Green Gelato - Florganics Compost Test & Phenotype Hunt

• Thread starter FatManatee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FatManatee

FatManatee

Hey,

I'm back with another study. My local hydro shop got a new product called "Flo - Superfood for your plants", it's an organic-mineral compost meant to be combined with soil, to form your own super soil, which does not require additional nutrients.

The only other additive, I plan to use is Soil Balance Pro, which has given me incredible results with all my past grows.

I will be growing 4 plants of Green Gelato, from Royal Queen Seeds.

Plants will be cloned, best phenotype will be used in my next round of testing, to do a side by side lollipop defoliation test.

Grow room:
- 4x4 tent
- 4x 120W Zeus Boards (Samsung LM301B), total: 480W
- (Maybe add in a red booster in flowering, if summer temps are not too hot)

Pictures taken 8 days after planting seeds.

Flo back   copy

All   copy

Pk1   copy
Pk2   copy
Pk3   copy
Pk5   copy
FatManatee

FatManatee

Currently the plants are running in 1 liter Air-Pots, which I'm testing out for the 1st time. In the pictures you can also see one of the plants being in a regular 2 liter bucket, this will be a small side by side comparison to see the difference in growth rate during the vegetative phase. The bucket plant will be tossed later on.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Update - Veg day 8 (15 days from planting seeds).

Plants are growing at an astonishing rate in the Air-Pot's, I've never seen such speed. Growth rate is nearly double compared to my older 2 liter regular bucket. I gave the plants some Soil Balance Pro at day 2 of veg, otherwise I've been giving them just plain tap water.

The leaves are a bit droopy in this picture, as the pot's had dried out pretty well... I'm still getting used to watering the Air-Pot's so often.

MG 4639
 MG 4640
FatManatee

FatManatee

This post didn't get quite the excitement as my last by side grow, so I'm bringing in updates a bit slower. Good news for the people who are waiting for my lollipopping side by side experiment; clones have been taken, and I will be running the test right after I finish with this project :)

Veg has been done, and I'm just about to start week 5 of flowering. Some notes from veg; in early veg the plants started suffering from nitrogen toxicity, using this florganics compost is way too hot for the plants in early veg. In late veg the plants started suffering from potassium deficiency. Conclusion: in early veg use less compost then instructed, and in late veg use more (you need to transplant the plants to hotter soil).

In these pictures you see plants that have been heavily supercropped (not wilting). One of the plants has clear indica traits, three are hybrids, and one is a sativa dominant plant.

MG 4642
 MG 4643
 MG 4644
 MG 4645

Going into flowering week 2, I also practiced cutting lower branches, so I'm prepared to make the right cuts for my next grow test. (during veg as well).
 MG 4646
 MG 4650
 MG 4652

Flowering week 3, I started getting some heavy nitrogen deficiencies, Florganics clearly doesn't have enough nutrients to last through the growth, I later on top dressed with more of this stuff.

MG 4659
 MG 4660
 MG 4662
 MG 4663

And last day of flowering week 4 (day 28), you can clearly start seeing big differences in how the plants look. Top right corner looking to be a really sativa dominant strain which still keeps stretching.

MG 4664
 MG 4665
 MG 4666

Aaargh... I can't get the image previews off... So they are showing up again here at the bottom
-----
-----

MG 4642
 MG 4643
 MG 4644
 MG 4645
 MG 4651
 MG 4667
Last edited:
FatManatee

FatManatee

End of week 5 update, the buds are really starting to bulge up. You can really start to see the different pheno traits of each plant.
Pictures in order:
- All plants
- PK1 Hybrid, the plant in the middle
- PK2 Sativa dominant strain
- PK4 Indica dominant strain, (with a half a liter bottle next to it for size reference. not all of the cola could even fit in the picture!! :O )

It's a 10 week strain, so 4 more weeks of bulging up to remain. These might end up being the biggest badassest nugs I've ever grown. The smell is also fantastic! Like cotton candy :)

All
Pk5
Sat
Ind
FatManatee

FatManatee

End of week 6 update, buds really starting to fill out. You can see the two biggest colas compared to a pint sized can. Definitely don't have any regrets about using super-soil.

MG 4702   Copy
 MG 4703   Copy
 MG 4704   Copy
 MG 4705   Copy
FatManatee

FatManatee

One more photo with the can behind the bud. I think this gives you a better idea how wide these nugs actually are, they look a lot bigger in real life then in the photos.

MG 4706   Copy
FatManatee

FatManatee

Update, last day of week 7.

Buds are really starting to frost up, and the colas still keep fattening up! It's amazing how the 3 biggest colas are the size of an 1.5l (quarter gallon) water bottle! They are not even showing signs of ripening like the other plants, so they must still have their best grow days ahead :D

2-3 more weeks of flowering remaining.

MG 5005   Copy
 MG 5015   Copy
 MG 5016   Copy
 MG 5018   Copy
 MG 5019   Copy
 MG 5023   Copy
 MG 5027   Copy
 MG 5033   Copy
JUNGLISTBANDELERO

JUNGLISTBANDELERO

Hi,

what size were your end pots? and how much FLO did you use in total for the whole grow? thanks. its hard to find information about this product

Top Bottom