Great vibratory sieve

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Wowza! This sure works good!

I saw a picture of a vibrating sieve system called a Resin Reaper, which impressive claims were being made for, but decided to forgo the $450 price tag and throw something together out of available parts to check out the concept. In short, it works damn good!

Here are some pictures of the prototype, using a palm sander for the vibrator.

I tossed in a hand full of sugar leaf and ran it exactly 3 minutes to produce the pile of kief shown. I used a 130 micron stainless screen and microscopic exam shows it is primarily collecting mature heads.

Five of us sampled the kief and all declared it primo.

Here is what I did:

Vibratory siever 1
Vibratory sieve 2
Vibratory siever 3
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Very crafty bro,
My shoulders are still sore some shaking my keif box for hrs yesterday.

K

Kpezzy

Wowza! This sure works good!

I saw a picture of a vibrating sieve system called a Resin Reaper, which impressive claims were being made for, but decided to forgo the $450 price tag and throw something together out of available parts to check out the concept. In short, it works damn good!

Here are some pictures of the prototype, using a palm sander for the vibrator.

I tossed in a hand full of sugar leaf and ran it exactly 3 minutes to produce the pile of kief shown. I used a 130 micron stainless screen and microscopic exam shows it is primarily collecting mature heads.

Five of us sampled the kief and all declared it primo.

Here is what I did:

dude how did you built that pimp ass aluminum screen holder?

C

CAPO

haha...THAT IS A SERIOUS INVENTION....MAJOR PROPS GRAYWOLF!!!!!

N

nor cali farmer

i want to know wood food is that to the right of your hand im hungry

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
very nice

looks sweet, i've often thought about adding a vibrating device to my hash bags, instead of mixing all of the leaves you would only vibrate the water/leave mixture and produce some good stuff.

mal

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

it looks like it works very well. could a personal massager work better? :)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice!

How about an old electric football game hash maker.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Ok, prototype finished and the performance trials were run.

As you note the Lexan has been replaced with a sheet of 1" Nylon, because the vibration was cracking the Lexan. We also added door sweeps to keep fine particles from being ejected around the edges of the plate.

Lots quieter with the nylon plate and adjustable rubber feet.

We also changed the screen tensioning design.

On two runs, it produced about 1% high grade kief by weight in 2 minutes of running frozen cured sugar leaf. Microscopic examination shows it to be primarily mature resin heads and an examination of the dregs show it still has resin, but mostly stalks.

Sorry I don't have extension tubes for the camera yet or I would send you close up pictures.

Resin harvester 1
Resin harvester  2
Resin harvester 3
Resin harvester 4
L

lime6161

nice set up. can you please clarify the vibration a bit? Does the nylon/sander setup press dirctly down on the trim? Does it sit on the door sweeps and shake, leaving a bit of a space and vibrates the lower screen? is there some type of spacer that suspends the sanding rig. kief looks nice and gold.

Graywolf

Graywolf

nice set up. can you please clarify the vibration a bit? Does the nylon/sander setup press dirctly down on the trim? Does it sit on the door sweeps and shake, leaving a bit of a space and vibrates the lower screen? is there some type of spacer that suspends the sanding rig. kief looks nice and gold.

It sits directly on the material. The sweeps just help keep the material from bouncing by the edge of the nylon.

GW

Graywolf

Graywolf

Are you gonna give us details of how to make one?

Sorry the first one was arm waves, cut to size, file to fit, paint to match.

Attached is a conceptual that I am working on that uses a sub woofer driver for the vibration, but it can be resized and a sander or something else used. It is close to the unit pictured.

I make conceptuals for my own shop use, so don't expect them to match international drawing standards.

Bon appetite!

GW

View attachment scan0009.pdf
BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
That's fucking great! this vibrating sieve concept seems very effective!

L

lime6161

The sub woofer thing looks cool. sure beats my ghetto rig. living next to a train yard w/a bubble box. Louder than fuck around here and the trains shake the building like a mofo. wicked gravity piles of full melt. lol

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
They have these for sale in the new High Times for $333!!

S

StickyIckys

you can also use ball vibrators. they are extremely powerful. I built one thinking i'd need one on each corner and had to turn off two of them so the kief wouldn't fly out. and yes by ball vibrator i mean the sex toy. cheap and if you're a lady you get to have fun with afterwards, or give it your lady

W

wheely1

You should make the one in the forum. The one in high times Resin reaper is useless my home made tumbler produces 80% more and when I tried to their manager refused to accept the device. The tell you to use other techniques until the tell you they will not give a refund. They I believe are con artists and won't even provide you with a reciept one did not come with the shipment and they would not email me a copy. The managers is Mathew Martell owners is Rob his # is 503-382-9290 tell him what you think of people that I believe steal from the Disabled

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

very nice. premade silk screens, with metal frames, can be found from silk screen supply places online. It would be easy to mount some rubber feet of some kind onto one and attach a sander.

very cool! thanks for posting

Top Bottom