Green but dropping leaves

• Thread starter AceSpade
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AceSpade

AceSpade

Hello I'm Ace I'm a new grower..my pineapple chunk is green but dropping..I wasn't feeding it any nitrogen until a week ago it's in ocean forrest been in veg for about 7 or 8 weeks I've cut off about 8 giant yellow leaves and some tips are yellow..so wondering what I need to do to get her leaves upright again

Green but dropping leaves
Green but dropping leaves 2
AceSpade

AceSpade

Really no set time maybe 2 to 3 times a week but no straight water always has bio root.. black strap molasses.. golden tree and now liquid fish

BunnyAnd.Ducky

BunnyAnd.Ducky

Do you wait for the pot to feel light and the top 3 inches of soil to be dust dry b4 watering?

AceSpade

AceSpade

Really no set time maybe 2 to 3 times a week but no straight water always has bio root.. black strap molasses.. golden tree and now liquid fish
I'm feeding twice a week.. really don't know what I'm doing just alot of research and listening everyone's input

AceSpade

AceSpade

Right on.. thanks I'll let her air out and see if she's better..thank you much

AceSpade

AceSpade

It never makes it that much 3/4 of a gallon maybe half a gallon and stars running out from bottom.. ocean forrest filters water right through

fishbuds

fishbuds

I have grown in that exact pot. Real tall, so the top goes dry as a bone, but bottom stays wet, especially if the root zone is cool.

If your pot is proper dry, and you start to water with quick runoff, your soil is resisting the water. Water one quart slowly wetting the surface of the of the soil. Walk away for 15 minutes allowing the soil to slowly impregnate, come back and do another quart, wait 5 mins or so, and another quart, and so on, til you see runoff. Add some yucca to your irri and fertigations to combat the hydrophbia, and get good air circ hitting your soil under the canopy.

also, know ph and ppms of your soil.

AceSpade

AceSpade

Thank you everyone for your input and advice it's very much appreciated..I'm a sponge for knowledge so I'll be on here quite a bit.. some questions might seem silly bit but every little piece of info I'll cherish....

growsince79

growsince79

It never makes it that much 3/4 of a gallon maybe half a gallon and stars running out from bottom.. ocean forrest filters water right through
No shit, thats because its overwatered. If you let it dry proper it will take about 1.5 gal each watering. Weigh it wet and weigh it everyday. Don't water again untill it loses 10-12 pounds.

AceSpade

AceSpade

No shit, thats because its overwatered. If you let it dry proper it will take about 1.5 gal each watering. Weigh it wet and weigh it everyday. Don't water again untill it loses 10-12 pounds.
Funny my whole thing only weights 13.6 pounds now

Top Bottom