Grape Ape - Indoor CFL Grow w/ pics *New Member*

• Thread starter Meowzor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meowzor

Meowzor

Hey everyone came here to show my new grow with cfls.
I have never done cfls before.
Specs of Grow:
Indoor
(6) 23w [100watt eq] CFL Bulbs
(8) Grape Ape Seeds. Male or Female not yet identified.

I have it on 24 Hours of light. No off.
A fan that kicks on with a timer every so often.
6 inch exhaust fan.

I water them when ever the top crust get hard.
I use Age Old Bloom 5-10-5 every 3-4 watering .
They are in pots with rock on the bottom, and Fox Farm soil.
Started them in Riot Root coco husk cubes.
I am not really sure how far along i am as i forgot from smoking too much medication o_O..
So your guess is good as mine. I'd say a month idk..
Every day i go in and smoke and play music for my plants. Usually tupac or some jazz.
I know this is hippie-ish but i love my BABIES SO MUCH!!!
I also bought some IR Blocker that you see wrapped around the plants. It was 2.50$ for 3 feet at Osh Garden supply.

I included some pics.

Some feedback would be great. I forgot to change the quality of the camera so its bad pixels.
But its just leaves as of right now.

Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 2
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 3
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 4
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 5
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 6
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 7
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 8
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 9
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 10
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 11
Grape ape   indoor cfl grow w pics new member 12
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Subbed fo sho! Love Grape Ape!! Been droolin over grow logs FOREVER!! I ended up grabbing a Gorilla Grape x Grape Ape cross thats insane! Grape Ape can.be a cola MONSTER with a nice veg! Everything loojs awesome man. This should be a great grow! Goodluck!
Quest

Meowzor

Meowzor

Finally some responses. I just fimmed them last night. And when I woke up the alreadyd got a lil bigger.
These are from seed. So ima keep a male and get some more seeds. Let me know if any one wants some to preserve algiculture :)

I'm currently uploading videos from when they were super smal. I will post links when I get them.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

You can see from my last post, Ive been stoked about Grape Ape for a while! Where did you find beans of her?!!! It was clone only from Brett Bogue at Apocathary Genetics. I know some had some s1's floating around, So, are they bx's?

Meowzor

Meowzor

I am not sure what you mean by bx? Do you mean cross strain? You know what i am not completely 100% sure, tho the person i got them from told me that i am not allowed to get seeds from it. Tho i am going to try. He is on a southern exposure and grows trees where you literally need a chainsaw to cut them down, that or take a truck and chain and tank them out the ground. He told me this is grape ape, I have seen the buds and a mother plant grown at 4 months veg. A giant bush. with little effort. So after my research of pics and other peoples supposed grape ape, its all i can come up with,
Here is a video of them small.
At 1:10 that plant is just like a mother i have seen, i am guessing its either the soil or genetics, but it is the only one that did that. And they all have been treated planted and fed the same way

Next post is from today video.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
nice lil tight bushes buddy :)..i wont judge you on the ciggy, i would just keep m out of the grow room...plants hate ciggies lol

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Bx means backcross. The female would be pollenated by a chosen male to make first generation referred to as a f1. Out of these seeds youll find a male with GrapeApe traits and pollenate the original clone only mother with that males pollen. Thats a bx1. If you took a male from bx1 and went back to dust the orig cut again, youd get a bx2, and so on. Each time you bx, you lock more of that cuts genetics into bean form. Hope this helped shed a lil light on things. Holler if u have anymore questions or anything. I'd love to help. Peace.
Quest

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Meow, those babies are looking quite nice and healthy. A few suggestions when using CFL's to grow. I would use two spectra of light when flipping to flower, get some CFL's with a more red spectrum (2700 K). This will definitely help with getting the best out of your buds. Also expect that only the top 9 to 12 inches of the plant will give you primo bud. While you can get the plants closer to the lights using CFL's the intensity of the light is less than an HID light.

Also, if the person who gave you the seeds asked you not to make seeds with those plants do not make seeds with those plants. If you are going to make seeds regardless, keep them for yourself.

Meowzor

Meowzor

Yes. I am on a mission to go get some t5s today. I am going to flower on hps, but I do have a bunch of those color bulbs around so I might use them too. I have a hps bulb for flowering but my question was can I use a metal halide bulb in a magnetic hps ballast if I convert it to bypass the igniter? Because when it was givin to me it came with both bulbs and I'm pretty sure this kid used both bulbs in the hps ballast.

Meowzor

Meowzor

I have 100$ to go spend on lights today? Any suggestions? For flowering lights around 100$

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Yes. I am on a mission to go get some t5s today. I am going to flower on hps, but I do have a bunch of those color bulbs around so I might use them too. I have a hps bulb for flowering but my question was can I use a metal halide bulb in a magnetic hps ballast if I convert it to bypass the igniter? Because when it was givin to me it came with both bulbs and I'm pretty sure this kid used both bulbs in the hps ballast.

I am not sure sure if that would work. Personally I wouldn't try, but maybe someone on here has done it successfully. Do some looking around and see what you can find.

T-5's are great to have around, I love them. But they are still fluorescent lights, so they have many of the same limitations the spiral CFL's do. You can get a 2 foot 2 bulb unit for less than $100, however, they usually come with bulbs in the 6500 K range. You would need to purchase the 2700 K bulbs separately.

Meowzor

Meowzor

Update! Just got a 600 watt digital quantum ballast and a sun yield 2 hood! Installing this bad boy and will upload videos and pics of the new set up PLUS images and video of what's happening since I fim the plants.

Meowzor

Meowzor

Oh dude wait till u see this video I'm uploading . I lst and hst the heck out of them and they are lookin so beefy and burly . It's nuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom