GreatWhite vs Tarantula

• Thread starter dank_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I love GreatWhite. It is relatively cheap and produces results.

However, I'm in aero (using laser lines) and I do not like using powders. I don't like it sitting at the bottom of the rez. I especially don't like it sticking to my roots and eventually rotting them out.

I've used Tarantula and many other bennies in the past. Tarantula is available in liquid state. I would like it to replace GreatWhite ONLY because it is liquid.

My question: Is there anything significant in GreatWhite that Tarantula doesn't have?
I havent read past this first comment but i had a question before i answer do you expect Endo or Ecto Mycorrizhae specifically to grow on aeroponic roots?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I havent read past this first comment but i had a question before i answer do you expect Endo or Ecto Mycorrizhae specifically to grow on aeroponic roots?

http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2010/01/super-feeding-do-mycorrhizae-have-a-role-in-hydroponics/

This article was written to promote mycorrhizae in hydro. However, the people talking about it all work for companies that sell mychorrhizae... if this seems fishy, it is. Mycorrhizae act as a carbon drain on a plant in a pure hydro/aero setting. Along with the fact that many people in hydro run high levels of phosphorus..detrimental to mycos.

This is exactly why I separated the mycos from the beneficial trichoderma, bacillus, streptomyces, etc.. they are not needed, and possibly detrimental in hydro.

Best bet if you want a liquid is to make compost tea and innoculate by means of adding the tea to the system.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I have a belief with no proof i might as well put it out there but i must warn you that rabbit whole runs deep....mycorrhizal relationships only exist rooting from the film created inbetween the roots and soil... im sure the soil science guys will chime in on this one if not oh well im just another hippie
So the whatever positive results the farmers are measuring is NOT coming from the mycorrhizal bacteria nor fungus in Hydro that is

Another interesting tidbit some of the mycorrhizal relationships we thrive for take 3 to 4 months to develope.....a metaphor i like is some are snickers for quick burst of energy some are pasta for long lasting energy ....no hard feelings if anyone thinks im full of shit i love my second amendment;)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have a belief with no proof i might as well put it out there but i must warn you that rabbit whole runs deep....mycorrhizal relationships only exist rooting from the film created inbetween the roots and soil... im sure the soil science guys will chime in on this one if not oh well im just another hippie
So the whatever positive results the farmers are measuring is NOT coming from the mycorrhizal bacteria nor fungus in Hydro that is

Another interesting tidbit some of the mycorrhizal relationships we thrive for take 3 to 4 months to develope.....a metaphor i like is some are snickers for quick burst of energy some are pasta for long lasting energy ....no hard feelings if anyone thinks im full of shit i love my second amendment;)

mycos do take longer to establish which is why it is best to apply early in the life cycle. other fungi such as trichoderma do not take that long and are quite beneficial. There are also studies that show relationship between mycos and trichoderma.. different hormones released when both are present as opposed to just one...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

ecto mycos are totally useless in this application. ectos are for large species (trees). funny thing is they are included in a lot of the hydro products. I think because the ecto spore counts are much higher, so it looks like there is more than meets the eye. You are getting a lot of spores, but they are useless in your application.. not really worth it.

KushCompass

KushCompass

I really enjoy these products. You can only order large quantities so go in on a bunch with some buddies as I did. It ended up being under $20 a kilo with shipping.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
With all respect KC,

For over a year I have researched countless hours trying to learn about beneficials and help others understand them as well. Through that research, and with the help of people here, I added more and more species to improve a great initial product. I am glad you are getting a cheaper product, but by no means is it the same thing. You need to add in about 30 more species and up the concentrations significantly. We are still adding. We have patented strains that Dr. Rajan does not even carry.

To say you can get the exact same product for WAAAAAAYYY cheaper from the manufacturer is very misleading and unfair. It implies that I am overcharging, which is simply not the case. The whole point of caps bennies/ogbiowar... the whole reason it started was to bring a product to market that isn't 0.1% active ingredient for a shitload of money...

-Cap

KushCompass

KushCompass

Funny, I had a soil scientist buddy test out some samples of yours and Dr, Rajans and they were the exaxct same. Didn't get into details with him but he said to stick the the labs as they are cheap as fuck and do the exact same thing. With all do respect. Not bashing you or your product, just sharing what I have found to be very useful and very cheap.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Funny, I had a soil scientist buddy test out some samples of yours and Dr, Rajans and they were the exaxct same. Didn't get into details with him but he said to stick the the labs as they are cheap as fuck and do the exact same thing. With all do respect. Not bashing you or your product, just sharing what I have found to be very useful and very cheap.

I'll be sending out samples to an independent lab this week as well. I can't see how they could possibly be the same, as I know there are a shitload more species. I am curious how your soil science guy isolated each microbe for identification. Can you ask him please?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

CAP what do you think about gibberellins? That Dr. Rajan stuff has many different things that boast to produce gibberellins...im 99% sure gibberellins is i big no no unless your shooting for S1's

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
CAP what do you think about gibberellins? That Dr. Rajan stuff has many different things that boast to produce gibberellins...im 99% sure gibberellins is i big no no unless your shooting for S1's

gibberlins should not be confused with gibberlic acid. There are many differetn gibberlins that affect many aspects of plant development. If you do a google search on gibberlins there is a lot of reading on it.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thanks CAP see thats why people get your stuff you know whats up so gibberlins are safe ??? and gibberilic acid is the hermie stuff?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks CAP see thats why people get your stuff you know whats up so gibberlins are safe ??? and gibberilic acid is the hermie stuff?

The gibberlins in this case are safe. They will not make your plants hermie. You can also use gibberlic acid when you plant seeds for better germination rate and more vigorous early growth. However, sprayed later in flower can induce severe stretching.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I currently use voodoo tartantula and pirhana in my garden but it seems you may have the same thing for cheaper.. Im all about saving dollars but i dont want to sacrafice my product here. Im not so well read up on these things but any information would be helful

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Funny, I had a soil scientist buddy test out some samples of yours and Dr, Rajans and they were the exaxct same.

Do you know how he 'tested' the samples??

Just doesn't sound like he has a very accurate way to test beneficial microbes.

Its good to be able to back things up when making claims like that. Or at least be sure of the way it was tested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom