Gravity Ban, Story, and New Alternative I Found

• Thread starter 60acregrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
60acregrower

60acregrower

sad to see such a nutrient which gave me results go to the pooper over those pgr's, but I found something on the shelves a few months back and it was bomb. It's called golden tree. I guess someone had to bring it back to the customers because I was pretty sad to see gravity go Here is the alternative nutrient to gravity

To this day many nutrient manufacturers have not disclosed the active or "secret" ingredients of their questionable products. We are told this is to keep any trade secrets from getting out but its fairly well known that any 'secrets' in this business are old news in the horticulture/agronomy department. People are buying products without any knowledge or concern of what said products contain. I know too many growers that moaned when Phosphoload was banned and when Gravity was taken off the shelves. Whether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, its ridiculous to take a largely harmless plant and spray chemicals on it that are not allowed on food crops that can make your plant harmful if consumed.

Im a bit of a Blackstone libertarian in that i think if you want to hurt yourself, you can go ahead and do it as long as you harm no others. However many of the people buying these products and spraying their plants with these harmful chemicals DO NOT grow for just their own needs. Many provide to dispensaries where their chemical sprayed product is SOLD AS MEDICINE, or to an illicit market where unsuspecting buyers are consuming a product that's more harmful than they've come to know. Marijuana is by astronomical proportions the most consumed somewhat-illicit substance in the world, and that's because its comparatively a harmless substance with many [potential] health benefits. But once you start spraying your cannabis with some of these plant growth regulators/retardants (PGR's) and systemic fungicides and insecticides (but that's a whole separate discussion), you're creating a potentially harmful product and providing it to a large group of consumers/patients who are unwittingly consuming marijuana that's now more harmful to consume than in the history of its existence.

We've all heard that nobody has died from smoking weed. Well, with a new standard of harmful PGR's and systemics sweeping through the growers community, i think that might change soon. there has already been a medical marijuana/AVID related death. Its just a matter of time before peoples health starts getting compromised form the consumption of these mystery PGR products and systemics.

The following attachments were provided to me by G. Low, author of Integral Hydroponics and the co/owner of integralhydro.com and manicbotanix.com, with the expressed permission to post said given attachments. The attachments are lab test results of PGR concentration of different "mystery" growth regulating products like Phosphoload, Gravity, Flower Dragon etc. Thank you G for all your personal endeavors in fighting the good fight against the PGR Peddlers

Lab Testing Results courtesy of integralhydro.com
Bushmaster: 271ppm Paclobutrazol
Gravity: 516ppm Paclobutrazol
Flower Dragon: 18,400-18,650ppm Daminozide, 30-46.3ppm Paclobutrazol
Phosphoload: 17,800ppm Daminozide, 20.6ppm Paclobutrazol
TopLoad: 3,467ppm Daminozide

Gravity alternative golden tree

Alice D

Alice D

So what's up with this golden tree. Have there been any tests on it
sad to see such a nutrient which gave me results go to the pooper over those pgr's, but I found something on the shelves a few months back and it was bomb. It's called golden tree. I guess someone had to bring it back to the customers because I was pretty sad to see gravity go Here is the alternative nutrient to gravity

To this day many nutrient manufacturers have not disclosed the active or "secret" ingredients of their questionable products. We are told this is to keep any trade secrets from getting out but its fairly well known that any 'secrets' in this business are old news in the horticulture/agronomy department. People are buying products without any knowledge or concern of what said products contain. I know too many growers that moaned when Phosphoload was banned and when Gravity was taken off the shelves. Whether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, its ridiculous to take a largely harmless plant and spray chemicals on it that are not allowed on food crops that can make your plant harmful if consumed.

Im a bit of a Blackstone libertarian in that i think if you want to hurt yourself, you can go ahead and do it as long as you harm no others. However many of the people buying these products and spraying their plants with these harmful chemicals DO NOT grow for just their own needs. Many provide to dispensaries where their chemical sprayed product is SOLD AS MEDICINE, or to an illicit market where unsuspecting buyers are consuming a product that's more harmful than they've come to know. Marijuana is by astronomical proportions the most consumed somewhat-illicit substance in the world, and that's because its comparatively a harmless substance with many [potential] health benefits. But once you start spraying your cannabis with some of these plant growth regulators/retardants (PGR's) and systemic fungicides and insecticides (but that's a whole separate discussion), you're creating a potentially harmful product and providing it to a large group of consumers/patients who are unwittingly consuming marijuana that's now more harmful to consume than in the history of its existence.

We've all heard that nobody has died from smoking weed. Well, with a new standard of harmful PGR's and systemics sweeping through the growers community, i think that might change soon. there has already been a medical marijuana/AVID related death. Its just a matter of time before peoples health starts getting compromised form the consumption of these mystery PGR products and systemics.

The following attachments were provided to me by G. Low, author of Integral Hydroponics and the co/owner of integralhydro.com and manicbotanix.com, with the expressed permission to post said given attachments. The attachments are lab test results of PGR concentration of different "mystery" growth regulating products like Phosphoload, Gravity, Flower Dragon etc. Thank you G for all your personal endeavors in fighting the good fight against the PGR Peddlers

View attachment 344336
I'm unsure if you are warning growers this golden tree could possibly contain PGR's or are saying its a safe product to use. I personally believe with environment at optimal conditions and a good two part nutrient with all 16 elements nothing else is needed. Yes different amounts of some of these elements at different stages of growth or flower can increase yields substantially but products that promise results never seen before or either containing PGR's or are straight snake oil. Just my 2 cents though.

60acregrower

60acregrower

I slightly agree with you, nutrients are not the game changing factor, I would say temperature is a pretty important element people to often disregard (and I mean like between keeping the temp between 65-75 always.) I am not warning people, just letting them know I used something I thought I should share to people about that I thought was worth the $. I have used lots of nutrients, and some are a waste of money. I have used only CNS 17 bloom as the only nutrient in a 14,000 watt grow and spent $100 total and got a pretty good outcome in the end. I have used the Canna line and blew a lot of money, and I have used a few other things. I did notice with my grow with adding Golden Tree that it was worth it. I only had to spend like $500 in Golden Tree that lasted me for a 14,000 watt grow and I probably got back an extra $10,000 from the original $500 investment in bud quality and quantity. But everything comes down to what we are willing to put in the pot to get something back later. I have been burned on a few nutrients in the past....people won't like me saying this but I think Bud Candy is slightly a waste of money. Oh, and as far as I know, there are no PGR's in Golden Tree, but who knows, I haven't tested it.

N

noone88

You have to contextualize the ban of PGR's in the USA in the context that these products (gravity, bushmaster, Phosphoload) have been used in the cannabis industry for years, before the 2012 ban. The stuff from Emerald Triangle has been sold, as far as I know, back in 2007.

Playing devils advocate: Where are the bodies? Where are the cancer cases?

The carcinogenic levels of those PGRs are not out of line of other crap that is being used in the food industry market. And some of the crazier stuff in the food industry is sprayed within days of consumption.

The most common use of the PGRs is to retard stretch and to add weight, both fed to the plant between days 16-20 out of 60-70 day flower cycle.. How long does the PGR stay in the flower after it's dried? Has anyone done any testing of these pgrs with dried flowers? I have yet to see any results.

Tangentially, my main concern when it comes to the smoking of dried cannabis is mold. Bud rot is all too common.

my 2 coppers.

Alice D

Alice D

Yes both last posts are great. I too have spent excess amount of money on a nutrient company's line to be disappointed. Yes 500$ to get that increase is much worth it. The quality was still there because my major issue with a lot of those PGR products was decrease in resin production. A big decrease too and this has been confirmed by lab testing. I had a partner that used bushmaster with the same strain I was growing without and it was visibly less trichromes but after sending both to the lab his tested at 16.8 when mine tested at 21.1% I know different rooms produce different smoke but another I notice is the massive amount of hairs that PGR products produce. Not saying golden tree does contain PGR's but I just emailed them waiting a response and asked in not so many words if they were using PGR's. I'll let everyone know their response. Thanks guys

N

noone88

yea and we heard that anecdotally. People die from peanut allergies all the time.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

View attachment 344336
remember when they sprayed the ...quat on mexican herbs? Funny how nobody died from that...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Cannabis can't be credited with a kill, maybe AVID, yes!

Interesting that you were sad to see gravity go, that says a lot imo

Joseph29

Joseph29

View attachment 344336

Go buy some bush load from general hydroponics. It's paclobutrazol and you use 1/4 ml per gal for full strength. same thing as gravity but much more concentraed. i use 5 drops per gallon with 1/2 strength nutes. I picked it up at my local grow shop about 6 months ago. One 8 ounce bottle will last a life time.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Can you buy any of these still? I know the gravity is now g10 in not sure if it's the same but
Paclobutrazol is SAFE. Safer thAn driving to work.

The Terps

The Terps

Can you post any source I have only read that it is for ornamentals ONLY, always not for human consumption. I've used a few different ones including gravity. And you can produce bigger buds I don't think anyone ever questioned that. Quaility always suffers everyone knows that. Let's be real if you don't know growers using poisons and plant retardants you don't know many growers. This is NOT an endorsement for pro paclo use by the way.
Anyways unrelated I don't see how anything with a 48 rentry time can be beneficial for human consumption. I'm not going to jump down your throat but without some better than great sources this post will be hammered soon. @SwizzleStix

N

noone88

They are selling phosphoload on ebay. I had a store owner tell me that it is a knockoff version of it.

The OG is being sold as well, but it is chlormequat chloride and not paclo/daminozide.

Use with caution, etc etc.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I would love to see some kind of tests. I have never had any testing done so everything I know is hear say. most all commercial growers in so cal (I'm sure everywhere) are still using paclo/pgr's. A good amount of product does get tested by the clubs and I don't hear of pgr's showing up in the final product. I am still not advocating the product but we have yet to see these horror stories come to light.
I have also heard of foliar feeding pgr's in flower which I think is the dumbest thing you could do and likely would show up in some kind of testing.
UC roots, and clear rez are hyperchlorus acid, basically chlorine. Cs says it's safe to run all the way until harvest. Havnt the health risks of chlorine been well documented for decades and these guys get idolized on the internet for their "proprietary product". Most civilized people won't even drink chlorinated water. Anyhow go ahead and shoot up lab rats with any one of the products on my shelf and I bet those lil fuckers are dead in minutes lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom