GrandDaddy Purp

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

To be honest this was just a shot in the dark.

I have a 32x32x60 tent. 600watt led

I use 2 parts Great Lakes Water soil with 1 part Worm Castings. With this soil, I’m told I don’t need to really do anything else. I test my water to make sure it’s a 6-6.5. So far so good

I also have a carbon filter setup pulling in fresh air and sucking out all the bad stuff. Filter changed as needed.

I have a couple soil meters in case one is off a bit. Water when necessary. Spray the sides of the tent if I wanna increase humidity in addition to the cool mist humidifier.

FTCG

FTCG

I'm in. Let's see how this turns out. I think you got a solid grasp on keeping things simple. Good times ahead!

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

I'm in. Let's see how this turns out. I think you got a solid grasp on keeping things simple. Good times ahead!

Will definitely keep it simple. The advantage of living in the area I’m in, is that you get help when needed. I got places giving me samples of stuff to use once I get going. I will be sure to snap a picture of the stuff I was given

FTCG

FTCG

Sounds like a deal. I wish it was like that over here. Lol, I'm terrified at all times, nerves are shot. Always on edge.

Stay patient with the crop, the organic soil breaks down slowly. Also if the temps are too high, the plants will go dark green from pulling up too much nutrients.

Cooler temps will keep things lighter green. And buds will form quicker.

Pretty much, feeding just water everytime, it's hard to screw that up.

I would give some advice as to being patient here and letting plant do it's thing. It's going to be a slower growth, but you will not overfeed or burn your plants.

Slow and steady.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Sounds like a deal. I wish it was like that over here. Lol, I'm terrified at all times, nerves are shot. Always on edge.

Stay patient with the crop, the organic soil breaks down slowly. Also if the temps are too high, the plants will go dark green from pulling up too much nutrients.

Cooler temps will keep things lighter green. And buds will form quicker.

Pretty much, feeding just water everytime, it's hard to screw that up.

I would give some advice as to being patient here and letting plant do it's thing. It's going to be a slower growth, but you will not overfeed or burn your plants.

Slow and steady.

Yeah temps in the apartment are pretty good for now. Good timing too. I will adjust when the summer comes. As far as being patient, I definitely will. I purchased some auto seeds that should be coming in pretty soon. So I’m patient because I have to be....but the cycle of planting and maturing will be ongoing. My biggest thing is once I switch to 12-12 and then on. That’s where I have zero experience so I have to read up on what to do explicitly

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

It’s been about a month and a half. I think the soil may be too hot. But it is what it is. After this I will use another kind of soil. I don’t know how to top it off or train so anyone with tips on how to even it out and produce more yield, I’m willing to learn

D22271A0 DC56 4051 ABC3 4DEAC173D2FA
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grew GDP last grow and it was a big producer and the buds were very nice. With that being said, I don't really care for the taste of it, but that is just about my only issue other than it being very bushy and needed the canopy thinned or layed out. I use Promix, and if your stuff is anything like it, you will have good results with not worrying about water issues. I use a minimum of additions other than the Promix, so I don't have to worry about overfeeding or other complications that come from too many products being used. Some plant bloom products might contain Triacontanol, which is a Plant Growth hormone naturally produced by some plants, notably Alfalfa. It provides nice results, but be aware that is is a PGR and could influence, for better or worse, your plant's growth and flowering. Patience and restraint are the keys to successful growing... along with plenty of light and a good growing medium. Keep up with the minimalist approach… too much change isn't always a good thing, even if it is given for free. Good luck and keep up the good work.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

So should I clip the top for more yield? If so how and where?

I grew GDP last grow and it was a big producer and the buds were very nice. With that being said, I don't really care for the taste of it, but that is just about my only issue other than it being very bushy and needed the canopy thinned or layed out. I use Promix, and if your stuff is anything like it, you will have good results with not worrying about water issues. I use a minimum of additions other than the Promix, so I don't have to worry about overfeeding or other complications that come from too many products being used. Some plant bloom products might contain Triacontanol, which is a Plant Growth hormone naturally produced by some plants, notably Alfalfa. It provides nice results, but be aware that is is a PGR and could influence, for better or worse, your plant's growth and flowering. Patience and restraint are the keys to successful growing... along with plenty of light and a good growing medium. Keep up with the minimalist approach… too much change isn't always a good thing, even if it is given for free. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So should I clip the top for more yield? If so how and where?
Depending on where you are growing and how much head space that you have, topping/pinching will help to keep the height down and provide more branches and colas. Iy's also important to train the side branches, and sometimes the main branches after topping, to increase your yield as the plant grows. As the branches grow horizontally, the buds on them will start to grow new vertical growth, which all turn to buds during flowering. I pinch the very newest shoots that are growing at the very top of the main stem. You can also just cut the top off, but the plant will stall for a little while it grows new shoots at lower branches. New branches form at the junction of the main stem and the leaves. You want to remove the very center of the topmost growth, but try to leave the small shoots that are right below it, as they will quickly start to grow if undamaged. There are a bunch of "How To's" in the forum help section, just look for topping, fimming, pinching and you will find a bunch of options. Slow and easy is the best way to grow. It's really hard to be patient, but it really helps. Think of it as a Zen moment. Good Luck and keep up the good job!

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Just an update. She is flowering nicely. Keep having to raise the light. Haven’t mastered how to get light to lower leaves as they wilt away but never the less she is looking pretty.

03DAD5C4 4A68 4781 9215 7B60031457C4
D7C12AB5 E862 4A45 A411 29BF93ABB284
Top Bottom