Green Crack and Trainwreck Maui questions. 1st time growing these strains.

• Thread starter mcerdajr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mcerdajr

mcerdajr

I've got a couple questions for anyone who has experienced growing Green Crack AKA Pineapple and/or Trainwreck x Maui.
I'm growing these strains because the cloner told me these were both 6 week flowering strains but we're in week 4 and the buds don't look 2 weeks away from harvest. I was wondering how long the flowering time is on these two strains.
I'm growing them in 3 gallon pots under a 600 w/ HPS. Soil is Fox Farm: Oceanforest (the blue bag) and the nutrient line is General Hydroponics FLORA DUO 2 part system (A, B, plus CalMAG,Liquid KoolBloom, and Floralicious PLUS)
T
Trainwreck_x_Maui_and_Green_Crack_week_4.jpg

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I've grown green crack and trainwreck both. Neither are 6 week strains. The trainwreck cut I grew went closer to 9 weeks and the green crack went 8 but could have easily used another week. Different cuts and crosses will all perform differently but 6 weeks is VERY quick IMO. I use flora duo also and have been satisfied so far. Good luck on the grow, they look good but not two weeks left kind of good.

Green Giant

Green Giant

My GC would be ready at 42 day on the nose! I tried going over by a week and quality went down!!

Different pheno's will take longer than others.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

42 days is a quick finisher! Don't let that cut go. How is the yield? If you can get a good yield at that short a bloom its a winner!!!

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Gonna start some gc on my next run. I chose it because I've hear Sooo many stories of its short flower high yield qualitys. But I've also heard of its wild car phenos. I think I'm going to get some beans and pick the best out of 2 of 6 to keep as mothers.

Yours are looking good. Hope to see the end result.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Yeah my cracks always came down week 7-8. I think you've got bag seed bro

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

The trainwreck I have from Green house seeds quotes 9 weeks.

mcerdajr

mcerdajr

Here's an update on the grow, we're kicking off week 7 today! Things are looking pretty decent I'd say, the buds have gotten so heavy the branches have to be propped up or they'll actually fall to the floor. Can anyone predict the yield based on the picture of the whole garden?..
Week 7 4
Trainwreck x Maui and Green Crack Week 7 1

Week 7 2

mcerdajr

mcerdajr

Ok so we've harvested, dried, and trimmed! Product turned out better than I thought they would. A lot of the pictures look a bit professional because it's the display for the collective they went to. Be assured, it's the actual final product.
Green Crack
GREEN CRACK (ABOVE)
Trainwreck x Maui M pheno

Trainwreck x Maui (ABOVE)
TWxM Close Up M Pheno

Close up of TWxM

... SO in the end; 3x3 space, foxfarm soil, 600w i got about 3 Oz's of TWxM and 1.5 Oz's of GC with this quality.. Question for you experienced farmers, is this an above average, average, or below average yield?

reloader

reloader

I wasn't real clear on how many plants you had going. (looked like about 3) I would say though for 1 600 light 0n a 3X3 space 4.5 oz is average. I'm pulling 10 to 12 ounces out of about that same space with one plant in a 20 gal pot per 600 light I run. The difference is always the vegging time & technique for your plants & of course strain.
Finished bud looked real good though, nice job!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

130 grams from 600w isn't a good yeild. Sounds like something stunted them in the first half of flowering. You should EASY pull 300 grams from that set up. But fuck it, quality of the end product is by far the most important thing, and it looks like you nailed it! Nice work. More vegging and training like reloader said and you'll get there.

mcerdajr

mcerdajr

I do 8 small plants and veg them for about 2 weeks. They grew about 1/2 oz per plant but I want to start getting yields like Walter was talking about!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

double the amount of soil and veg time. If you cant double the veg time double the number of plants. Keep your 600w close to the canopy, they dont have much penetration. keep all your buds within the light penetration zone. fill every corner of the tent with a cola. Make sure your reflector isnt spreading your lumens further than your 3x3 conopy.

reloader

reloader

I do 8 small plants and veg them for about 2 weeks. They grew about 1/2 oz per plant but I want to start getting yields like Walter was talking about!
I started out doing smaller plants (although not that small), I used 3.5 gallon pots & after a couple of years I could nail 3 oz per plant dry. I would not be happy with .5 oz per plant. Veg more plants, then you can veg bigger ones. Now I can grow with 1 plant & equal the yield of growing 4 or 5 plants. So it just made sense to me to grow larger plants & I have never looked back. Now I am doing 20 gallon pots & I think Walt is doing like 35 gallon pots. You would be amazed at how much you can get from those types of soil capacity. That is why you need to have a lot of plants going, because I need a 2.5 to 3 month veg time, but I am pulling nearly triple the yield with 1 plant as your doing with 8 plants. Also this way I can care for less plants & my plant count is lower, depending on the laws in your state.

Top Bottom