Great White with Canna Coco?

• Thread starter Rjp2435
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rjp2435

Rjp2435

Hello all! Was just wondering if anybody had any experiences with using Great White or Mycorrhizae in their coco mediums.

Currently I’m using a coco/perlite mix 70/30 and was wondering if the Mycorrhizae would be beneficial in coco? I keep reading posts of those who use it in their soil, but can’t find many direct experiences to using it in soil.

Any input it greatly appreciated!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I used it in coco, then switched to RAW microbes. I'm not sure that great white did much. It has a lot of the wrong kind of myko in it. RAW is a much better product imho, and kept my roots pristine throughout the grow.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Mycorrhizae is beneficial in soil as they actively mine nutrients from the soil and exchange those nutrients with the roots for sugars from the plant. However, in a coco/perlite environment that is fed nutrient solution at least daily if not several times a day, they will become “lazy” and won’t be as effective. In short yes, you can use them in coco but you probably won’t see much benefit from it. I used to use them at transplant but I stopped years ago and haven’t noticed any loss in growth performance.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Mycorrhizae is beneficial in soil as they actively mine nutrients from the soil and exchange those nutrients with the roots for sugars from the plant. However, in a coco/perlite environment that is fed nutrient solution at least daily if not several times a day, they will become “lazy” and won’t be as effective. In short yes, you can use them in coco but you probably won’t see much benefit from it. I used to use them at transplant but I stopped years ago and haven’t noticed any loss in growth performance.

I agree Myko is the least useful thing in there for coco. That's partly why I use RAW, I use it more for the root protectant bacteria and fungi like trichoderma and bacillus. Those will absolutely benefit roots in any system, even hydroponics.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree Myko is the least useful thing in there for coco. That's partly why I use RAW, I use it more for the root protectant bacteria and fungi like trichoderma and bacillus. Those will absolutely benefit roots in any system, even hydroponics.
I agree. I use Recharge in veg and either RAW Bloom microbes or Mammoth P in flower once a week. Works great.

Rjp2435

Rjp2435

I agree. I use Recharge in veg and either RAW Bloom microbes or Mammoth P in flower once a week. Works great.
Thanks everybody, I ended up going to the hydro store and purchasing both Great White and Recharge. I will be mainly using the GH for transplanting and some occasional feedings. Though I will be using the Recharge on more of a weekly/biweekly basis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom