GREEN ALGE ON MY ROT POTS :( how to remove?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

I MENT TO SAY ROOT POT AS THE CLOTH POTS LIKE SMART POTS AND MY PROBLEM IS i have green alge growing on my root pots im using a 600hps lamp @24 hours a day NO DARKNESS(is this the cause) and im running an ebb n flow coco system with root pots just like smart pots anyway im getting this weird alige build up thats kinda bubbley and kinda thick its growing on the coco and on the actually cloth but only in one of my grow rooms im wondering if this is from not changing the res in a month as i accidently didnt do that so my plants look fine and this is my flower room that im trying to stretch the veg time out for these to get bigger anyway the VEG room with my mother plants they DO NOT have any alge on them at all( also they have no hps light just an MH WITH A DARK CYCLE WOULD THAT KILL THE ALGEE????

and also they NO ALGE AT ALL ON VEG ROOM MH LIGHT could the MH LIGHT KILL THE ALGE AND THE HPS LET THE ALGE GROW?????????

ALGE ONLY ON FLOWER ROOM PLANTS USING HPS what od i do low dose of hydoperoxide or do i do some thing like hydeoponic bleech at a 1-2ppm level to not hurt the plants and to clean the alge off or should i toss the plants out? and just clean the tables and hope it doesnt come back

the alge is thick... its think alge it i dont know what to do besides bleach the entire room THEN TOSS THE PLANTS OUT . DO I HAVE TO TOSS THE PLANTS OUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ALGE BEFORE BUT I HAVE ONLY SEEN IT STUFF THAT GETS RAYS FROM THE HPS LAMP AND THE PLACES THE ALGE DIES IS WHEN IT DOES NOT GET ANY LIGHT LIKE IF ONE SIDE OF THE POT IS COVERD IN ALGE AND I COVER IT UP WITH ANOTHER ROOT POT THE ALGE THAT GETS NO LIGHT DIES SO DO I JUST HAVE TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF? MAYBE I SHOULD START AN OUT DOOR GARDEN ? ALONG WITH MY OTHER STUFF? SO I CAN HAVE BUD GROWING WHILE IM CLEANING MY FLOWER ROOM AND MAKING CLONES?

Natural

Natural

no reason to ditch the grow, bro. it likes warm damp and sunny..pretty harmless. it actually breaks down in the coco and turns into Nitrogen. It's happening mostly because you coco guys like your medium to stay pretty wet.
If you don't like it cause you think it's dirty..try wiping it off with a mild hydrogen peroxide dilution and/or wrapping the pots with light-proof plastic for a couple of days to shield the light a bit. Maybe upgrade to brand name pots like smarties.

Ever after

Ever after

SO maybe just putting my plants a dark cycle it will kill the ggooey gelly like algee but theres only 6 that are effected should i just start over? or should i flower the 6 and just keep putting pots on my trays till they are totally filled up oh i guess its personal pref i feel like the upgrade of cloth pots is root pots as i think smart pots over 3 years of using them they cant wash as easily i just only run a flower cycle only if i have at least 25 per light so 50 max and that does it good for a year as i dont share unless its a hot woman

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

The algae needs light to grow

Try jus adding a lil more coco to the top of your pots to cover the algae.

Also a lil extra air flow will help the surface of the pot dry and slow the algae as well

As somebody else said algae is harmless as long as it doesn't get way out of control

Ever after

Ever after

well theres like a half inch of the stuff layered all over my trays and also has algee on the coco and if i scrape the algee off by scraping with my hand i can scoop up about a handful of the algee easily so i think its bad i think i need to turn off the lights and bleach everything

Ever after

Ever after

i think im gonna just toss out the coco and the plants that have the algee problem and just bleach the flower room because i have a 4x8 of ebb n flow tray to grow in and over 2 600w lamps only it seems its like 90 degree during the day untill like 5:30 because its summer im thinking maybe i should get a mini split for my flower room and so i can use aero cloners easily im also thinking of getting a water chiller just for to make aero clones because i dont like any other style of clones. I have been trying rock wool for 5 years and started like 7 years ago doing so aero system cloner and i thought the roots and transplant recovery time was just so worth it the plants would be 2x as strong compaired to plants cloned in rockwool. ive had rapid rooters work twice in 4 years for me and i bought at least 600 plugs and just failers for failers but in the winter i just to my aero because the temps get in to the 50s sometimes. i cant decided to go with mini split or a small water chiller as if i get a mini split i could add a light maybe but still only get about a harvest every year or every 9 -10 months or a year and a half im sick and falling behind wish i could get some help got the best plants to grow i really want to grow out one of my 10 whiteOG that ive been growing for about a year or more and i got love potion forever now and tons of pakistani strains for years now just growing and trimming back but never flowered them i just been doing the white . or triangle kush because its easy or starbud because it roots really easy i need help but ive tried cloning with everything style besides putting my plants it soil to root as the medium i think ive got RW to root maybe 30 times in 5 years

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I've never seen algae as bad as you described

Can you get some pics?

Top Bottom