Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary Chicago 3 Night Run

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

There was at least a dozen other people in line with me at Tue Denver main branch this morning doing mail order. How many of you Farmers sent off for your tickets this morning?

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Been there done that. Am hoping for red rocks, despite what bob says this will be only dates, they have to say that to sell 3 days of stadium tickets, hope you score will be awesome....
Im right there with you. I'd much rather go toRed Rocks, but I'm not gonna try and call em on their bluff. I'd hate to miss it if it was truly the last. That said, does the Dead really have to resort to those tactics to sell out a 3 night run? I mean, I'm going to go to as many as possible..

S

Seed Buyer

My first concert was the Dead at UNLV stadium in June of 2014. It was the last night of a 3 night run in Vegas. 120,000 peeps there. I had just finished middle school and the DARE program. It was all by chance, not planned, but what an eye opening experience for a 14 year old and his 13 year old friend. Needless to say it was all down hill from there! The first set is on youtube.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Got my hotel tickets as soon as it was announced and my crew is so stoked. Tales from the Golden Road radio show and some really hilarious people calling asking for an old geezer section they can go to so they don't have to put up with people in the audience taking selfies.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@Seed Buyer yes, it's a cliché but it really is true. There is nothing like a Grateful Dead show, A life-changing event... good show, good positive happy vibes, I can't wait to see the mushroom cloud of kind bud smoke form above Chicago.

Do you guys listen to Grateful Dead radio streaming radio? Gdradio.net check it out

What do you guys think they're going to open up the first show with?

I'm thinking the first set will open with throwing stones > Fire on the mountain > terrapin station > music never stopped > not fade away

Just a random guess lol

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

@Seed Buyer yes, it's a cliché but it really is true. There is nothing like a Grateful Dead show, A life-changing event... good show, good positive happy vibes, I can't wait to see the mushroom cloud of kind bud smoke form above Chicago.

Do you guys listen to Grateful Dead radio streaming radio? Gdradio.net check it out

What do you guys think they're going to open up the first show with?

I'm thinking the first set will open with throwing stones > Fire on the mountain > terrapin station > music never stopped > not fade away

Just a random guess lol

Music Never Stopped and NFA would be symbolic. If I get to hear Loser, I'll be a happy camper ;)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I saw Jerry's last show in Chicago '95. That was also July 4 weekend, i think. the microdot was incredible about that time. The fireworks were the absolute best ive ever seen (again, potentially the micro dots).
Hope you guys get tix and have a blast!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

If anyone hasnt listened to the phil and friends shows with trey anastasio at the warfield in 99. Go immediately to livemusicarvhive.org and click to find. Trey absolutely kills it and this is just a prequel to whats to come. The viola blues is outstanding

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Thanks, I've been wanting to try and find a few shows what I can Hear trey jam. Tales of the golden road say he's going to be practicing from now until July learn all of jerrys songs. :):):)

Latest posts

Top Bottom