Grasshoppers and caterpillars

• Thread starter Steve705
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steve705

Steve705

Any outdoor growers have tips on how to keep grasshoppers and caterpillars at bay. They are going after 1 of 4 outdoor plants. Checked em this morning and they just went to town last night eating up quite a bit. Thanks

TerriR

TerriR

I have used Spinosad for the past 2-3 years for caterpillars but this year I am alternating Spinosad with Lost Coast Plant Therapy to avoid them becoming immune. Everybody says don’t spray your bud but that’s where the cats are...they love some bud and make it really nasty!

Seraphine

Seraphine

For caterpillars, spinosad works great and it’s available almost everywhere. Azamax also works great. Spray in evening after bees and other pollinators are not as active. For grasshoppers, try some insect netting.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I use it indoors. Quite frequently since I’ve been battling some species of spider mite (not the borg, thankfully).

Seraphine

Seraphine

I use azamax and azera indoors too. Azamax can be used as to soil drench to kill critters systemically and is effective.

Last edited:
Mattyice

Mattyice

Yes I’m going to get a few things today .👍thanks Seraphine

Steve705

Steve705

For caterpillars, spinosad works great and it’s available almost everywhere. Azamax also works great. Spray in evening after bees and other pollinators are not as active. For grasshoppers, try some insect netting.
Does it just kill them on contact or does it work as a repellent ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Any outdoor growers have tips on how to keep grasshoppers and caterpillars at bay. They are going after 1 of 4 outdoor plants. Checked em this morning and they just went to town last night eating up quite a bit. Thanks
anything with BT in it will wipe there ass out,if you use neem oil it also provide fungicide as well,good stuff and taste like a old women hahahh,spinosad is a great product,captain jacks dead bug just to name a few,also give the soil a little drink with the stuff just a bit,watch them damn worms come out the pot before death,it be like sticking a electric probe in the soil to rise earth worms for fishing,hey that a good idea i might have to try that and shock there socks off lmao

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

check out PlumberSoCal Journal he's got a lot of tips on taking grasshoppers out! ☠

Seraphine

Seraphine

Does it just kill them on contact or does it work as a repellent ?
Kills on contact. All dead within a couple hours. Not sure if it’s a insecticide and repellent like azamax and neem. I’d have to look at the label.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Looks like a leafhopper to me. Spinosad or bt for caterpillars and neem oil for leafhoppers. If you do also have grasshoppers you you can make traps.. Fill a few glass jars halfway full of a 10 parts to 1 part mixture of water and molasses. 2. Dig holes in your garden and insert glass jars. Grasshoppers, attracted to the molasses, will jump into the trap and be unable to jump back out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom