Great Used Car

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Last summer bought a used Cadalic De Ville for wife. Paid $16,000. for a 2005 Deville with 40,000 miles, car is loaded with all the goodies. The car has the Northstar v8 engine, front wheel drive, lots of power. Yesterday i got 29 mpg comming back from Denver, cruising at 2 mph over speed limit, dubes rolled up, windows rolled down. Have put 20,000 miles on it no problems
This car has a 4.5 out of 5 saftey rating, side air bags, nice and big as well.
Iam also impressed with the traction control feature. I was one day in a snow storm and highway was not plowed. If you set the cruise control at 30mph and drive in lower gear the car will not loose traction at all. Up hill and down,around turns, it just really does well maintaing traction at a constant speed.
Ialso like the body style and the fact its GM, made in Amercia.
Over all a great deal for a used car, just makes no sense to buy new....

S

Steel Erection

Gonna look for an 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I will never buy a new car again. Too much depreciation, let someone else take the hit.-SE

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wife had a 89 Jeep Cherokee Sport, great vehicle. I also had a 71 Cherokee with a 452 engine, quad trac 4wd, incredable 4 wheeler, never spun tyres, traction city...

Haze

Haze

There is a reason why people say, " it's the Cadillac of _____ "
I own a 1995 Deville ( 4.9 ) and a 2005 CTS. ( 3.6 ) Couldnt be happier. Just broke 100,000miles on the Deville this winter, ( what a GREAT car in the winter ) and she has MANY more to go. Small issues here and there, but all in all the best vehicles I have owned. Next spring will see ( if all goes according to plan ) an 09 CTS-V in my driveway!!

Haze

Haze

Wife had a 89 Jeep Cherokee Sport, great vehicle. I also had a 71 Cherokee with a 452 engine, quad trac 4wd, incredable 4 wheeler, never spun tyres, traction city...

A mate of mine still drives his 89 Cherokee sport every weekend!! An absolute tank!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Pictures idunno 141 800x600

Pictures idunno 142 800x600
I own a 1995 Deville ( 4.9 ) and a 2005 CTS. ( 3.6 ) Couldnt be happier. Just broke 100,000miles on the Deville this winter, ( what a GREAT car in the winter ) and she has MANY more to go. Small issues here and there, but all in all the best vehicles I have owned. Next spring will see ( if all goes according to plan ) an 09 CTS-V in my driveway!!

Yea how about thay traction, really nice on snow, like i said set cruise control and the car at reasonable speed will not slip or slide at all.

Bugs shoud be starting to fly of to river!!!!

Also got a 71 3/4 ton chevy Pickup 4wd.. Bad ass....farm truck

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Y'all already know I'm a Caddy man. Even though my black on black on black supercharged CTS-V is now totaled. I'm looking at one of these!!

Torn between a new coupe black diamond edition black wheels, black interior with yellow calipers, or the sedan same black on black on black with yellow calipers, or a white coupe or sedan with black wheels black interior and yellow calipers. Decisions decisions decisions.. I loved my cts-v.. A few pics for y'all to help a brotha decide.. :banana1sv6:

Images 1
DSC05321
CTS V Red Rock shopped   Copy
 MG 6364
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter

I see we have another V lover. Good to see. Man, you'll love that 09-v. On the cad forums?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Last summer bought a used Cadalic De Ville for wife. Paid $16,000. for a 2005 Deville with 40,000 miles, car is loaded with all the goodies. The car has the Northstar v8 engine, front wheel drive, lots of power. Yesterday i got 29 mpg comming back from Denver, cruising at 2 mph over speed limit, dubes rolled up, windows rolled down. Have put 20,000 miles on it no problems
This car has a 4.5 out of 5 saftey rating, side air bags, nice and big as well.
Iam also impressed with the traction control feature. I was one day in a snow storm and highway was not plowed. If you set the cruise control at 30mph and drive in lower gear the car will not loose traction at all. Up hill and down,around turns, it just really does well maintaing traction at a constant speed.
Ialso like the body style and the fact its GM, made in Amercia.
Over all a great deal for a used car, just makes no sense to buy new....

Right on bro. Those Deville's are awesome cars. Glide like a cloud and smooth like a baby's ass. Likes to see other Caddy peeps around here..

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

2001 Forester. 5 grand cash. Denver Craigslist. Suck it.

Subie
Haze

Haze

I see we have another V lover. Good to see. Man, you'll love that 09-v. On the cad forums?

Very much a V lover. I almost bought an XLR-V for the summer, decided to wait it out and get the CTS-V. I am on the cad forums yes, I believe my name is CTS1984.

I also had the opportunity to grab an 04 CTS but 400 horse is a little less attractive than 550 :) I am having so much fun with the 3.6, actually a very powerful, great handling ride.

G

gooey

id go with the black on black sedan tex...im a subaru guy myself, low key, good off road, and very responsive...peace

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love my pearl white cts it's so bad ass but I want the cts v I bought mine for 10gs with 40k one owner in perfect condition Dude bought ut brand new paid 43k for it I got lucky the dude I bought ut from was in the air force and was going to Iraq and didn't want to pay to store it so i got it for a steal but I think next year I'm gonna trade it in for the cts v Like that pearl one.

Top Bottom