Grapefruit Lineage?

• Thread starter BigN Tasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigN Tasty

BigN Tasty

I've been wondering for a while now, what exactly is the clone only strain known as grapefruit? Anyone know?

zeke

zeke

Nothing? Damn that's cold....I'm thinking it's from Canada. I bought a $25 dollar quarter ounce at a phish show in 98' or so. Bought it before the show in the lot. Tried to smoke it all with my long haired cohorts. Had to leave two joints on a gas pump. My Volkswagen camper literally had smoke rolling out of the windows when we rolled accross the border. I quess no one cared before 9/11.... I also had a taper buddy in Oregon that had it but was really tight with it.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

as far as i know its a BC strain, but no idea who was the original breeder nor what the genetic make up was.....if you asked Chimera he would know for sure...that guy is a genetic mastermind

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

There are two distinct grapefruita getting ran right now. First is the Canadian grapefruit, most likely a lucky seed score from pre 90's Amsterdam seeds. The bc grapefruit is a solid producer of good herb. The other grapefruit, popularized in Santa Cruz is wonderful, tangy and grapefruit all the way. Out of the two the Cali one is supereior in all aspects except commercially, as the bc yields more with a much higher leaf to calyx ratio!

slausongardens

slausongardens

I have a feeling it's gonna make a comeback here with the revival of these fruity flavorful strains like the oranges that are so good for concentrates.. I think grapefruit would make for dank concentrates from those terms.

And there are a few but one really good one, I assume it's the one u say is from Santa cruz.. I have a few crosses I think I a go through, mota has made a few strains using a grapefruit, i think he has two different ones tho, one being the sweet pink grapefruit and the other I'm not sure, I know wood horse made a large yielding one that's prolly based off the bc cut. I got a grapefruit x herijuana he made I've been dying to try.

Also gonna try some of motas grapefruit x long bottomleaf that I have, I was just telling my partner yesterday I wanted to look for some grapefruit strains to run for concentrates

elkhunter

elkhunter

i heard tell it was in the NL line...like maybe a NL #2...been a while...peace elk..

elkhunter

elkhunter

Mota whats the difference between grapefruit, SPG, and pukeberry ? thx...elkie..

Srenots

Srenots

Breeder Steve said he found it in a tray of NL clones.
I used to grow Sweet Tooth #3 from Spice of Life seeds, and breeder Steve hit it right on, big fat bud that smelled exactly like sweet pink grapefruit, was awesome....

Top Bottom