GrandDaddy Purp

• Thread starter MadSciNtst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

May enter this for photo of the month🤷🏽‍♂️. Anyhoo close if not right there for harvest. Read up that 60-70% pistol darkening means it’s ready. I have to order the tools anyway. Thought it may be bushier than this but it came out nicely
Granddaddy purp
Granddaddy purp 2

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Looks good but it’s not done. At least a couple of more weeks. More purple should settle in but it’s not going to be a totally purple strains.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Looks good but it’s not done. At least a couple of more weeks. More purple should settle in but it’s not going to be a totally purple strains.

Thanks. I was told that because I left my room on 73 at night that the purple didn’t come out as much but I also read up that 60-70% of the pistils should darken and it doesn’t look like that percentage. Also read that they should begin to curl in. That doesn’t seem like most are curling. I was gonna order the tools necessary to harvest and by the time I have all, it should be ready

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Thanks. I was told that because I left my room on 73 at night that the purple didn’t come out as much but I also read up that 60-70% of the pistils should darken and it doesn’t look like that percentage. Also read that they should begin to curl in. That doesn’t seem like most are curling. I was gonna order the tools necessary to harvest and by the time I have all, it should be ready
Take everything you read with a grain of salt when it cones to growing. Regaurdless what anyone says there is always another option or route to take.
And yes gdp will get purple but it is not going to be purple weed like blackberry.
She should be smelling real nice about now though I bet. Always loved the gdp aroma.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Take everything you read with a grain of salt when it cones to growing. Regaurdless what anyone says there is always another option or route to take.
And yes gdp will get purple but it is not going to be purple weed like blackberry.
She should be smelling real nice about now though I bet. Always loved the gdp aroma.

Funny I have bad sinuses/allergies so I smell it and I’m sure the aroma is more than what I can smell, but I’m only getting a glimpse lol. As far as reading and listening, you’re right. Someone said my plant was ready but considering the pistils, I decided to let it brew a few more weeks. Will also have to harvest twice. The lower buds aren’t nearly as ready so I allay trim and let them get a bit more time

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nice job! To determine ripeness you have to look at the trichomes, don't go by the hair color &/or percentage

this bud is purple because the dark period temperature was 63 - 65 degrees at all times. When grown in warm weather this is a completely green plant
20190307 201637

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Nice job! To determine ripeness you have to look at the trichomes, don't go by the hair color &/or percentage

this bud is purple because the dark period temperature was 63 - 65 degrees at all times. When grown in warm weather this is a completely green plantView attachment 891789
Sweet! Thanks! That would explain why mine is green.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sweet! Thanks! That would explain why mine is green.
Not necessarily some plants turn colors irrespective of the weather. I was pointing out that it may have to be colder than 73° to bring out colors in plants that are temperature sensitive, best luck!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Looks like she's going to pack on more, especially with that strain. That top I bet is going to get heavy and may need support. Looks killer tho.

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Not necessarily some plants turn colors irrespective of the weather. I was pointing out that it may have to be colder than 73° to bring out colors in plants that are temperature sensitive, best luck!

Yeah I get what you are saying. I was just saying that this particular strain, he said yeah it’ll taste like purple but because it was warm that’s why it didn't turn. Rookie mistake. But not costly

MadSciNtst

MadSciNtst

Looks like she's going to pack on more, especially with that strain. That top I bet is going to get heavy and may need support. Looks killer tho.

Yeah I was gonna give it a couple more weeks. I bought a jewelers loupe on Amazon so we shall see how it goes. I’ve started the flushing process just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom