Greatest prices on bulbs

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Qman

I don't spend the extra cash on "name brand" bulbs, I put that money towards better nutrients and have absolutely no problems with the $50 1000k bulbs from DayStar HID

http://daystarhid.com/catalog/

Thay also have 1000k digital ballasts for $209 with a 5 year no B.S. warranty

IF I was going to spend the extra$ on a "name brand" I like Phillips

Like I said Nutrients and other things is where I put my $, for $50 a bulb I have a extra just in case....

They do have good prices too...

D

DigDug

I'm with Qman..... I order the cheaper lights after having bad experiences with the higher end lights..... i'm running a cheap $20 400 for yr now and just now fixn to replace it.

homebrew420

homebrew420

though I can appreciate what you folks are saying, ask a plant scientist using these lamps, in particular The Hortilux Blue, and they will tell you it truly is a more nutritious light. Keep in mind that light is food too. And lets face it we all spend more than we probably need on nutes anyway. If you are going to spend the money to make the best possible product why skrip on the lights?

Q

Qman

I understand the argument, I am plenty happy enough with what I am getting with my cheap lights, 1000k in a 4'9"x4'9" (140,000 lumens) area is more than enough light for 24 sq. ft. wouldn't you think?

One day when I am running 2 1000k's then I will run a comparison of my own

:rollj:

C

chickenn

the bulbs are worth the bank. the hilux enhanced hps is the brightest light i have ever seen. it soesn't have that annoying orange color, and it makes rock hard buds that the cheap buds just can't fuck with.

worth the money imho

O

Old Yeller

I'm with homebrew 420 on this one.
I order from PLH all the time & only buy EyeHorti's. Considering the price of plant nutes, getting a premium bulb at their prices isn't that much more expensive & i've never had any problems running them on digital or mag ballasts.
Same goes with all the T5 tubes i run - the Philips Tri-Phospher red & blue bulbs make a noticible difference on the plants in my vegging area vs. the regular 3000k & 6500k tubes.

og dmc

og dmc

Good find, why skimp on bulbs,I think it is most important to be able to replace them when needed. If you can afford to do that with the name brand bulbs fine, if not I would pick the less expensive bulbs.

D

DigDug

I have grown with the Hortilux and the cheaper and could tell no difference,,thats all i was saying,still yielded 2 lb on a 1000 watt balast.Absolutely no difference in the finished product as well...

og dmc

og dmc

Point noted. Like I said I think it is more important to be able to afford to change them, what good is a 150 dollar bulb that you have to milk 6 grows out of.

O

ograskal

Anyone ever heard of HiLUX GRO bulbs.....suppose to be more Lumens than Hortilux.....they are made in Germany by a company called USHIO....Just bought one and trying it out..seems nice and bright...cost less than Hortilux as well...we'll see how it does...~ogr

C

chickenn

that is what i said i am running now. best bulb on the market IMHO

Q

Qman

Anyone ever heard of HiLUX GRO bulbs.....suppose to be more Lumens than Hortilux.....they are made in Germany by a company called USHIO....Just bought one and trying it out..seems nice and bright...cost less than Hortilux as well...we'll see how it does...~ogr

Now this bulb interests me. I will get me one of these when the time comes...

J

Jalisco Kid

Hort Blue for veg. The extra money will be made up just from one extra branch it makes. Save money elsewhere not on bulbs. JK

sdgrower

sdgrower

the bulbs are worth the bank. the hilux enhanced hps is the brightest light i have ever seen. it soesn't have that annoying orange color, and it makes rock hard buds that the cheap buds just can't fuck with.

worth the money imho

The PAR value on these bulbs should be amazing. I'll take PAR value over lumens anytime.
Thanks chickenn for the info. + rep

Cheers!

I

ismokepot

md hydro has 1000 watt hp hortilux bulbs for $69 and the hortilux blue for $147......... fast shipping too plus i've never had a single problem with them.

M

mmaxammillian

grow bright bulb

what do u guys think of growbright bulbs i am new that is what i am growing with

I

idol902

Go with Hortilux and make sure you replace your bulbs every so often just fyi. My buddy had a hydro table with 2 different 1000w bulbs and you can totally tell the difference between the hort and the random. I would put my money into getting good bulbs after seeing that one. Much fuller buds and at a faster speed.

Top Bottom