "scene" will look like then?!?

I was shocked in how far it’s come in just 10 years. Not all for the good either. But you can still find gems you just have to do more research and not trust the hype. I’m sure there are good breeders but they are 1 in a million.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Haha better than any pharmaceutical therapy for sure!! My father in law always talks of the old days. The original Acapulco gold, pure sativa I'm told. Your not the only one afraid of lis their heirloom strains. I love what ur doing. If I'm still growing in 30 yrs I wonder what the "scene" will look like then?!?

My first smoking experience was in 1969. I was an only kid and only had older cousins and the Vietnam war was going on. My first pot purchase was a "nickel bag" of Mexican pot for $5, Ozs, known as "Lids", went for $15-20. For the most part, it was terrible. You seldom saw ANY buds, just shake and seeds...oh...and LOTs of stems! I think it was mostly just dried leaves, but I was a kid and if I had to smoke 5 strawberry paper rolled loose joints, it was ok. :smoking:
The Colombian showed up around 74 and was orders of magnitude better than the Mexican, although the Aucupulco Gold was pretty good. There were actual buds, or flowertops as we stupidly called them, in the Colombian stuff and the price skyrocketed to $30, then 35/Oz. Colombian was typically brownish gold and usually seedy, but the trend on better quality was not far off. There were several other "brands" that were around, 99% probably misnamed, but Colombian redbud, Panama red, and thai sticks were also popular. In the late 70s, Hawaiian appeared on the scene but it was $140/oz...pretty expensive when you could get a lb of Colombian for $350. Around this time Jamaican lambsbreath arrived...a very psychedelic sativa that filled the gap between Colombian and Hawaiian. This is about the time I first tried my luck with HID, after failing for years trying to grow something along the edge of the woods or somewhere remote. With HID lighting, it was easy and dependable. The rest is history. Keep it up...time goes by faster and faster the older you get. I grew my 1st successful crop at 23, I'm 60 now. Most of all, enjoy it and don't make it a job.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sorry...Western Pennsylvania, USA.
there is LOADS of great US seed suppliers and clone nursery's in the US.try to make use of em to see if u can find something better than what u have.something that out performs your usual variety

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
there is LOADS of great US seed suppliers and clone nursery's in the US.try to make use of em to see if u can find something better than what u have.something that out performs your usual variety

I had some Malawi in 82 that was like taking acid. I always called it cartoon dope because of the way it kind of messed with your vision and made everything, well, um...cartoonish. Obviously it wasn't like acid, but it was one of the most vivid smokes I've tried. I'm going to try to tackle a couple of those the next run, although they have a very long flowering period. I usually try a couple new types every now and then. I ordered some seeds and they are hopefully on their way from the UK. Its going to kill me to have to wait until the current bunch finishes.

Madbud

Madbud

My first smoking experience was in 1969. I was an only kid and only had older cousins and the Vietnam war was going on. My first pot purchase was a "nickel bag" of Mexican pot for $5, Ozs, known as "Lids", went for $15-20. For the most part, it was terrible. You seldom saw ANY buds, just shake and seeds...oh...and LOTs of stems! I think it was mostly just dried leaves, but I was a kid and if I had to smoke 5 strawberry paper rolled loose joints, it was ok. :smoking:
The Colombian showed up around 74 and was orders of magnitude better than the Mexican, although the Aucupulco Gold was pretty good. There were actual buds, or flowertops as we stupidly called them, in the Colombian stuff and the price skyrocketed to $30, then 35/Oz. Colombian was typically brownish gold and usually seedy, but the trend on better quality was not far off. There were several other "brands" that were around, 99% probably misnamed, but Colombian redbud, Panama red, and thai sticks were also popular. In the late 70s, Hawaiian appeared on the scene but it was $140/oz...pretty expensive when you could get a lb of Colombian for $350. Around this time Jamaican lambsbreath arrived...a very psychedelic sativa that filled the gap between Colombian and Hawaiian. This is about the time I first tried my luck with HID, after failing for years trying to grow something along the edge of the woods or somewhere remote. With HID lighting, it was easy and dependable. The rest is history. Keep it up...time goes by faster and faster the older you get. I grew my 1st successful crop at 23, I'm 60 now. Most of all, enjoy it and don't make it a job.
And lots of hash then, red leb, blonde morrocan, black afghani, nepalese temple balls, $5/gram, $75-90/oz.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I had some Malawi in 82 that was like taking acid. I always called it cartoon dope because of the way it kind of messed with your vision and made everything, well, um...cartoonish. Obviously it wasn't like acid, but it was one of the most vivid smokes I've tried. I'm going to try to tackle a couple of those the next run, although they have a very long flowering period. I usually try a couple new types every now and then. I ordered some seeds and they are hopefully on their way from the UK. Its going to kill me to have to wait until the current bunch finishes.
i know exactly what you mean about like an acid, or as much like an acid as its possible to get smoking weed.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Here is a closeup of the GDP with it's plethora of Pistils: Please pardon any dark/light bands in the pics...something about the lights and my camera.
Very normal sir. GDP always throws crazy hairs when the light is perfect! Just means she will be a producer!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
...and then there was “dust”, treated parsley

Who could forget the old KW...Killer Weed. Not high quality weed, but it will send you away! I remember finding an Oz of it in someone's freezer, where they kept their regular stash. I wasn't aware of what it was and rolled up a personal one. Those were the days...I'm lucky to have lived thru some of the dumb shit I've done!:speechless:

Top Bottom